Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest Films

Comments

• PopIcon said:
    John Wick 4 is TOO long, glad he died at the end.
    Or did he?

John Wick 5 lined up so I hear, John Wick - Resurrection 🙄
  • Watched Land on Netflix last night.

Really good film 👍🏼
  • edited April 2023
    Just watched Tetris which has been released today by AppleTV

Taron Egerton really is just meant to play in biographic films isnt he!!

(Eddie the Eagle | Elton John | Jimmy Keene | Henk Rogers)

Great fun to watch, is all about the rights to Tetris what with it being made in the Soviet Union - You'll watch it thinking that it couldnt be real, and its typically been made into a load of fiction for Hollywood... Well I think part of it is, especially the bits surrounding the KGB, but the parts involving Nintento | Maxwell etc. all appear to be true.

I watched this on YouTube prior to seeing the film, accidentally, which is the real story behind the Tetris Rights... Give it a viewing once you've seen the film

Well worth a watch... 7/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fQtxKmgJC8
    Just watched this film and would give it a 7/10, too. It's an interesting story and indeed worth a watch. I'm a fan of the Pet Shop Boys so was glad to hear 'Opportunities... Let's Make Lots of Money' at the end of the film, quite fitting.
  • I've been playing Tetris all my life so I was really looking forward to finding out how it all came about. And while I find some of the events quite unlikely (the Nintendo executives in particular being in the thick of things) I really enjoyed it. The editing is remarkably slick, Egerton is engaging, and the presentation of the 80s as brown and beige - as it was - rather than neon and colourful as Stranger Things would have the world believe, made a nice change. 

I thought the Maxwell stuff was a bit too slapstick, but making him look like a twat is always welcome I suppose. 

• Two films today. Rye Lane, definitely worth your time, cleverly written rom com, and Harold Lloyd's Safety Last, 100 years old and still fab. 
  • Two films today. Rye Lane, definitely worth your time, cleverly written rom com, and Harold Lloyd's Safety Last, 100 years old and still fab. 
    I like that double bill! Would def agree on Rye Lane, a great film to see at the cinema, doubly good if you can see it in South London. 
  • Enjoyed Dungeons & Dragons with the whole family last night. One scene in particular tickled me and thought it brought lots of interesting elements (dragons, beasts, sorcery, valour etc.,) together well. Chris Pine appears to be ageing very quickly. Was really surprised to see this, as he is only 42. They will have to use cgi to de-age him if he is ever to return as Kirk, unless there is a time jump in the series (possible).
  • My daughter and I are massive Super Mario Bros geeks so we went to see the latest film today. All in all it was really good fun. Not a huge amount of laughs but it ticked all the boxes in terms of nods to the games, apart from no Yoshi (sad face). If you’re not a fan of the franchise then you’d probably find it a pretty average kids film.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Super Mario Bros movie.

A colourful, gentle tale, of 2 brothers, Mario and Luigi with the complexities faced of earning a shilling in the modern day world, in the plumbing industry.

Could even make a video game out of it.
  • My daughter and I are massive Super Mario Bros geeks so we went to see the latest film today. All in all it was really good fun. Not a huge amount of laughs but it ticked all the boxes in terms of nods to the games, apart from no Yoshi (sad face). If you’re not a fan of the franchise then you’d probably find it a pretty average kids film.  

Apparently there is a Marvel style end credits scene where he appears/will appear in the inevitable sequel...

• 65 - I mean it’s not bad but it’s not good either. I’d call it messy, especially the start that feels so rushed you don’t get a chance to become attached to any character or story line. 
  • edited April 2023
    I like that double bill! Would def agree on Rye Lane, a great film to see at the cinema, doubly good if you can see it in South London. 
    I watched here in Peckham, they even filmed a scene in the cinema I was watching it in which was cool/weird!
  • se9addick said:
    Two films today. Rye Lane, definitely worth your time, cleverly written rom com, and Harold Lloyd's Safety Last, 100 years old and still fab. 
    I watched here in Peckham, they even filmed a scene in the cinema I was watching it in which was cool/weird!
    Same, had a good crowd in too. I'm completing the on-screen-cinema double tonight by seeing it in Brixton. 
  • We Have a Ghost - Family friendly movie. Light hearted and easy to watch. One to watch with the kids.
    I watched this tonight.
    Really loved it.
    Definitely the sort of family film I wish they made more of.
    I especially loved the car chase 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • edited April 2023
    Air was good, you know how the plot plays out of course, but an interesting tale nonetheless 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Saw Empire of Light today. Can highly recommend it. Great cast, well directed, excellent script. Quite moving. 9/10
    Watched this tonight.
    What a beautifully made film.
    Agree entirely with you.
    I miss old cinemas ♥️
  • Murder Mystery 2 - Netflix
    6.5/10
    Typical light hearted Adam Sandlier / Jennifer Aniston, some funny bits but ultimately predictable given the storyline. Still worth a watch but nothing special

Me Before You - Sky Store
    7.5/10
    Its a romance/ soppy one, but i really enjoyed it. About someone who becomes a carer for someone who is paralysed from waist down, although still very clever but ultimately miserable. Heart warming stuff really and recommend for those who like a love story (myself)
  • edited April 2023
    Finally watched "A Man Called Otto" - great film, not normally my type of film but Tom Hanks was brilliant.  Also watched the horror "Smile" - think it is the best horror I have seen for ages. 

And to those that like scary films , 2 films,well worth a look I think, that I hadn't heard of before I watched them recently, are "Vivarium" and "In The Tall Grass". 
  • Watched 'Rim of the world' on Netflix with the kids last night.
    Thought it was great fun. Tipped it's hat to a few nostalgic 80s/90s sci fi movies along the way.
  • Asteroid City film coming out in June, looks really good. Not a huge sci fi fan but trying to give it more of a try.

Tommorow mind I'm going to see a film that came out 100 yrs ago at the BFI, silent film called The Man Without Desire (1923)
  • edited April 2023
    Watched Nobody last night.

Now I saw the Late Late Show on Friday & this American actor comes on & says he’s been In Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul (both of which I’ve never watched) & that he’s in a new movie. They didn’t really go into it much & I didn’t think much about him because he’s a pretty ordinary looking for an actor.

Turn on Netflix & this movie is recommended.

Holy batshit. I was not expecting any of that! And as a result I bloody loved it.
    I would suggest that if you were a retired, in anyway connected person in any force, that you would definitely relate to this (maybe not so extreme).

It’s ridiculous and completely excellent in equal measure. It’s a bit gruesome, so if you don’t like that, don’t go there.

But if you do, enjoy the ride! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Watched Nobody last night.

Now I saw the Late Late Show on Friday & this American actor comes on & says he’s been In Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul (both of which I’ve never watched) & that he’s in a new movie. They didn’t really go into it much & I did think much about him because he’s a pretty ordinary looking for an actor.

Turn on Netflix & this moving is recommended.

Holy batshit. I was not expecting any of that! And as a result I bloody loved it.
    I would suggest if you were a retired, in anyway connected person in any force, that you would definitely relate to this (maybe not so extreme).

It’s ridiculous and completely excellent in equal measure. It’s a bit gruesome, so if you don’t like that, don’t go there.

I loved Nobody, great fun from the opening to the ending 
  • Watched Nobody on Friday evening & agree with the sentiments posted.

Another pretty violent film we found, but British this time is "Wasteland" (2013)  Not to be confused with "The Wasteland " - post acopalypse  offering.

Not overly impressed at first but drew me in as it progressed.

Worth a look.
  • Carter said:
    Watched Nobody last night.

Now I saw the Late Late Show on Friday & this American actor comes on & says he’s been In Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul (both of which I’ve never watched) & that he’s in a new movie. They didn’t really go into it much & I did think much about him because he’s a pretty ordinary looking for an actor.

Turn on Netflix & this moving is recommended.

I would suggest if you were a retired, in anyway connected person in any force, that you would definitely relate to this (maybe not so extreme).

I loved Nobody, great fun from the opening to the ending 
    Better Brawl Saul! 
  • edited April 2023
    Watched Licorice Pizza on Amazon Prime this weekend, the Paul Thomas Anderson film. Didn't realise until the end that the female lead is Alana Haim, from the band HAIM (with her family played by her real family), she is fantastic! Her co-star is also Phillip Seymour-Hoffman's son. It's a lovely film about growing up and falling in love in 70's Los Angeles with a few big laughs.