Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official post Orient match views, opinions and analysis

Comments

• Options
    If you lot thought Sam was shit, I'd be interested to hear comments about the performances of Semedo, and particularly Shelvey and Bailey. I agree he's frustrating, but he contributed loads more than them.

Couldn't believe Burton was substituted. I thought he played really well given he was playing up front with someone he could never pass to because he was always offside.
  • Options
    Naive true but he has been making more of an impact than Sam as of late and has something to prove. Playin first team football more will help him mature as it's clear he has the talent.

I'd bring on Racon for Shelvey. More composed, looks for the simple ball more and won't drop 40yds for a pointless 5yrd pass.

I know we don't want big changes within the starting 11 but we've been poor lately and been getting lucky with results. Maybe that luck has run out and we need to mix it up so teams don't figure us out so easily.
  • Options
    Seem to remember another outbreak of wristslitting/depressive moaning after a certain other televised game not all that long ago? What happened the very next game? Yep a good team got an absolute tonking courtesy of the addicks. Tonight was pants, so move on people!
  • Options
    Llera was poor, as were the whole team, but he wasn't the worst player on the park tonight.

If you play Leyton Orient at home, create little and never look like scoring, then the defence isn't the problem.
    For crap performances, look at the entire midfield and forward line.
  • Options
    Also think we should move Bailey back out wide. He is our best centre midfielder, but he's so much better on the left than any of the other players and they're not much worse than him in the middle.

Did Orient have the best offside trap ever, or are all our strikers incapable of staying onside?
  • Options
    slip sliding away..........
  • Options
    Uncle - Sam put in more than one good cross, but we didn't get the headers right. In what way did he hide? He doesn't try and take control fair enough, but it's not really his job is it? He clearly was a threat whether or not he had a poor or average game. He was trying to and did create chances

Fact is he's by far our best option on the right, creates chances most games, has several assists and the opposition worry about him. Yet it seems if other players don't finish the crosses he
    puts in or score from the moves he's involved in it means he's had a poor game.

Not saying he was good but I can't see how it's fair that he's accused of hiding for most of the game and not being a threat.
  • Options
    ColinTat pretty much sums up my feelings.
    Sam looked a class apart from where I was sitting.
    Time to put it behind us and give Tranmere a doing.
  • Options
    EAST EAST EAST LONDON
    Charlton lose at home for the first time this season to the the mighty O's surprised with how bad you lot played but thought we were brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]If you lot thought Sam was shit, I'd be interested to hear comments about the performances of Semedo, and particularly Shelvey and Bailey. I agree he's frustrating, but he contributed loads more than them.

Couldn't believe Burton was substituted. I thought he played really well given he was playing up front with someone he could never pass to because he was always offside.

good
    Semedo going off was bizarre as he was the only player winning the ball. Once he went off we were overrun in midfield.
    Sam is so frustrating but still looks dangerous - if he had a brain he'd be dangerous
    Richardson looked very good

bad
    mooney, shelvey, bailey, elliot (less of the big punt sunshine)

shocking
    llera, dicko
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and the booing at the end was plain embarrassing. First defeat at home since March and we're three pts off top. Some of our 'fans' amaze me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]bailey was laying on the floor crying while they was scoring their goal, he then got up and run up to the ref to complain. Why didn't he just get up and f**king defend instead of playacting again

don't worry. i'm sure he'll show someone a bruise or scratch and all will be forgiven.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]and the booing at the end was plain embarrassing. First defeat at home since March and we're three pts off top. Some of our 'fans' amaze me.
    Agree but unfortunatly I think some 'fans' still want to be prove right when they said Parky isn't up to it last summer. Let's see if they turn it around on Saturday. We wanted a reaction against MK Dons a few months ago and that's exactly what we got. Time for them to do it again. Still would love us to get left winger and striker in just for a few more options though. Do that and keep the players we have and we have a good chance of getting promoted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]and the booing at the end was plain embarrassing. First defeat at home since March and we're three pts off top. Some of our 'fans' amaze me.
    Agree but unfortunatly I think some 'fans' still want to be prove right when they said Parky isn't up to it last summer. Let's see if they turn it around on Saturday. We wanted a reaction against MK Dons a few months ago and that's exactly what we got. Time for them to do it again. Still would love us to get left winger and striker in just for a few more options though. Do that and keep the players we have and we have a good chance of getting promoted.

we weren't exactly dominant against mkdons either - just everything we hit went in. Definitely a false scoreline IMO
  • Options
    Lol - only Charlton fans finds negatives in a 5-1 scoreline! ;-)
  • Options
    19 games to go.

3 points
  • Options
    Scoham if you would like to watch the game again and tell me what minutes all these great crosses came in i will watch it again and hold my hands up and admit i'm wrong... I have a feeling i wont be watching to much of it again though.
  • Options
    Worst performance for a while tonight we all know that, Llera very poor (not the only) although he kept showing rather than hiding and showed some fight, so for that good on him. The fans cheering Mooney's subsitution were a dsigrace, a week ago he was lauded by these very fans no doubt. We need to stick together not turn on our players,also the chants at Parkinson to 'sort it out' will not help and he should be left to do his job, he did ok last week with his decisions didn't he. We are doing great this season, so lets keep behind them and see where it takes us. C'mon you reds!
  • Options
    We were poor again, it has been coming, hopefully though this is the kick up the arse we needed to kick start things.

All night we played long ball which DOESN'T suit us, Sam/Shelvey/Mooney etc need it on the floor and when we do we play better, but no llera decided everytime to hoof it. Said in the first half I wanted to see Racon come on, because he actually keeps the ball on the floor.

Only McKenzie should have been brought on, Dickson looks like a non league player, and as we insisted on hoofing all the time, Burton could of at least one a few balls in the air.

Orient played well and they actually looked like they had ideas on how to pass it something we have been lacking recently.

Tranmere at home need a big response before our 3 tough away games, wouldn't be surprised if for them away games we went back to 4-5-1 which gave us 6 wins at the start of the season. Time for Racon to come in as well, we haven't dominated a game in a while, and given he keeps it on the floor and can add some class to our play is what we need right now. Also looking forward to seeing Sodje and Youga back, Sodje is better than Llera and Basey while has a few assists, Youga attacks alot more and wa sone of my POTS till he got injured.

3 points behind, long way to go, in a way I'm glad this result happened tonight instead of in 10 games time, alot of improvement needed but I think we can still do it.
  • Options
    can i just ask why does everyone think Llera was so bad? He cleared most of the crosses!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]can i just ask why does everyone think Llera was so bad? He cleared most of the crosses!
    Yeah, most of our crosses.
  • Options
    No great surprises really, we could see it coming. Too many players below par and too many headless chicken moments. Thought Burton looked awkward trying to jump so wondered if the hernia is taking its toll. Maybe not bad timing in the sense that it strengthens Parkys arguments that, at the very least, we need a striker. Stuart Pearce was in the directors box, tonight should have convinced him that there's no-one he wants to buy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]can i just ask why does everyone think Llera was so bad? He cleared most of the crosses!
    Yeah, most of our crosses.

Ha ha ... Dazzler its because he gave the ball away all the time. He can only hit a 60yard pass from left to right, if he tries to play it up the left he kicks it into the crowd. He has no ball control and no footballing brain, admittedly he has heart but you need a little something else. He also makes stupid rash challenges in and around the box the can be costly
  • Options
    Too many of them had off days together. Semedo seems to have lost the ability to win those second balls which he was doing so well earlier in the season and that in turn puts more pressure on the rest of the midfield and back 4.

Parky should tell them to play to feet. If we did that we would be more efffective as man for man we are more skilfull than most in this league.

The only positives I take from tonight are that none of the players hid and kept going despite making errors. It wasn't happening for Jonjo but he kept trying with passes the little dink over the top for Waggy which was slightly overhit for instance. Mooney will be disappointed not to score. He seemed to shin it slightly to me and it was on his left peg too.

At least the crowd stayed pretty supportive in the match itself. Just a few boos at the end.

Impressed with Richardson, especially first half. I think if Youga comes back we will have more of a threat on the left too.

19 games left so a lot of football still to be played but yes a disappointment tonight.
  • Options
    Agree with most of LenGlovers post .... I also think if burton had passed that ball right at the end of the first half instead of trying to do it all himself we would have gone in one nil up and it would have been a completely different game .. Then again if my aunt had b***ocks she'd be my uncle
  • Options
    Only positive I can take from today is Parky will give them the hairdryer treatment and they'll start performing like we did near the start of the season, teams are finding us out, we need to go at them.
  • Options
    Just got in & don't have time to trawl through the threads, but two things:

1. If Semedo wasn't injured, that was the worst substitution in the history of football.

2. We've been found out.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Just to add a bit of balance ('cos players are never as good or bad as we really think) it was Richardson who allowed McGleish to get on his blind side and it was Llera with one of his long up the left (please note Uncle) passes that set Burton up in the first half.

Sam does flatter to deceive but he is a "perceived", if not always effective, threat. Shlevey is not the solution on the left and is always going to look to play inside but did do better in his natural central role. Therein lies the problem, though, because when they are all on form it is difficult to pick two from Semedo, Bailey, Shelvey and Racon, a luxury we do not enjoy in too many other positions.

One solution could be to go back to a midfield five but, to do that, those central players must get beyond Burton and not leave him isolated. The passing game, so effective earlier in the season, might then return rather than tonight's tendency to go route one more often than not.
  • Options
    Don't think it helped that Shelvey was here there and everywhere for the first hour of the game - except wide on the left. Not sure if he was given a free role or not, but we just had no shape and as a result everybody was covering for everyone else. It was no surprise that their goal came from a cross from their right as Basey was always overrun and got little help. Their chance that hit the post also came from their right-side.

Once Wagstall come on and gave us a balanced 4-4-2 we looked more threatening, but by then the damage was already done and the nerves seemed to set in throughout the team. It was a game crying out for a half-time substitution in my opinion.
  • Options
    My appologies AA once in a season my god the man is a genius. I think you know as well as i do that he isn't comfortable hitting a ball up the line and 99% of his passes are long and left to right. But maybe you'll disagree and produce some wonderful stats to prove me wrong...(please note i'll be waiting to see them)