Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rock and Chips - Only Fools and Horses prequel tonight

Comments

• Options
    Just spoke to my Mum about it .... she said this was PECKHAM IN THE 40'S NOT THE 60'S ... DID MAKE ME LAUGH
  • Options
    I thought it was really good and made up for all of the poor Christmas specials that they made after the last episode ever. I like the way it was a drama with a couple of one liners thrown in, hopefully they'll make another two or so focusing on different times of their life's, e.g. Dell Boy going out to try and pick up a girl but then the death of his mother puts a stop to that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Just spoke to my Mum about it .... she said this was PECKHAM IN THE 40'S NOT THE 60'S ... DID MAKE ME LAUGH
    Slightly off topic but I'm pretty sure the people who made Only Fools just picked a random inner-city suburb with tower blocks without having visiting the place. Peckham is nothing like the way it's portrayed on the show and I doubt that any of it was filmed there. At least last nights show was kind of similar!
  • Options
    Pretty sure the originals were filmed in Bristol.
  • Options
    The original only fools and nelson mandela house was behind aston gate in bristol..

What was with the smoking?
  • Options
    I'd put the date at 59/60....possibly 61.
  • Options
    those prefabs looked like they our the ones in north downham. good show ,the div was millwall and the clever safe blower was charlton,nice one
  • Options
    it looked like the catford prefab houses in that early scene. round the corner from my nans. was trying to work out what the underground station was meant to be though.

also in the back of one scene there was a modern zebra crossing flashing lollypop which I'm sure they didn't have then. but thats just me being picky!
  • Options
    yes suzi it was that is called north downham though not the downham estate,i lived round there for a year when i was a baby.
  • Options
    The waiting room with the guy shouting out 'Minge, I'm looking for minge' had me in hysterics.

I thought there was going to be a couple of these. The sky plus let me series link it so I sort of assumed.

I thought it was alright, trigger was funny
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought trigger was crap personally
  • Options
    north downham? really? never heard of that before. my dad is from hither green/catford/downham
    my nan and gdad live on longhill road, catford but to get back to verdant lane to get back to st mildreds road i go through the prefabs and come out by torriden school.
  • Options
    I missed the start and will try and watch it before the game. I'm pretty sure the pre fab houses are just an urban myth, someone told me that some of them are on stilts!
  • Options
    theres downham estate and the estate there is usually called north downham,longhill thats the road near foster park ? strange little place those prefabs quite quaint,coming down soon.
  • Options
    downham is a urban myth fod
  • Options
    I know the estate well but never ventured to north downham. Bellingham is a bit iffy as well!
  • Options
    downhams whipping boys when i was kid
  • Options
    longhill runs from hazelbank road to whitefoot lane near the park apparently but never been that way. they live the hazelbank road end. the prefabs i'm talking about are on wentland road
  • Options
    yep there the ones ,there all coming down for new build,shame really but they have no central heating i have been told
  • Options
    I didnt really like the trigger jokes, thought they were far too obvious and could see the punchline a mile off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Downham Estate apparently, 124 bus route. I always thought they were initially put up for a few years then just stayed and it says here they were designed for a 10 year lifespan in 1948!

Prefabs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I didnt really like the trigger jokes, thought they were far too obvious and could see the punchline a mile off.
    Is that not the point of Trigger?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]north downham? really? never heard of that before. my dad is from hither green/catford/downham
    my nan and gdad live on longhill road, catford but to get back to verdant lane to get back to st mildreds road i go through the prefabs and come out by torriden school.

Which is where I went to school (Torridon Primary)....and what a great school it was too.
    The prefabs were also known as Battersby Road prefabs I believe.
    I lived in Broadfield Road but the Brownhill Road end.Would cut through the prefabs on my way to Forster Park where we played footy as kids from about age 8 to 15 or so.
    Got a good pal who lives in Longhill....known him for over 55 years Andy's his name, runs a lot of marathons etc....supports Charlton though he doesn't go much nowadays.
  • Options
    my school took some horrendous losing scorelines when we played the green hoops of torridon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]my school took some horrendous losing scorelines when we played the green hoops of torridon

Fabulous at sport Nolly....we had dedicated sports teachers even at such a young age.
    When I went there every kid in the top stream passed the 11 plus for 3 years running....BBC TV cameras came and filmed the school because it was considered the best state primary in London.
    I understand that even to this day it's highly regarded.
    Where did I go wrong??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I didnt really like the trigger jokes, thought they were far too obvious and could see the punchline a mile off.
    Is that not the point of Trigger?

Triggers comedy is simple in style but still pretty clever (the broom having a number of heads and handles for example), thats why they work. Last night, the joke about him watching a black screen on the tv and laughing, without it actaully being on is not funny and too obvious.
  • Options
    my sister was teacher there about seven years ago,strange because sandhurst seemed to always be crap at football up into my brothers day fifteen years ago, i went good shepherd in downham,my brothers team won the lewisham school cup for shepherd in the seventies,and hollins from chelsea presented it........actually will have to ask my dad but i think it was shared with you bastards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]my sister was teacher there about seven years ago,strange because sandhurst seemed to always be crap at football up into my brothers day fifteen years ago, i went good shepherd in downham,my brothers team won the lewisham school cup for shepherd in the seventies,and hollins from chelsea presented it........actually will have to ask my dad but i think it was shared with you bastards

Always hated Good Shepherd. But then I did go to Launcelot then Malory.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]my sister was teacher there about seven years ago,strange because sandhurst seemed to always be crap at football up into my brothers day fifteen years ago, i went good shepherd in downham,my brothers team won the lewisham school cup for shepherd in the seventies,and hollins from chelsea presented it........actually will have to ask my dad but i think it was shared with you bastards

Always hated Good Shepherd. But then I did go to Launcelot then Malory.
  • Options
    you were our rivals,how old are you?