Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official - Palace In Administration

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]

I don't remember 'laughter' as such. I do remember having to 'give' them John Humphrey and that really pissed me off. For a long while I hated them for that. However, we got back to The Valley in 1992 and by 2005 when we relegated them I felt no great joy about it. I won't say that I didn't find it funny but I didn't join in with the singing as I just found that stupid. I remember feeling uncomfortable about it. Now that we are 5 years further down the line I just find it all really childish.

True. The 2005 celebration was a bit pathetic and putting a picture of it on the next year's annual report was more so. I guess Jordan may lose a bundle by going into admin but it could still mean a fire sale of Palace rather than of their players. I reckon when the dust settles they might still be in a much better position than us. We shall see.
  • Options
    The BBC are reporting that Palace are £30m in debt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The BBC are reporting that Palace are £30m in debt.

Might as well be 300 millon they aint going to pay up
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We are in league one and not suffering. They are in the championship and they are lookIng pretty f*cked as it stands. Just goes to show how we are and always will be the biggest club in South London. I will laugh hard in the face of any filthy nigel scum when they go down! Absolute mugs Hahahahahaaha coonts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]We are in league one and not suffering.

Afraid you are so wrong on that one. We're clinging on in the hope of promotion this year - but we don't have two pennies to rub together. I'd be careful how much you rub this one in, as it may come back to haunt you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]We are in league one and not suffering.

I wish I could be that confident, we have enough money to see the season out and if we don't get promoted or get another investor in/sell out entirely you can expect to see Jonjo and Bailey go for starters along with players like the out of contract Sam who'll be offered a contract on or below his current terms and also much less than many other clubs will pay him. So he'll walk and for nothing.

This season is a big year for us, get it wrong and the shit hits the fan.
  • Options
    I feel a mixture of glee that SJ has got his comeupance but genuine sadness for my Palace mates who will be devestated.
    Anyway, the administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has stated that he has to do a balancing act so that he doesn't make it inevitable that Palace go down to Div 1, as this would make them worth a lot less than as a Championship club.
    Moses will probably be off to Man City for 2 million. A rich Championship club like QPR might come in for Ambrose but it is hard to see other clubs in the Championship buying players at the moment. Everyone's skint!
    My guess is that loads of clubs are close to admin. Cardiff anyone? Norwich and ourselves aren't far away and Millwall will sink faster than a stone if their rich American dude walks out on them.
  • Options
    Agent Ambrose mission complete. Well done u brought Palace down from the inside ;-)
  • Options
    Nomatter how much we laugh at Palace or wring our hands and say "there but for the grace of god" blah blah it won`t make a ha`peth of difference regarding what happens or doesn`t happen to Charlton.

I am therefore pissing myself.
  • Options
    this just feels me with even more fear for my club each and everyone of you gloating , who has a real love for the club should feel the same as me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]this just feels me with even more fear for my club each and everyone of you gloating , who has a real love for the club should feel the same as me.
    I agree. But you're not proper Charlton. You don't even go home games anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]this just feels me with even more fear for my club each and everyone of you gloating , who has a real love for the club should feel the same as me.
    Well said skip
  • Options
    I'm not going to feel sorry for them, but it's hardly something to gloat about.
  • Options
    Yes, I remember our court hearings back in the day and life, in football terms, was seriously unpleasant. I never want to experience that again, and I wouldn't wish it on any other true football supporter.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    Agree with AFKA - we should be taking the moral high ground and feel sorry for the true football fans who support Palace through thick and thin and, of course, their staff, some of whom are bound to be laid off.

ditto

Jordan however ................................ aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggg LOL !

I M B E C I L E !!!
  • Options
    The years of being treated like shit over there ?

tangomans bollox week in week out

Dowie

Sydenham

Sorry about the people who may loose there jobs. An yes might happen to us but ------------------------------- read above---- remember and -----yep its defo gloating from me.
  • Options
    LETS ALL LAUGH AT PALACE, LETS ALL LAUGH AT PALACE, HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HA!!!!!!

MAKES MY BLOODY YEAR.....GLOAT??.......HELL YEAH!!
  • Options
    jordan2.jpg
    Looks like it's curtains...
  • Options
    I dislike Jordan so if he has lost a load of money that is OK with me; Palace won't go out of business I would have thought and I don't want them to. I doubt it will teach any of their fans humilaty.
  • Options
    Beef ones judging by that picture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jordan0219.jpg
  • Options
    Trouble is, Palace are like our cousins, similar middle size 'local' club, similar catchment etc. Potential investers may well look at Palace and see the trouble they are in and then shy away from buying us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Trouble is, Palace are like our cousins, similar middle size 'local' club, similar catchment etc. Potential investers may well look at Palace and see the trouble they are in and then shy away from buying us.
    Or see how much smarter we've been by retaining ownership of our ground.
  • Options
    What about the money they owe us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]What about the money they owe us
    It should be paid (at least in part) by the administrators, as it's a football debt.
  • Options
    To Son of Selhurst & Budgie, feel for you guys, how a play off campaign can be turned into a relegation dogfight the same day just adds salt into the wound. You are not the first & will certainly not be the last this happens to fellas.
  • Options
    Screw the moral high ground. He gets everything coming to him and rotten mob.

I couldnt give a flying toss about Palace fans. You dish it out, you get it back. Its football not croquet ffs.
  • Options
    I said this in the days after we finally left that god forsaken dump having been subjected to years of apathy, ignorance, scorn, disdain and dogs abuse from those that some now wish to offer condolences to;

"As football supporters who follow the team through thick and thin, I wish you everything you want and more. As palace supporters, I wish your club nothing but hardship, misery and ultimate decline into oblivion".

When your club fails and teeters on the brink of extinction as a result of the failings of it's own owners, then the rest of the footballing world should rightly empathise with your plight and wish you well.

When your club plays a part in trying to force another club into the same fate and you revel in it's happening while blindly claiming to be it's saviour, then you deserve nothing but contempt. No matter how much I pity those whose livelihoods will suffer as a result, I cannot forget that when the situations were reversed no-one I met from your club either during our exile or since, has showed the same care for our own who suffered in the same way.

For me there is no holding back due to the fear that there but for the grace of .... go we, because we have already been denied that grace on more than one occasion and in the process were ridiculed and derided by those that now find themselves in the same boat.

For me this is much more than just rivalry, more than just taunting over relegations, it is close to judgement day, it may not be final, but it may be the closest I ever get to seeing it.
  • Options
    Incidentally... did anyone know there is a budget brand of Vodka called Crystal Palace (may well be US sale only)

Facebook group dedicated to it made me chuckle: LINK

I'm soo broke all I can afford is Crystal Palace
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We all have our own take on all of this.

Yes there is bitterness over what happened to us at Selhurst. For some like KB, that feeling will never go away. I don't carry that with me.

I remember how I felt in 1984 on the days running up to the dash from the High Court with five minutes to spare. I remember that day at work where I couldn't concentrate, didn't get anything done. I can still feel the sinking feeling gnawing away at my insides wondering if my beloved club was to expire.

For us back then, we didn't have the latter day examples of AFC Wimbledon, or Aldershot, or even Accrington Stanley to hold in our thoughts. We didn't have internet sites and message boards for solidarity with our fellow fans. For us, (me), we paced around the office, we didn't much feel like lunch, our coffee went cold as we waited until we heard the news, possibly in the Standard on the way home? (No too early). Wait till we got home and pick up the news? (No 24 hour rolling sports news service with ticker flashing along). Text from mates on your mobile or email to your blackberry? (No, the only portable communication devices in those days were on Star Trek). So we waited at home hardly bearing to watch the 9.00clock news and there it was; safe, saved, fantastic, relief, tears!

Then the days after when the detail came out. No ground purchase but leased. Then the bombshell, the move, the wilderness, the second class citizens, the false dawns and finally the reality of returning. It brings it all back to me.

So for me I empathize with the feelings of my Palace friends and family. Its a tough time for true fans. I'm not shedding any tears for Tangoman but I don't like to be on the receiving end of gloating so why dish it out? In the end for me it always has been live and let live.