Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds & Norwich both losing

Comments

• Options
    Let me remind you 15,956 which considering your league position is embarrassing.
  • Options
    Nice biting Oaky and I agree with you regarding how performance against Leyton Orient.

Pretty sure you've had less than 15k in this league, and you're a one city club.
  • Options
    For a midweek game at this time of year on the telly? Not brilliant, but hardly embarassing. It's not like the Orient fans showed up in droves either.
  • Options
    and down south we are also very busy with pursuits like wine tasting and bridge nights during the week , football isn't the be all and end all my northern chum
  • Options
    leeds used to be champions on england and now can barely get over 24k, heard from leeds fans ur the best supported club which is all bo**ocks, id like to see how many you get if you were mid table, lowest championship attendace for you if i remember was 16k, embarrassing for a city with one team and such a big catchment area, and il think ur find weve got the second biggest away crowd at ur gf in the league behind huddersfield, personally would prefer us and norwich to go up as i cant stand leeds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]leeds used to be champions on england and now can barely get over 24k, heard from leeds fans ur the best supported club which is all bo**ocks, id like to see how many you get if you were mid table, lowest championship attendace for you if i remember was 16k, embarrassing for a city with one team and such a big catchment area, and il think ur find weve got the second biggest away crowd at ur gf in the league behind huddersfield, personally would prefer us and norwich to go up as i cant stand leeds

Haha so there Oaky!

I dont get why he felt the need to come on here and mention he still has faith when they are in poor form at the momment, then criticise our performance from tuesday. ' You got done 3-0nil by a team we drew with 9 men, says alot really doesnt it? if we had 11 against them we would have battered them!

anyways i dont care whether with leeds or norwich as long as we go up and i'd rather do it on merit rather then Norwich's dimise, that alone you can see that you are starting to panic :-)
  • Options
    So are we glass half empty or half full?

Are we happy Leeds lost or unhappy that Colchester and Swindon won?
  • Options
    Quite amusing to come on here and have a pop at us after Leeds got trashed by Swindon a team we drew 2-2 with with only 9 men! Granted Charlton were not great against Orient, but really it could have been a draw if the ref was actually watching any aspect of the build up to their goal.
    For me the FA Cup run Leeds are having is good, glad that they equalised, to see all the Spurs fans little faces was frankly hillarious! But if it detracts from the League and they miss out on promotion who really ultimately cares? As for the JPT, nice little cup but basically meaningless in the grand scheme of things Wembley trip or not.
  • Options
    Charltons biggest problem now could be Southampton.

Top two will be Leeds and Norwich, whichever way around. If Soton don't make it into the play-offs, then you'll probably go up. If they do, I can't see them f**king up with their firepower.

But that's ok. Surely you'd rather go to Rochdale than Pompey?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Charltons biggest problem now could be Southampton.

Top two will be Leeds and Norwich, whichever way around. If Soton don't make it into the play-offs, then you'll probably go up. If they do, I can't see them f**king up with their firepower.

But that's ok. Surely you'd rather go to Rochdale than Pompey?!

Haha on the wind up Groucho? take it you dont fancy yourselves capable of winning the play offs? as you should be in it and you are designed for the cup style format

Dont think its that certain that its Norwich & Leeds, like earlier on in season was us and Leeds, it will keep changing as there is still a long way to go and i am confident we can nick one of the autromatic places

As for southampton, they are looking good for play offs & i agree with their squad they would be the favourates, but it doesn't always work like that thankfully and we have just as good a squad just not their strikers so we will see.... there's no point in saying if's and buts as long way to go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You only pop up when you win ;-)
  • Options
    Southampton are a LONG way from reaching the playoffs and they have Pardew. They won't make them.
  • Options
    I was worried about a Southampton a couple of weeks ago but now they're virtually at Wembley in the JPT and have drawn Pompey in the cup next month, that'll keep them very occupied. Currently 13 points off the play offs, and yes they're in form but some of the sides in the top 6 have only lost 4/5 games all season, and they'd need to lose that many again for Saints to catch them. So unless Saints win all their '6 pointers' they're going to struggle to make it.

Groucho - do you not think your lot have a chance? If you make the play offs i think you'd win them. You'd certainly beat us.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Southampton are a LONG way from reaching the playoffs and they have Pardew. They won't make them.

Not really they are 13 points, which seems alot but at the rate them & norwich are going they can soon close that, i think they are not quite a cert as nothing is in football but they looking good for it at the momment
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Excuses - was the ground sold out ?

It was actually.

Are we really trying to have an 'away following' argument with a Leeds fan? Along with Man Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle, they're probably the only other team in the country who sell out their away allocation no matter when or where the game is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

It was actually.

Are we really trying to have an 'away following' argument with a Leeds fan? Along with Man Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle, they're probably the only other team in the country who sell out their away allocation no matter when or where the game is.

haha, my thoughts exactly !!
  • Options
    If we actually finish in the play-offs, i'd back us. We always seem to raise it for the important games (...except for last years final when Gary Alexander forgot to open his eyes when heading the ball!). But i reckon we'll miss out, just.

Leeds and Naarwich for automatic. Charlton, Soton, Colchester and 'Uddersfield for the play-offs. Soton will be just a bit too much to live with for anybody. I just want the dirtyleeds out of this league just because of the agro that comes with going to a Leeds/Millwall fixture. And Norwich really are the bigger boys mixing it with the peasants at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

It was actually.

Thats because none of them have jobs that might get in the ways of things, and JSA goes a long way north of Watford.
  • Options
    It seems funny to me how so many people have so much faith in Pardew's ability now that he's no longer our manager.

Forget about Southampton. Forget about Colchester and Swindon too. We need to worry about Leeds and Norwich because they are above us. If we're caught by someone else so what: if you're going to finish third then you may as well finish fourth or fifth. I really can't see us finishing seventh so I'm not worrying about the teams below us.

We want second or first place. Forget the rest. And bollocks to Southampton -if they're that good, why are they more than 10 points behind?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]It seems funny to me how so many people have so much faith in Pardew's ability now that he's no longer our manager.

Forget about Southampton. Forget about Colchester and Swindon too. We need to worry about Leeds and Norwich because they are above us. If we're caught by someone else so what: if you're going to finish third then you may as well finish fourth or fifth. I really can't see us finishing seventh so I'm not worrying about the teams below us.

We want second or first place. Forget the rest. And bollocks to Southampton -if they're that good, why are they more than 10 points behind?

Firstly a points deduction, secondly no-one actually said they was worried we wasn't going to make play offs?? only thing people do mention is that southampton will be a big worry if we meet them in the play offs, but that is because of their strikers regardless of who their manager is they have proven goalscorers, like leeds & Narwich who seem to come up when needed. Im all for concentrate on the top two and not worry about the rest, but still you can note general observations if other teams do happen to worry you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]It seems funny to me how so many people have so much faith in Pardew's ability now that he's no longer our manager.

Firstly a points deduction, secondly no-one actually said they was worried we wasn't going to make play offs?? only thing people do mention is that southampton will be a big worry if we meet them in the play offs, but that is because of their strikers regardless of who their manager is they have proven goalscorers, like leeds & Narwich who seem to come up when needed. Im all for concentrate on the top two and not worry about the rest, but still you can note general observations if other teams do happen to worry you

If they have proven goalscorers who score so much then they must have a crap defense because they just aren't getting the results. They are 24 points behind us (still 14 disregarding the points reduction). They are five points above relegation with a manager who has guided us already to 2 relegations. People on this site seem to have an inane fear of him stinging us 3 times. You cannot compare Southampton to Norwich and Leeds. They are more at the level of Hartlepool.

People also DO seem to be afraid of us not making the play-offs because they seem to be worrying all the time about teams behind us rather than the teams above us.
  • Options
    If we are to worry about anyone it's Swindon who are in a great run at the moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

If they have proven goalscorers who score so much then they must have a crap defense because they just aren't getting the results. They are 24 points behind us (still 14 disregarding the points reduction). They are five points above relegation with a manager who has guided us already to 2 relegations. People on this site seem to have an inane fear of him stinging us 3 times. You cannot compare Southampton to Norwich and Leeds. They are more at the level of Hartlepool.

People also DO seem to be afraid of us not making the play-offs because they seem to be worrying all the time about teams behind us rather than the teams above us.

Totally agree with you Mr Melrose
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]If we are to worry about anyone it's Swindon who are in a great run at the moment

Very true, they've picked up 28 points from their last 33 available, which would've been 30 if it wasn't for Llera's equaliser.
    Also got 4 of their 6 games at home.

That said they looked very very ordinary when we played them.
  • Options
    28 points from 33 Games ?
    Relegation Form !
    ;-)
  • Options
    Off subject but I have a few Norwich fans as mates having lived that way for a while, EVERY SINGLE POXY day since they have gone top I have received a message. Every day. I want to smash my phone
  • Options
    ive heard if you ignore them theyll go away!
  • Options
    I have not replied to a single message, yet the barrage continues. Bless thy carrot crunchers. My bet is still looking good though. Norwich top, Charlton second, leeds third
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]I have not replied to a single message, yet the barrage continues. Bless thy carrot crunchers

Haha i feel for you mate, lets hope for your sake that they wont be staying there till end of season
  • Options
    Paul Lambert won MOM for January.

Inevitably Norwich lose the next game.