Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• Just watched The Suicide Squad . Really enjoyed it . 
    You can tell it’s us James Gunn movie because it feels like a Guardians of the Galaxy film . Great soundtrack, Good action and bloody funny but I liked the first film when everyone else hated it so what do I know ? 

8 out of 10

• Black Widow
    Another day on the sofa ill, and watched this with my younger daughter. In short it was brilliant. It veered off into unlikely action sequences with fast cars and people hitting each other with iron bars which is always a bit off putting for me, but the usual Marvel Studios humour was there again, and the back story as well as the story itself was all riveting, and the actors were great.
    Plus as I left the credits on while I was doing some bits in the room, there is a small extra scene after all (and I mean ALL) the credits have run. Worth checking out.
    4/5
  • Black Widow
    Another day on the sofa ill, and watched this with my younger daughter. In short it was brilliant. It veered off into unlikely action sequences with fast cars and people hitting each other with iron bars which is always a bit off putting for me, but the usual Marvel Studios humour was there again, and the back story as well as the story itself was all riveting, and the actors were great.
    Plus as I left the credits on while I was doing some bits in the room, there is a small extra scene after all (and I mean ALL) the credits have run. Worth checking out.
    4/5
    We loved Black Widow too - we do like a Marvel film though. NB all Marvel films have a bit after the credits - well worth waiting for 
  • Is the new Suicide Squad a reboot or sequel? Whatever it is I hope it is better than the first. Hoping to see it some time this week. 
    Both and neither, as far as I can tell the events of the first one may or may not have happened but it doesn't remotely affect the plot either way beyond a couple of f returning characters.
  • edited August 2021
    Was a little disappointed by Black Widow, didnt think it was Marvel's best work.

Think it would have been better had it followed Civil War in the series instead of as a prequel film.

Saying that we knew what happens to Scarlett Johanssen

But how they've setup Florence Pugh to replace her, combined with the same character returning (who meets US Agent at the end of Falcon and the Winter Soldier) and you just know that Kevin Feige continues to plot the future.

The start of the end credit scene was a nice touch after the complaints at the end of EndGame though
  • I started watching yesterday, but i couldn't get into it. I do love all the marvels but maybe it was my frame of mind watched for about 40 mins and literally didn't pay attention and was on my phone mostly. Ill try again later/ tomorrow, i'd be very surprised if i dont get into it watching it 100% 
  • Thoroughly enjoyed the Suicide Squad 2 earlier today. Plot was comic book bonkers, as they should be, but humour, sound track and comic book violence was so spot on. Think Guardians of the Galaxy with bloody violence and you have the gist of it. Margot Robbie was so brilliant as Harley Quinn, just wish she was in even more scenes. 8/10 and will watch again when home released…
  • Black Widow
    4/5
    Hope you feel better soon, but keep enjoying the movies in the meantime.
  • Watched Horizon Line at the weekend 

Its free on Amazon 

Its a story about a couple who aren't a couple anymore getting a single engine plane from Mauritius mainland to some fictional island for a wedding. Uhtred of Bebbanberg is the eye candy for the chicks and one of the actresses from Girls is the female lead 

The plot is explained in the trailer and its an interesting concept but thats as far as it goes, the dialogue is horrible and the delivery of it is even worse. You can't pick holes in plots of films like this, you have to laugh and I stuck it out to the end. 

Its a 4/10 possibly a 5 for how much they filmed in one of the most beautiful islands in the world and the genuine vertigo feeling some of the scenes gave but the acting even for a film like this is hilariously bad. Open water was similar but that was genuinely frightening and had an awesome naked scene at the start 
  • Had the misfortune of seeing Old at the cinema last night. A good central premise and beautiful visuals couldn’t make up for the horrific dialogue and atrocious acting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched Stillwater today starring Matt Damon. It's not the film the trailer suggests but i really liked it. 
    It's slow paced , has a good story and is well acted and i'd recommend it.
  • Just watched three quarters of Ice Road with Liam Neeson on Amazon Prime. Got off to a good start but melted faster than the ice and had to bail out leaving the wife to watch the end. 
  • Flat on my back at the weekend with some sort of bug so I hit the movies. 

Jojo Rabbit
    I tried this before and couldn't get into it but this time I stuck with it and enjoyed it a lot. A cute whimsical Hitler is a big push but fitted into the film as the young aspiring Brownshirt deals with the fact that his mum is hiding a youg jewish girl in the walls of her house. Great acting, and I was dragged along by the film to it's moving finale. 4/5

Jungle Cruise.
    I like old Dwayne, and I'm generally a sucker for a Disney movie, and as it had a respectable 69% on rotten tometoes, I went along for the ride. My personal take that it was a silly, dull movie, in which the story made little sense and really needed a lot of work. I'll avoid a guaranteed spoiler but there was one standout fail that annoyed me thrughout. I'll happily go along with the crowd in suspending my doubts for a good fun movie but I just found this one incompetent. 1/5

Inception
    seen it before but the disney film made me long for something different. Love everything from the soundtrack to the acting to the effects.
    5/5
    Watched Jojo Rabbit for the first time last week - thought it was brilliant, loved it being equal parts daft, dark humour and yet sad and poignant.

Scarlett Johansson was fantastic in it.
    Glad to see some more people getting Jojo Rabbit.  I loved it.  Ms AA not so much.
  • Was so bored yesterday I watched Sweeney Todd. Gave up after 15 mins. I knew it was a musical but why does it all have to be musical? I fucking hate it, like Les Mis, you haven’t got a clue what’s going on cos the constant music and singing dialogue. Sing a song every 10 mins if you have too, but not all the time. I can’t wrap my head around how anyone can find that entertaining. Absolutely atrocious.
    Musicals are the devils work ( Blues Brothers aside ) 
  • Was so bored yesterday I watched Sweeney Todd. Gave up after 15 mins. I knew it was a musical but why does it all have to be musical? I fucking hate it, like Les Mis, you haven’t got a clue what’s going on cos the constant music and singing dialogue. Sing a song every 10 mins if you have too, but not all the time. I can’t wrap my head around how anyone can find that entertaining. Absolutely atrocious.
    I went through the same process when it came out. Thinking I could abide the annoying musical interludes. Then realised it was all fucking music. And singers who can’t sing. 
    Me and my little girl love Greatest Showman, the story and catchy songs are good at its not too OTT. 
  • Up ValleyGary said:
    Was so bored yesterday I watched Sweeney Todd. Gave up after 15 mins. I knew it was a musical but why does it all have to be musical? I fucking hate it, like Les Mis, you haven’t got a clue what’s going on cos the constant music and singing dialogue. Sing a song every 10 mins if you have too, but not all the time. I can’t wrap my head around how anyone can find that entertaining. Absolutely atrocious.
    Me and my little girl love Greatest Showman, the story and catchy songs are good at its not too OTT. 
    Luckily I have teenage boys so I don’t have to sit through that . 😂
    Jesus H Christ, if only the people who make musicals could see the light. 
    In which case I think you'd enjoy Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Story, if you haven't already seen it.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Suicide Squad... 

Fantastic compared to Suicide Squad. I was concerned when in the first 5 minutes or so I realised most of the actors I liked were getting wiped out early doors, just like the original!

The Suicide Squad IS a sequel, but it's just another mission. You can feel they have learned from their mistakes in the first film. 

It won't float all boats, but as a fan of the previous film well the cast & characters of the previous film, I knew I'd enjoy this.

:star::star::star::star:
  • Wife and kids went to Jungle Cruise, and they all loved it.  Recently got round to watching Monster House, a kid's horror movie... they had been too frightened to watch it until now. Really well made film.
  • The Founder on Prime is the story of the brothers who established the McDonald's label and Ray Kroc who ruthlessly franchised it and took it away from them. 

Excellent film, would recommend. 
    Is that the Michael Keaton one?
    I remember watching it when it came out maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Very good film. Easy to get caught up reading more and more after too.
  • The Founder on Prime is the story of the brothers who established the McDonald's label and Ray Kroc who ruthlessly franchised it and took it away from them. 

Saw this one years ago - quality film. Surprised me

Is that the Michael Keaton one?
    I remember watching it when it came out maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Very good film. Easy to get caught up reading more and more after too.
    Yes
  • Saw The Courier on Saturday in the cinema, well mostly, the screen broke somehow with half an hour left so we had to stream the final section at home... however still really enjoyed it.

Based on a true story of an ordinary  English salesman, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, who is recruited by the CIA/MI6 to courier (hence the name) soviet state secrets back and forth from the USSR to Britain under the guise of his salesman title, all in the lead up to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Cumberbatch was very good as was his Soviet contact and it was very tense in parts! Definitely worth a good watch if that time period is of interest, has an added element as it all happened in real life at a very poignant/dangerous time for the world.
  • Green Book .. not new, an Oscar winner .. recorded a long time ago and watched it yesterday .. excellent
  • Anybody seen Reminiscence before it’s UK release? Looks my cup of tea from the trailer plus it’s got Natalie Martinez in it 🤤 
  • Watched 11:14 on Prime last Friday. A film with five entwined stories revolving around a car accident in a small American town. A film largely about poor decisions made under duress. It's not a new film, probably twenty years old, but I really enjoyed watching the pieces of the story all come together.
    Ensemble cast featuring Hilary Swank, Patrick Swayze, Barbara Hershey. Very good soundtrack too.