Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rock and Chips - Only Fools and Horses prequel tonight

124»

Comments

• 23, so a bit younger :o)
  • I'm not 100% sure, but was the school used in last nights programme Fossdene in Victoria way. My children went there, and I went football training there before the war. ; (
  • anyway malory gone now some academy .
  • I lived in Torridon Road until I was 14 and then onto Bromley. Went to Torridon school and then Malory.

In my time at Torridon the headteacher actually banned competive football. The most we were allowed to do was play Chess!!! I do remember the freezing outside toilets too!
  • I thought the entire show pretty poor, if this had been the original then OFAH would never have been born...

Lucky it didn't have a live audience because it would have really struggled to get even a titter...

The only thing worth taking about was the nostalgia value of the locations, props and costumes...

The worst performance of the lot was Lyndhurst's portrayal of his 'father', Lyndhurst played the part of Rodney the Plonker to perfection, it's the only role he'll ever be remembered for, for him to turn up and attempt to play some wide boy cockney villian was a bit of a joke to be honest...

Almost every scene had a 'Ah, I remember this bit from the original series' in it, as if we needed to have our memories jogged for some reason...

The BBC must be pretty desparate to turn out this sort of garbage ...

More 'plume de ma tante' than 'luvvly jubbly'...
  • You do realise it was not meant to be anything like OFAH don't you?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You do realise it was not meant to be anything like OFAH don't you?
    Exactly my point...

Nothing could ever be anything like OFAH so why bother producing something off the back of probably the funniest ever comedy series in such a poor fashion...

Practically everything in the show had already been covered in the series, why bother going over it again...?

Instantly forgettable...
  • most people seemed to like it.
  • Watching it now, not in same league as OFAH (but nor is anything else). Well written nonetheless, some good references and think James Buckley is perfect for the role. Would be interesting to see if there are any more or a regular series.
  • my missus went to torrindon,then malory she lived off of verdant lane in furthergreen rd
  • Sponsored links:

• With RedZed.....thought it was distinctly average.
  • got decent ratings
  • Well I enjoyed it so ..................ner ner de ner ner!!
  • speaking at work about this most seemed to think is wasnt that good. There was confusion or whether it was supposed to be funny or not, which if it was written as a comedy is a pretty bad query !
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]speaking at work about this most seemed to think is wasnt that good. There was confusion or whether it was supposed to be funny or not, which if it was written as a comedy is a pretty bad query !

The actors all spoke out in interviews in the week before it was shown.....it was not supposed to be a comedy.

If it was......