Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official - Palace In Administration

Comments

• Options
    Can't we have that aeroplane money from last season as part of the Paddy Mac fee ?
  • Options
    best to laugh loud and long now, if it happens to us at least we had this time to gloat and laugh.

Still if they want to ground share now they are potless ?
    they can f**k off.
  • Options
    be hard if they shared with us gh where would they drink
  • Options
    I've been getting text messages from people expecting me to be over the moon - but I just feel an ominous sense of foreboding.

We have been scraping a few fortunate wins lately, and last night told us a lot about our prospects of winning an automatic spot vs two teams who look solid and frankly, better than us. Since we have no cash to improve the situation with new players, it doesn't look good and I wouldn't fancy us in a play-off situation even if we are fortunate enough to get in the mix.

As much as I dislike the stripey Surrey tossers (and the ronsealed bell-end that owns them), I am not celebrating............. I am just hoping that it won't be us in 6 months time and that instead we will have something to celebrate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite] I am just hoping that it won't be us in 6 months time and that instead we will have something to celebrate.
    Yes, it might be us in six months' time. But it is them now. I, for one, am enjoying it!
  • Options
    Fair play to ya, Chizz.....but it feels like tempting fate to me!
  • Options
    Jordan loses his money - Ha - but I'm more worried about the £100K they owe us. We won't see that now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]be hard if they shared with us gh where would they drink

I'm sure we'd be welcomed at the Liberal club.

Oh well, I'll have to start a collection going on here soon, I hope to commence later tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    good luck,the last one went good
  • Options
    They have had this coming and I am in the "laugh your bollocks off" camp. Jordan's been unable to give them away so don't be surprised if they are in Administration well into next season. Whoever gets involved will need to start from the ground up and they may need to go down to do it. Take time to smell the flowers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Jordan loses his money - Ha - but I'm more worried about the £100K they owe us. We won't see that now!
    The £100k is a football debt. And, as the FL will not lift their transfer embargo until football debts are paid off, our £100k looks safer now than this time yesterday.
  • Options
    If they were to start next season in Admin, do they get another points deduction?
  • Options
    Is there a chance they are being quite smart about this?
    They clearly had an option to sell Moses and others.
    They have decided against this option. Must be for a good reason.
    Result? 10 points gone but with a great manager and with the team and results going well they arent in danger of going down.
    A year of rebuilding with quality players still on board.

Well it makes sense to me, though I hope those of you with greater business accumen than I may point out the error of my thought process on this.
  • Options
    Just seen Colin W*nker on SSN, interviewed before the news. Asked who he would like to sign in the window, he said, "Someone to replace Moses if he goes. And someone to replace Ambrose if he goes. And someone to replace everyone else when they go".

Taxi for Mr Warnock!
  • Options
    I don't think you are allowed to continue in administration through to the start of another season
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I don't think you are allowed to continue in administration through to the start of another season[/quote]

Stockport have been in administration since April.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]10 points gone but with a great manager and with the team and results going well they arent in danger of going down.
    They will only have the players (and manager) that the administrators decide not to sell now.
  • Options
    Bad Times.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Is there a chance they are being quite smart about this?
    Result? 10 points gone but with a great manager and with the team and results going well they arent in danger of going down.

Well it makes sense to me, though I hope those of you with greater business accumen than I may point out the error of my thought process on this.

They will all have to go now, for whatever price is "viable" and "good for the club" and the Administrator will be making that judgment, it's no longer in the hands of the board.

For example, Jordan may have wanted to spark a bidding war for Moses in the final week of the window when other clubs' desperation has kicked in. Now, cheeky bid of £2m ish. Bang. Gone. They have surrendered their right to determine the future of their assets and as such the Administrator will determine it for them with no view to the football club other than the fact it is a business that desperately needs to raise liquid capital. As they don't own the freehold on their ground, their players are their only way of realising this. They are as such, unlikely to get anything in the overinflated ballpark for any player that they may have wished to cash in on big time previously.

Any player with any material value that the administrator determines has been met by another football club will now be sold this week. It's the only way they have to get out of this mess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Bad Times.
    gotta agree... I hope you do survive - and I hate to say it ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looked on the BBS and laughed when I saw the ad that Google has thoughtfully placed on the message board:

'Pre-Pack Admin or Phoenix
    Expert advice -keep brand and staff restart business on sound footing
    CooperMatthews.com'

That's a bit insensitive isn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Bad Times.

We're not exactly gloating here but you'll not get a lot of sympathy in these neck of the woods fella.
  • Options
    #enlightened#
    Thanks chaps.
    No chance the administrators would resist selling below market price then.
    I guess we should take notes on how its done then for future reference!
  • Options
    its was the Bar-b-q summer that did Tango man he went big bucks in the sun tan cream market and well it never rains but it poors. Poor orange f**ker 1 million bottles of tanning cream and no sun , no punters (like a Palarse home game) still that stock will last him a week or two.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I don't think you are allowed to continue in administration through to the start of another season

I'm not 100% on this but I think that they were allowed to begin the season as they had terms agreed for the sale of the club in June and had a CVA proposal accepted. Thus, they were seen as making headway as to reaching an active solution and given a pass.

If this was not in place they would have been demoted I believe. Things will not be so easy if they aren't out by this summer though as they have effectively now stalled in their efforts to get out of Administration.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Is there a chance they are being quite smart about this?

They will all have to go now, for whatever price is "viable" and "good for the club" and the Administrator will be making that judgment, it's no longer in the hands of the board.

For example, Jordan may have wanted to spark a bidding war for Moses in the final week of the window when other clubs' desperation has kicked in. Now, cheeky bid of £2m ish. Bang. Gone. They have surrendered their right to determine the future of their assets and as such the Administrator will determine it for them with no view to the football club other than the fact it is a business that desperately needs to raise liquid capital. As they don't own the freehold on their ground, their players are their only way of realising this. They are as such, unlikely to get anything in the overinflated ballpark for any player that they may have wished to cash in on big time previously.

Any player with any material value that the administrator determines has been met by another football club will now be sold this week. It's the only way they have to get out of this mess.
    I believe than, even when the window shuts, more players may still be sold, in the same way that Ipswich were allowed to sell the Herminator after the transfer window.

So, while Charlton fans will be waiting for the 31 January to see the final squad numbers, Palace fans may still see players sold in February and beyond.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I don't think you are allowed to continue in administration through to the start of another season[/quote]

Stockport have been in administration since April.[/quote]

I'm not 100% on this but I think that they were allowed to begin the season as they had terms agreed for the sale of the club in June and had a CVA proposal accepted. Thus, they were seen as making headway as to reaching an active solution and given a pass.

If this was not in place they would have been demoted I believe. Things will not be so easy if they aren't out by this summer though as they have effectively now stalled in their efforts to get out of Administration.[/quote]

As I understand it a certain Jim Melrose is favorite to be their new chairman.
  • Options
    They just mentioned it on the news and I laughed, the wife said grown up, so I laugh again.

Couldn't we get " a message to our supporters" printed up?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I don't think you are allowed to continue in administration through to the start of another season

If this was not in place they would have been demoted I believe. Things will not be so easy if they aren't out by this summer though as they have effectively now stalled in their efforts to get out of Administration.

As I understand it a certain Jim Melrose is favorite to be their new chairman.

Yep that's exactly right, though it was his apparent buyout that convinced the football league last summer but it hasn't materialised since...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]No chance the administrators would resist selling below market price then.
    The administrators will decide what an acceptable market price for any of the players. And they will need to weigh up any prices offered for any players against the money needed to keep the club running as a going concern. I've heard figures of £10m a year in costs = so selling Moses for £2m will keep them going for two or three months. (Of course this may all be irrelevant if HMRC wind them up on Thursday).
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]I guess we should take notes on how its done then for future reference!
    VERY good point!