Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rock and Chips - Only Fools and Horses prequel tonight

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]The Spanners just got a mention...
    They just got the piss taken out of them...
  • Options
    The wife has this on.

Oh dear.......
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So in the 1960's, a Millwall fan was a loser whos mrs didn't want to know and had a thing for a Charlton fan...

not much has changed eh lads?!
  • Options
    I thought that was pretty good:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]So in the 1960's, a Millwall fan was a loser whos mrs didn't want to know and had a thing for a Charlton fan...

not much has changed eh lads?!

And the one with the brain was?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Some good lines in this, although i could not stop thinking about The fact of Nicholas Lyndsey making out with his characters mother! talk about keep it in the family.......

Some good characterisation, loved Phil Daniels, and the young del Boy, and some good moments, and thought it was a good stab at at Iconic series, so that aside in it's own right it worked, and enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Del was played by James Buckley who is Jay out of the inbetweeners. It was alright but not brilliant!
  • Options
    was okay, didn't laugh much though, not as good as Lark Rise before it.
  • Options
    Pretty good. Maybe Grandpa could have been more gormless but Trig was great!.
  • Options
    Minge and Cock in the waiting room, raised a laugh ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was going to watch this but there was a tribute to Harold Pinter on BBC4 at the same time and I watched that instead.

I actually forgot the Delboy programme was tonight.
  • Options
    quote# 21
    [quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I'll be checking this out on iPlayer, the Milan derby's on ESPN tonight :)[/quote]

It'll be nil nil, check out young Del!!

People who can't decipher that this is not Fools and Horses is well, a fool!! Why can't people just enjoy what could be a good insight into Sullivans take on Del when he was a young lad.

Some people honestly need to lighten up!!

Could not agree more
  • Options
    loved it. It wasn't an episode me only fools and horses, I thought it was very well done.
  • Options
    Not disappointed best thing on tv so far this year.Storyline can still carry on as Rodneys mother dies when he is six years old.Hope another 90mins of this is being written,Even brought Clayton into the story,if you remember the blow-up dolls from O F AND H he was the man standing outside the flats when Del and Rodney had taken the dolls outside wearing the mothers clothing.
  • Options
    Enjoyed it:
    Thought it was well written & acted, bought all the characters into it, with acouple of others whom I've never heard of, which was right as rarely would you have a group of kids all growing up and staying together for 40 odd years.
    Also saw how they got the flat, a "Jolly Boys" outing and that Bastard Slater !
    Very good.
  • Options
    Obviously Minge and Cock in the waiting room was pure comedy genius, along with the pervy cinema manager. Would you trust Del Boy Trotter with fitting a new lock? Would you heck lol. Thoroughly enjoyed it tonight. It wasnt OF&H as we know and love but it was good in its own entity. It was sort of nice to see how Del's adolescent years affected him in his later life...you can see where he started to pick up his multi-lingual skills.
  • Options
    They wheeled out the big screen in the Pelton Arms (aka Nag's Head) for this tonight... except the guv'nor didn't connect the TV up to the speakers so nobody could hear it!

Looked alright, though. Will have to give it a whirl on the iPlayer later in the week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]They wheeled out the big screen in the Pelton Arms (aka Nag's Head) for this tonight... except the guv'nor didn't connect the TV up to the speakers so nobody could hear it!

Looked alright, though. Will have to give ita whirl on the iPlayerlater in the week.

Sure he didn't buy the speakers off Del Boy?
  • Options
    I thought it was brilliant, really well written and directed. The actors didn't try to ham it up as younger carbon copies of the characters we love, but succeeded in bringing the essence of those characters to life beautifully. Robert Daws was blinding as the cinema manager. The intertwining of the stories we know and their back story (such as Rodney getting his "arty" side from his real Dad) was seamless, and I bet on a second viewing you would notice a lot more subtle references to things yet to come.

They even went to the trouble of making sure the records being played matched the original lables.

Glad it lived down to all your expectations Clem, you hadn't made your mind up about it before you saw it at all had you...
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, some of the subtle bits we're brilliant. Loved the Savaloy being chucked out of the bus and the reference to Bus W*nkers (Hope somebody else got that as well!). Hope they make a few more, NOT a series though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with Algarve. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and only watched cos me misses nagged me to.
  • Options
    Yes, I enjoyed it....you could pick the odd hole in it here and there but that would have been super picky.
    Thought they could have chosen an actor who looked and sounded a little more like Del Boy.
  • Options
    How did Del Boy look at sound at 17/18 then?!

I thought we just found out last night...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]How did Del Boy look at sound at 17/18 then?!

I thought we just found out last night...

Think he needed to be a just tad more flashy/cocky and Jack the lad.
  • Options
    It wasn't really about delboy and I applaud that for not taking the obvious angle.

Thought it was great, really enjoyed it. Anyone wanting to see OFAH 40 years earlier would have been disappointed, but it was a great drama \ play with good subtle references and a storyline you could relate to.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it. Knew it wasn't going to be O F & H but nothing will be, it was cleverly done and well acted. Would like to see more.
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty good. Quite enjoyed Freddie the frogs little wind up jokes. Better than poxy Dancing on Ice.

My mate Calum played Roy Slater, which was also good to see!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It wasn't really about delboy and I applaud that for not taking the obvious angle.

Thought it was great, really enjoyed it. Anyone wanting to see OFAH 40 years earlier would have been disappointed, but it was a great drama \ play with good subtle references and a storyline you could relate to.

Yeah....know what you mean but I just thought he needed to be very very slightly more like Del Boy thus giving the progression more credibility, as it was they were 'nothing' alike, either in looks or character.
  • Options
    He did do the Del Boy head bob when he had a row with his old man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]They wheeled out the big screen in the Pelton Arms (aka Nag's Head) for this tonight... except the guv'nor didn't connect the TV up to the speakers so nobody could hear it!

Looked alright, though. Will have to give ita whirl on the iPlayerlater in the week.

how much did u get paid for the cinema attendent role inspector ?