Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• Just seen Batman. Still not really sure what to make of it. 
  • Saw THE DUKE, Cracking film, Ealing Comedy for the 21st Century.
  • edited March 2022
    Just seen Batman. Still not really sure what to make of it. 
    In a good or bad way?
  • Also just seen The Batman and have mixed feelings. Overall enjoyed it a lot. It started brilliantly but couldn’t maintain that mystery - Thought the middle section sagged a bit and became a bit repetitive/ cliched. Bats basically has a series of meetings like he’s at work and Gordon was in it more than Bruce Wayne. 

Ultimately liked where his arc went as it was a nice way to move on from the Nolan interpretation. 

Pattinson is a very, very good Bats but didn’t have enough to do as Wayne. 
  • Saw THE DUKE, Cracking film, Ealing Comedy for the 21st Century.
    I saw it last week - very enjoyable story.
  • Fumbluff said:
    In a good or bad way?
    Pretty much what Jimmy said. I also felt the story in the middle got so convoluted. Obviously limited what I can say due to spoilers but I just felt there was a lot of “he said, no he said” without much real character progression. Agree that Pattinson made a very good Batman. The backstory for The Riddler and what he’s trying to achieve also had the opportunity to have so many other better routes, but what and who he is, to me at least, just felt like a weak copout of a storyline. Once a few more have seen it or if there’s a specific Batman post with spoilers I can elaborate more 😂
  • Just watched After Love, a British/French film that has done well at a few film festivals and won some awards. Thought it was beautifully acted and perfectly cast, but quite a sad film and probably not everyone's cup of tea. Very good though 
  • Fumbluff said:
    In a good or bad way?
    Pretty much what Jimmy said. I also felt the story in the middle got so convoluted. Obviously limited what I can say due to spoilers but I just felt there was a lot of “he said, no he said” without much real character progression. Agree that Pattinson made a very good Batman. The backstory for The Riddler and what he’s trying to achieve also had the opportunity to have so many other better routes, but what and who he is, to me at least, just felt like a weak copout of a storyline. Once a few more have seen it or if there’s a specific Batman post with spoilers I can elaborate more 😂
    Sounds like we have a similar take on this.

Worth adding that some of the visuals are fantastic. I do thoroughly enjoy watching Matt Reeves’s stuff. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    In a good or bad way?
    Seeing it tomorrow
  • Stuck Together - French, quite charming, gentle comedy/farce set in a Parisian apartment block during lockdown. Presumably written and filmed during the first lockdown.

It's basically a story about different characters being forced to spend time with each other when they would normally just nod on the stairs. That and how different people and the authorities reacted to Covid, but with an emphasis on the ridiculous.

I'm a Dany Boon fan so quite liked it but it won't challenge you if you looking for anything other than light and frothy. Although my wife still cried...
  • Sponsored links:

• Just caught up with Nightride on Netflix.
    I really liked it but then I do like Moe Dunford.
    Makes a change to see Belfast from a different angle.
    Worth a watch imho.
  • The Courier. A true cold War story starring Cumberbatch on Prime. Very good film, with excellent casting. 
  • The Courier. A true cold War story starring Cumberbatch on Prime. Very good film, with excellent casting. 
    Watched this on Prime a week or two ago. Didn't bother with it at the cinema as I thought it would be entirely predictable. It wasn't. Much better than I expected, and I very much enjoyed it.

• Halfway through Old. I think the biggest mystery here is the existence of Shyamalan’s career. 

• JiMMy 85 said:
    Halfway through Old. I think the biggest mystery here is the existence of Shyamalan’s career. 

And it’s still nowhere near as bad as many of his terrible films ! 
  • Yeah that’s true. The Happening is still top dog. Followed by The Lady in the Water. Then Glass. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    In a good or bad way?
    I was really, really sceptical beforehand about Pattinson as Batman but I was very wrong. He was great, visually it’s pretty spectacular and I didn’t even mind the 3hr running time. I just felt they could do a lot more in that time. I particularly wish they had focused more on the Riddler’s story and how he was able to influence, that would have been far more interesting than the other part of the story line. 
  • Apparently they're doing a HBO spinoff show of Farrell's The Penguin character, seems a bit unnecessary to me but if done right it could be very good with Farrell in that role.
  • The Post Card Killings arrived on Prime today. I thought it was a good film.
  • The Adam Project - Thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel good factor, plenty of laughs and family friendly. What's not to like?

8/10
  • Sponsored links:

I saw part of that being filmed at Kings Cross Station a few years ago. Loads of actors dressed up as Polish police running through a train. I thought the film was a little disappointing. 
    I saw part of that being filmed at Kings Cross Station a few years ago. Loads of actors dressed up as Polish police running through a train. I thought the film was a little disappointing. 
    Unless I fell asleep there were no Polish police in the film.
    Unless I fell asleep there were no Polish police in the film.
    We are talking about the film starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan ? 
  • Yep
    They must have been scandy police. They had Poliski or something like that on their jackets . The Police dogs had the same too. 
  • A couple were murdered in Stockholm 
  • Just watched Dog. Was actually okay. Biggest surprise was how much weight Ethan Suplee has lost. Bloke looks totally different.
  • Just watched Dog. Was actually okay. Biggest surprise was how much weight Ethan Suplee has lost. Bloke looks totally different.
    We watched that earlier and enjoyed it. The dog/s acted their paws off and Channing Tatum is a bit like Ryan Reynolds im being a good looking bastard who seems to be playing a version of himself, wonderfully sarcastic throughout. 

Ethan Suplee is an inspiration how he looks physically now from when he was in American History X or my name is Earl 

I enjoyed Bill Burrs cameo too
  • Game Night on BBC Iplayer made me laugh a lot.
  • The Adam Project - Thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel good factor, plenty of laughs and family friendly. What's not to like?

8/10
    Agree. Thought the kid was excellent.