Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official post Orient match views, opinions and analysis

Comments

• Options
    Pretty shocking performance really.So many players went missing.
    And as for Llera.Christ! Pub teams across the land must be queing up to get him on their books.
  • Options
    Glad to read that it wasn't Basey's fault for once
    Thought he was on his tod on the Left for most of the game.
    As I've said on other threads, Bailey being "injured" but getting up to chase the Ref after the goal really p***ed me off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]My appologies AA once in a season my god the man is a genius. I think you know as well as i do that he isn't comfortable hitting a ball up the line and 99% of his passes are long and left to right. But maybe you'll disagree and produce some wonderful stats to prove me wrong...(please note i'll be waiting to see them)

I didn't say I disagreed with you just trying to provide some balance. As you've set me the task though I'm now off to trawl through the videos of this season's games..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]My appologies AA once in a season my god the man is a genius. I think you know as well as i do that he isn't comfortable hitting a ball up the line and 99% of his passes are long and left to right. But maybe you'll disagree and produce some wonderful stats to prove me wrong...(please note i'll be waiting to see them)

I didn't say I disagreed with you just trying to provide some balance. As you've set me the task though I'm now off to trawl through the videos of this season's games..........

Good luck get back to me before christmas though ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sam worked his socks off, thought McKenzie's starting to look the part...but overall it was 'orrible. Didnt even enjoy the obligatory BJ in the car on the way home!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Sam was 'orrible. Didnt even enjoy the obligatory BJ in the car on the way home!

What even he's bj's wasn't any good ?
  • Options
    simply we where shocking we lack imagination form all areas of the pitch ,sorry but Llera i say this every week has to go his distrubution is shite he thinks he is f-----g franco baresi ok he had a an ok 1st half but he dont stop miskicking the ball he had a shot at their goal towards the end and it ended up near the half way line maybe he should av tried shooting towards rob elliott he might of actually scored for us all in all very poor showing .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Just got in & don't have time to trawl through the threads, but two things:

1. If Semedo wasn't injured, that was the worst substitution in the history of football.

2. We've been found out.

Hope this helps.
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Just got in & don't have time to trawl through the threads, but two things:

1. If Semedo wasn't injured, that was the worst substitution in the history of football.

Maybe you missed the first half? Semedo was targeted by Orient and repeatedly caught in possession or forced into errors. Bailey had to concentrate on covering him, not competing in midfield which lead to long balls from the defence for our front two. Semedo lacks pace and he was lucky to come out again for the second-half so it was no surprise to me when he was first off. Personally, I would have taken Shelvey off to make way for Wagstaff but I could see Parky's thinking re Semedo.
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam was shite last night he gave us no option down the right hand side at all he got past the full back twice in 90 mins, So not only did we have no left hand outlett we had no right hand outlett

Nicky Bailey rolling around holding his face allowed us to be stretched at the back

Llera did well for 60 mins then had the worst 30 i have ever seen from a defender thank god Sam Sodje can play saturday

Elliot had no one to give the ball too

Upfront we were Shit total Shit

PP got found out his subs were wrong and he didnt change it early enough Wagstaff for Sam was the sensible and real decision to make, Mckenzie wide left for Shelvey, Dicko for either Mooney or Burton

Why play Waggy Left when he has to adjust and cut inside

If Lloyd Sam starts on Saturday i will be fuming he should piss this league but has done nothing and should be taught to hug the touchline and attack fullbacks not do pointless step overs that go no where
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Lloyd Sam was shite last night he gave us no option down the right hand side at all he got past the full back twice in 90 mins, So not only did we have no left hand outlett we had no right hand outlett

Nicky Bailey rolling around holding his face allowed us to be stretched at the back

Llera did well for 60 mins then had the worst 30 i have ever seen from a defender thank god Sam Sodje can play saturday

Elliot had no one to give the ball too

Upfront we were Shit total Shit

D dickson is shite mate still thinks he is playing sunday football he doesnt look across the line dopey git then again mooney did the same last nite.

PP got found out his subs were wrong and he didnt change it early enough Wagstaff for Sam was the sensible and real decision to make, Mckenzie wide left for Shelvey, Dicko for either Mooney or Burton

Why play Waggy Left when he has to adjust and cut inside

If Lloyd Sam starts on Saturday i will be fuming he should piss this league but has done nothing and should be taught to hug the touchline and attack fullbacks not do pointless step overs that go no where[/quote]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    not a great lover of 4-5-1 but maybe we need to go back to this to get some momentum going again we looked ok earlier in the season but at the moment the players seem to av lost their way.
  • Options
    We was shite - Simples
  • Options
    On reflection and after a good nights sleep and hearty breakfast..yes we did loose and well did not play well......the season can go down from here or could be the kick up the a*se we need

reading above there are some who think some fans are negative and some who think some fans are rose tinted glass wearers.......the fact is its up to the players
    and staff to start playing again........my worry is that this is the start of a slow long dip of form............reading old posts form last season some of the comments when we started to slip up where * dont worry have faith etc * * we will turn it around * well lets hope we do kick on from here and some of our players have a good look at themselves and the shirt they wear and start playing with the same pride and passion we would so dearly love to give if we had the honour to play for our club .
  • Options
    To add to the Sam debate. I thought he was the only player in a Charlton shirt who posed any kind of threat at all.
  • Options
    Ease off on Sam people! The simple fact of the matter is he had to hold it up for that long because he hads absolutely no one moving for him. Add to that the fact that a lack of left mid means a spare man to mark him. Shelvey was having a poor game on the left should have gone off for Wagstaff. Bailey stayed down too long and left us a man short which contributed to us losing. Mooney missed a sitter. Basey is not quick enough to be a full back and if he had connected with a lunge in the first half would have been lucky to stay on the pitch . Someone needs to take Dickson down the boozer get the salt and pepper pots out and teach him the offside rule.

Above all i think our one sided game has been found out as recent performances have shown.
  • Options
    Clem summed my thoughts up perfectly in post 13 so I won't bother repeating it.

Richardson the only one to come out of tonight with credit....the rest of em wouldn't get a mark above a 5 between them, absolute shite...I would single out Llera, Sam and Mooney especially.
  • Options
    Ive been a critic of Sam this season, but i thought last night he was our only real threat. Some decent deep crosses into the box in the second half. Unfortunately for him, because we have no left sided player, it all becomes to predictable and the opposition know he is our only outlet.

Llera is useless....absolutely woeful. Him and Dailly got so tight to the players they were marking, they were just getting rolled so easily. Please tell me that Sodje is back for saturday. Basey is far too slow. Their right winger Adams was a tricky little player and Basey couldnt compete with him. Everytime they came forward in the second half they looked like scoring. Richardson was decent going forwrd, although he's another who doesnt fill me with confidence when defending.

Bailey wasnt his usual self. He did get an arm in the face for their goal, but it wasnt exactly bad enough to stay down for. Jonjo didnt play well, when moved central second half he tried to force it too many times. Semedo did okay, broke up play...although gets caught on the ball sometimes.

Burton, thought it took him a while to get into the game but early second half i thought he was our best player. His link up play is superb at this level. Has so much intelligence and cannot understand why he was brought off. Mooney was crap....why is he trying to link play when we have Deon???? he's shite at it! seriously needs to get on the weights or at least have a few hot dinners. He should be playing on the shoulder of the last man, which he did for a short while but got caught offside 2 or 3 times and stopped. Why?? keep playing on the last mans shoulder, that one time he times the run he'll be in on goal, especially with such a high line as Orient had.
    The less said of Dickson the better. McKenzie didnt get into the game, neither did Wagstaff.

I think PP has to take some blame for last night. I never usually criticise him, but last night his substitutions were confusing. We were really pushing for an equaliser, with Burton linking up the play superbly....and he takes him off???.....Didnt look injured. Then the last 20/25 we hardly threatened their goal.

Sorry for the long post, but last night really frustrated me. Dont understand the booing at the end, just dont clap the players off if you didnt like it. Anyway, we really need a MK Dons type reaction on saturday.
  • Options
    The double substitution was a bold move - fair play to Parky for trying something different - but on reflection it cost us us our chance of getting back into the game.

I'm coming round to the view the Dickson doubters were right after all - he looked like a fish out of water last night - very non-league

Basey and Llera were hopelessley exposed again - when was the last time we kept a clean sheet. I think it will be a long while till the next one if those two stay in the team.

Parky needs to work out a formation for Saturday. Shelvey can't play on the left of a midfield four.

With Richardson back and Youga, maybe he should look a Chelsea style diamond. It lacks width but those two love to bomb forward.

Richardson was the one bright point for me last night. Second game back from injury and MOTM.
  • Options
    Our downfall was due mainly to our over-reliance on the long ball and the imbalance which sent most of our attacking play (when we did get the ball down) along the right flank where Sam was crowded out. Llera no worse than Dailly for me. Midfield stuttered because of lack of shape. I'm sure that now Racon would rather play left than warm the bench, but has Parky fallen out with him as he has with others? Otherwise, I'm sure McKenzie can fill the left midfield role. Time to start booing Bailey for his play-acting. Sort it out Parky, it's been an accident waiting to happen for a while.
  • Options
    In many ways it was a low point of the season managerially speaking. And I include the Northwich cuckoos in that.

1. Sticking with a winning team when you've plainly got away with it a couple of times, is silly. The often trotted out adage is that quality teams win when they're not playing well. The bit that they (sadly) miss out is that quality managers then tweak things so they don't continue to play badly. Parky appears to be of the mindset to wipe his brown say phew and not alter anything until the train hits the buffers. Jonjo on the left has been a mess several times this season and it was again. By the time he moved into the centre (as opposed to drifted out of position) he couldn't seem to get anything right.
    2. The formation was a mess. Taking Semedo off as an "attacking" move was silly because it left us exposed and ended up pulling more attacking players like Jonjo and Bailey back anyway, to fill a role that they're less able to perform in than Jose.
    3. Following on from the two points above, I imagine a number of angry people missed it but we played 4-5-1 for a fair bit of that match, with Mooney having to fill in on the left. I imagine a lot of the criticism levelled at him ignores this. This concerns me. Either Parky thinks it's appropriate to deploy a 451 at home against Orient, at nil nil, or the players drifted into it because of Jonjo's discomfort on the left. Either way, it's a horrorshow for the manager.
    4. Substitutions: LEON ON THE EFFING LEFT, WAGGY ON THE RIGHT - you did it last week man! Dicko, god knows. For all Mooney's been criticised Dicko's performance was horrible.
    5. A final point for those blowing sunshine up Richardson's arse: if you beat 4 men then run into trouble or kick it out of play, you might look fancy, but you're really doing nothing other than impress the easily impressed. Maybe if he hadn't been so busy pointlessly running into packs of Orient players, he'd have enough puff not to be at fault for the goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We was bad, we have been better and its all boring saying he done this bad and he done that bad. Collectively all 11 we're shit and we must do better. Over to you parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]

Our downfall was due mainly to our over-reliance on the long ball and the imbalance which sent most of our attacking play (when we did get the ball down) along the right flank where Sam was crowded out. Llera no worse than Dailly for me. Midfield stuttered because of lack of shape. I'm sure that now Racon would rather play left than warm the bench, but has Parky fallen out with him as he has with others? Otherwise, I'm sure McKenzie can fill the left midfield role. Time to start booing Bailey for his play-acting. Sort it out Parky, it's been an accident waiting to happen for a while.
    Sorry, you've clearly missed the memo. Llera has been designated fall guy status, which allows us to heap criticism on him as opposed to other players who might have performed equally badly, but that we like better. Similarly with Sam. The fact that he was doubled up on is neither here nor there. Next you'll be suggesting the rest of the team should have exploited the gaps that opened up, like a professional side, or somesuch other nonsense.
  • Options
    I was quite surprised that Parky started the game last night with the same 11 that started last week. We were poor in the 1st half vs hartlepool and it only really changed when he changed it about and we had Mckenzie playing wide left so why not set the team up the same way last night? We seriously lacked anyone playing wide left and has been stated on here,we were found out. Our only outlet was down the right,Sam didnt have a good game so it was left to Richardson to bomb up and down,that didnt work so we start hoofing it and that wasnt the best either!! Felt for Basey as it looked like he had a stinker last night but without a left winger in front of him,not for the 1st time lately,he is left marking 2 men. Too many players had a poor game. Lets hope that Leeds slip up with their 2 games in hand and Norwich have a major blip otherwise that defeat could be costly...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]In many ways it was a low point of the season managerially speaking. And I include the Northwich cuckoos in that.

1. Sticking with a winning team when you've plainly got away with it a couple of times, is silly. The often trotted out adage is that quality teams win when they're not playing well. The bit that they (sadly) miss out is that quality managers then tweak things so they don't continue to play badly. Parky appears to be of the mindset to wipe his brown say phew and not alter anything until the train hits the buffers. Jonjo on the left has been a mess several times this season and it was again. By the time he moved into the centre (as opposed to drifted out of position) he couldn't seem to get anything right.
    2. The formation was a mess. Taking Semedo off as an "attacking" move was silly because it left us exposed and ended up pulling more attacking players like Jonjo and Bailey back anyway, to fill a role that they're less able to perform in than Jose.
    3. Following on from the two points above, I imagine a number of angry people missed it but we played 4-5-1 for a fair bit of that match, with Mooney having to fill in on the left. I imagine a lot of the criticism levelled at him ignores this. This concerns me. Either Parky thinks it's appropriate to deploy a 451 at home against Orient, at nil nil, or the players drifted into it because of Jonjo's discomfort on the left. Either way, it's a horrorshow for the manager.
    4. Substitutions: LEON ON THE EFFING LEFT, WAGGY ON THE RIGHT - you did it last week man! Dicko, god knows. For all Mooney's been criticised Dicko's performance was horrible.
    5. A final point for those blowing sunshine up Richardson's arse: if you beat 4 men then run into trouble or kick it out of play, you might look fancy, but you're really doing nothing other than impress the easily impressed. Maybe if he hadn't been so busy pointlessly running into packs of Orient players, he'd have enough puff not to be at fault for the goal.

Saw we went 4-5-1 during the first-half. Mooney on the left was never going to work though. Switching from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 could work if it was Burton and McKenzie up front as the latter could easily slip out to the left. Presumably Parky made the change as Shelvey just couldn't get into the game on the left. Good to see him being pro-active but as with the double substitution it didn't work so he'll have to think of a Plan C as Plan B was a resounding failure.

As for Richardson, think you are being a bit harsh. Got forward and put some excellent balls into the box. Yes, he ran into trouble once or twice and may have been partly at fault for the goal (was down the other end from most of us so need to watch the highlights) but I guess you'd prefer a right-back like Crainie last season whose ASBO tag wouldn't allow him past the half-way line?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]When does a blip become we're not good enough?

I understand this is only our second loss but recently we've been lucky not to lose, not unlucky not to win and that's a big difference. I don't expect us to dominate or even play well every game, but i do expect us to look like we've got a chance and i haven't seen that for several weeks. The team just looks tired, slow and uninterested and as a result the passing, control and shooting has become poor again as it was the last few disastrous seasons.

I really have no idea what's gone wrong so quickly. Mentality of the players, management, or were the players playing above themselves at the start of the season (i don't believe that). Maybe we're just too one dimensional and have been found out and no-one knows how to change it. No players who can change games or get everyone going.

I hope this is just a blip and Parky and the players can change things round. But we just don't look strong enough, mentaly as well as physically to continually compete/win week in week out at the moment and that means in the long run no chance of promotion.

I truly hope i'm just being paranoid and am proved wrong.
    The above was from post-Carlisle and we did ok after that didnt we?
  • Options
    Nice one , WSS. Hard to feel positive after last night's debacle but as you point out, it's happened before this season and we can learn from it ( hopefully! )

Can't see too many 5 year season tickets being sold if we don't !
  • Options
    LLera did more good than bad last night, he does not deserve to be 'the scapegoat' for last night. He won most of his headers and at least tried to play the ball out a few times (and made an excellent run himself) instead of just hoofing it down the middle. For me, I am more concerned about Dailly, who seems far from the player he was at the start of the season and is not winning his headers/battles.

Lets be honest here, JJ's not a left winger, it left the whole team unbalanced and puts too much pressure on Basey (who panics and commits too easily and is often turned inside-out). When Youga is back perhaps Basey in front of Youga is worth a punt, after all his attacking crossing is good.

I am not solely blaming JJ either, he should not be played in that position. PP learned nothing from last week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]I guess you'd prefer a right-back like Crainie last season whose ASBO tag wouldn't allow him past the half-way line?
    Noooooo!
  • Options
    Llera had a nightmare, not quite to Colchester away levels but still. He's embarrassing to watch at times and gets targeted by any team that's done their homework. Sodje has to come back in on saturday.
    With every passing week it becomes more and more obvious that we need a left midfielder. We're not stretching teams enough at home. Maybe Waggy needs another chance on the left.
    Richardson is a good solid right back at this level, just like Luke Young was solid in the prem days. Nothing special, does a job. We're in league one, what do people expect? Maybe we can put a bid in for Dani Alves?!
    Basey did ok, put over some good corners in the 2nd half that NO ONE attacked. One landed right on the edge of the 6 yard box and their bloke just volleyed it away, it's criminal that not one player attacked it.
    Bailey is our best player but his antics are annoying, maybe he was caught maybe he wasn't, but he soon recovered quickly enough to have a go at the ref.

Tranmere have scored 6 goals away all season so no question they will come for a point. We need to go at them from the off, in recent weeks we haven't even begun to play until the opposition scored. Against Wycombe we were average then raised it when they equalised, same against Hartlepool, and last night it took Orient scoring to get us going. Not good enough, we should be taking the game to teams.
  • Options
    Been half expecting this for a while. Whilst I can't fault the away performances in general, all season at home we've been making very hard work of beating some very average sides all season. Not a disaster though, hopefully just a reminder about the dangers of complacency.

Left midfield is clearly a problem for us. Will be good to see Youga back, and I'd quite like to see Racon given another go there.
    Lloyd Sam - for the second week on the spin, everything we've created has seemed to come from him, and I'm therefore bewildered by the amount of people who seem desperate to single him out for abuse.
    Llera - turning into a real liability. Too many missplaced passes, too many desperate clearances.