Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• Fumbluff said:
    Top Gun was great fun, much needed these days….
    Agreed, especially the second half. Went to an very comfortable de lux screen showcase and had (their) popcorn and (our) ice cream and cider and had a great time!
  • Have just watched 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent' - Nicolas Cage's new offering.

Considering some of the stinkers he's recently been in, it's actually a relatively decent and funny film.
  • Fr Stu with Mark Wahlberg and Mel Gibson is a rattling good yarn. Actually a true story. Tragic, funny, wise and well shot. Well worth a go. 
  • Just seen the Top gun film, great flying shots but the rest was pretty predictable 6/10
  • edited June 2022
    Watched the new Jurassic World film today.

Still has nothing on the originals - Film and TV really does appear to be going down the nostalgia route at the moment, was great seeing the original cast back involved... Nice that they've not gone down the fake dinosaur / monster act with this film, compared with the other two sequels.
  • Carter said:
    Watched the new Jurassic World film today.

Still has nothing on the originals - Film and TV really does appear to be going down the nostalgia route at the moment, was great seeing the original cast back involved... Nice that they've not gone down the fake dinosaur / monster act with this film, compared with the other two sequels.
    They used real dinosaurs?!!?! 
    Yeah they hired some recent Charlton Managers... BOOM BOOM!!
  • Sponsored links:

• TEL said:
    Just seen the Top gun film, great flying shots but the rest was pretty predictable 6/10
    Completely predictable storyline.
  • Watched the new Jurassic World film today.

Yeah it wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. The dinosaur scenes were good but way too many boring human characters honestly.
  • When does the erotic adventures of buzz lightyear get released?
  • Liked Hustle, the new Adam Sandler film. He’s great in these more serious roles. 
    This weekend, in cinemas to infinity and beyond
    Much more importantly why have they used a different dude for Buzz’s voice?
  • Fumbluff said:
    When does the erotic adventures of buzz lightyear get released?
    Tim Allen is a Republican so I'm guessing Disney severed all ties. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    When does the erotic adventures of buzz lightyear get released?

Apparently its becasue this isnt a "Toy Story" film as such. This is about the character, Buzz Lightyear, that the toy (Tim Allen) is made of. 

Buzz Lightyear toy - Tim Allen 
    Buzz lightyear (in uninverse cartoon character) - Chris Evans 

Plus Chris Evans probably still has a few years left to serve in Disney contract prison 
  • Anyone seen The Quiet Girl? Amazing film. Beautiful. Poignant. Other views?
  • Sponsored links:

• P.S. Top Gun Maverick is fucking great. Shows that nostalgia trips can be fun if handled correctly. It's just very rare for that to happen. Fortunately TGM has more in common with Trainspotting 2 than The Force Awakens. 
  • Anyone seen The Quiet Girl? Amazing film. Beautiful. Poignant. Other views?
    Very good - especially as it was a first film from this director. Understated, unsettling and moving, with an excellent performance from the young lead.

There's a quite interesting interview with the director on The Garden Cinema website - https://thegardencinemafilmtalk.podbean.com/e/film-talk-with-colm-bairead/
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Jurassic World Dominion is fucking awful. I nearly walked out several times out of sheer boredom, and honestly I don't know why I didn't. I wish I had. 

It is the pinnacle of cynical Hollywood filmmaking. It's a nonsense script with bugger all to say. A slapdash plot. No subtext or character development. It has nothing to offer. No sense of tone. There's no dread. No peril. There is barely any reason for the plot to happen. It's fucking awful. The exposition sequences are cringe-inducingly bad. The action sequences are dull (they don't have the balls to kill anyone off, so every single time a character is in danger they manage to outrun a keystone cops dinosaur. Every. Single. Time). Also the effects are ropey as fuck at times. 

It's just yet another nostalgia trip where plot beats and actors from a movie made 30 years ago are dredged up so you can say "oh hey that's from that other movie!". The Force Awakens has a LOT to answer for in regards to what it has done to Hollywood. 

It's fucking awful and I hope it flops and they never touch the franchise again. Fuck it made me angry. Fucking awful. Fuck off. 
    I love your angry reviews haha
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Jurassic World Dominion is fucking awful. I nearly walked out several times out of sheer boredom, and honestly I don't know why I didn't. I wish I had. 

It is the pinnacle of cynical Hollywood filmmaking. It's a nonsense script with bugger all to say. A slapdash plot. No subtext or character development. It has nothing to offer. No sense of tone. There's no dread. No peril. There is barely any reason for the plot to happen. It's fucking awful. The exposition sequences are cringe-inducingly bad. The action sequences are dull (they don't have the balls to kill anyone off, so every single time a character is in danger they manage to outrun a keystone cops dinosaur. Every. Single. Time). Also the effects are ropey as fuck at times. 

It's just yet another nostalgia trip where plot beats and actors from a movie made 30 years ago are dredged up so you can say "oh hey that's from that other movie!". The Force Awakens has a LOT to answer for in regards to what it has done to Hollywood. 

It's fucking awful and I hope it flops and they never touch the franchise again. Fuck it made me angry. Fucking awful. Fuck off. 
    I had been actually looking forward to this one until I read a lot of negative reviews on Chinese social media and gave up. Seems I made the right decision!

Top Gun Maverick unfortunately won't be released here for *cough* reasons. What a shame! :/ 
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Not a fan then? 
  • JiMMy 85 said:

One thing the film did confirm after thinking she was having an off day in Altered Carbon is that Dichen Lachman is a horrendously bad actress.
  • Anyone else seen Everything Everywhere All at Once? I thought it was a great trip, was confused at the start but once the story gets going it’s a rollercoaster with good humour and some fantastic action sequences. Surprisingly touching for such a silly film as well. Really enjoyed it. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe the main reference to the original is that it's one big pile of shit?
  • Anyone else seen Everything Everywhere All at Once? I thought it was a great trip, was confused at the start but once the story gets going it’s a rollercoaster with good humour and some fantastic action sequences. Surprisingly touching for such a silly film as well. Really enjoyed it. 
    Yeah, it's very fun with a lot of stuff you haven't seen before, but a bit long for my taste. I think it would have been my fav of the year so far if it was a tight 90.
  • ELVIS

Enjoyable watch but felt it lacked a bit of depth. Wasn't convinced by Tom Hanks.
    7/10