Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

why boo

Comments

• Reid's not match fit!
  • neither is lloyd sam,im told Pardew had the opinion Lloyd Sam couldn't play 2 matches a week,seems pardew was right about certain things.
  • What a bloody palarva
  • [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Exactly. I love that a thick fan thinks he can see stuff Parky can't, or are in a better position to make a judgement call. Baffles me.

just because we are fans doesn't mean we can't see the bleeding obvious. I'd bet Parky was the only person in the ground that would have taken Reid off same as he was the only person who would have left the hapless Mooney on, unless YOU agreed with those decisions. I'd even chuck in his reluctance to give Waggy a game ahead of Sam, might give Lloyd the kick up the arse that he needs.
    Large, there's a quote up a bit in the thread where Parky explains why he took Reid off!

And it proves my point: he makes informed decisions, whereas some fans generally don't. Obviously Reid was our best player, but when he came off it was obvious (to me, at least) that there must have been some explanation for it - not that Parky didn't agree he was playing well! ffs

and what was his informed decision to keep Mooney on because everyone around me thought he was shit. I assume Parky thought so too but decided to keep him on because he looked as fit as a daisy and if we got lucky he might have actually done something.
  • We seem to have too many supporters who won't get behind the team and actually support them.

Opposing managers often comment that they look forward to coming to The Valley because the Charlton supporters get hostile and turn against their own team ......!!!!

Somebody mentioned on another thread, that the atmosphere at The Valley is becoming really poisonous.

Surely people with sufficient intelligence can understand that such a hostile attitude towards your own team,
    just breeds an atmosphere of anxiety and tension, desperation and lack of composure on the ball
    amongst their own players ....?

Or don't they understand the nature of basic human psychology?

That same poster mentioned that 10 years ago we were Fortress Valley, where fans got right behind the team?
    We're in this together.
  • The problem is Oggy, the supporters are getting the impression that the players dont want it as much as the fans do. Thats not right. The last few weeks have been dire to watch and frustration really kicked into today. The Valley does have its fair share of helmets, i'll grant you that.
  • Gary's right in that when players like Sam and Mooney continually shirk challenges you have to question whether they really want it or not.
  • DONT F*CKING BOOO YOUR OWN TEAM YOU TOTAL C*(*#!!!!!!

end of story.......

you are not wanted , your not welcome, go and support someone else....

Why on earth do you support charlton if you expect more, its charlton, its not some big club that guarantees anything...

F7&* OFF!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Some would argue that they pay their money so if they want to boo people who get well paid by them they will.
    But it is not support as I understand it. I can't see it inspires or motivates anyone to play better. It probably makes players less likely to play as they might if every mistake is followed by sounds of derision and abuse.
    We all can see we are struggling at the moment. Parky knows it. But he has just presided over 1 loss at the valley in 9 months is that right? We're 3rd. I would have taken that at the start of the season for now.
    I thought the booing and abuse was unwarranted personally.
    This has all been said before.
    I hope you turn it round Parky.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]DONT F*CKING BOOO YOUR OWN TEAM YOU TOTAL C*(*#!!!!!!

end of story.......

Why on earth do you support charlton if you expect more, its charlton, its not some big club that guarantees anything...

F7&* OFF!!!!!

your user name says it all a mascot in 88.Your are still a young pup ,who hasn't seen all the bad times before,also you dont go every week,your choice as you live in oz so dont go telling any of us to F**k O**.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]DONT F*CKING BOOO YOUR OWN TEAM YOU TOTAL C*(*#!!!!!!

end of story.......

F7&* OFF!!!!!

your user name says it all a mascot in 88.Your are still a young pup ,who hasn't seen all the bad times before,also you dont go every week,your choice as you live in oz so dont go telling any of us to F**k O**.

Think steve has summed up what i wanted to say perfectly. Honestly Mascot88, dont be such a plum.
  • edited January 2010
    I was going to respond but thought why bother. I mean, calling other Charlton fans the C word for expressing their opinions isn't exactly going to endear yourself is it.
  • Well Ive seen a few relegations, and seen us play for years at other peoples grounds, and the truth is that booing and embarrassing the club at the same times as affecting ALL the players and the manager negativily isnt welcome, end of story.....

They know that things arent rosey, the fact that this team has been put together for zero pounds speaks for itself....

Hows booing and chanting negatively at the manager gonna help Steve, enlighten me......
  • Mascot, some arseholes are always goin to boo and be bell-ends. Its the average joe that this team is starting to lose. Like myself, ill say it how i see it. I can understand the team and individuals have off days, but the last few weeks have been dire. If this team isnt gonna react well to booing, then they need to pull their finger out their arses and die for the cause before it gets to that stage. Thats what all fans love to see, players giving their all.

Third tier football is shit but that is no excuse for players not commiting to their jobs, i.e. like mooney today.

I do not boo but i will moan and groan if our players havent got any b*llox.
  • The fans were right to boo and to tell parky he does not know what he is doing becasue he does not,,three home games all poor displays and he keeps the same out of form players in the team..Parky has his fav's that is clear Semedo, Burton, sam should have been dropped after Monday and again today they were awful...all three should be dropped ..Parkinson is not good enough for a club like Charlton we need a tough maanger who is not scared to upset a few players and tell them a few home truths, i get the feeling Parky trys to be everyone friend sorry you can't be that as a manager..
  • I think the Burton criticism is harsh. Should have scored at least once today but he must get so frustrated, its like playing up front on his own. May aswell run onto his own flick-ons.
  • I think that is the real reason, 3 home games and 3 poor displays. Most fans are realistic in that you can't win all the time and you can't play well every time but I'm struggling to remember the last time we played well, whether it resulted in a win or a defeat. Sometimes you even lose but are okay about it as you played well but maybe didn't get the rub of the green. At the moment though we are scraping results and consistantly NOT playing well. That can only continue for so long and then you start getting results like we have this week.
  • We are all frustrated, and obviously those seeing this garbage being dolled out every week are more frustrated than me who only listens to the games, Turning the Valley into a toxic mess as it was, at times, last year IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!!!!

The staff and Players are aware as much as everyone else that its not been good enough the last few weeks.....
  • What's the length of support that allows you to express a view on this?
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]The staff and Players are aware as much as everyone else that its not been good enough the last few weeks.....

are they ? Perhaps they better start doing something about it then because if, as you claim, they know it's not been good enough but don't do something to improve the situation then they deserve to be booed, don't they ??
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]The staff and Players are aware as much as everyone else that its not been good enough the last few weeks.....[/quote]

are they ? Perhaps they better start doing something about it then because if, as you claim, they know it's not been good enough but don't do something to improve the situation then they deserve to be booed, don't they ??[/quote]

Christ you really are a constant victim.
  • I feel a lot of football is psychological, at the start of the season we looked like we could handle some championship teams with our movemnet and creativity and some of the perfromances were fantastic, weve at times show flashes of that form, (MK DONS) and other times weve battled and ground out some wins... our home record has slipped, yet suddenly the fans TURNING on the players and management is NOT going to help, in fact it is going to make the chances of what you actually want(A WIN, PLAYERS WORKIGN HARDER, HIGHER QUALITY FOOTBALL) much less likely....

A toxic valley WILL derail our season....
  • People keep saying why they are booing, but no one is saying what it achieves. It doesn't achieve anything.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What's the length of support that allows you to express a view on this?

longer than you have been supporting so jog on
  • [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]People keep saying why they are booing, but no one is saying what it achieves. It doesn't achieve anything.

I dont think anyone knows mate. I also know it is not acceptable to just sit back and be quiet while players get away with taking this club and its fans for granted. People can only get behind the players for so long until they start thinking...''f*ck this, they arent giving back what im putting in''
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What's the length of support that allows you to express a view on this?

so you can boo and throw abuse then can you.....

So Steve, again how does abusing the players and management help Charlton???
  • negativity breeds negativity....

It can only achieve bad things..... you think players are gonna play for you more if you abuse them and boo them.... gt real...
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]negativity breeds negativity....

It can only achieve bad things..... you think players are gonna play for you more if you abuse them and boo them.... gt real...

If i provide a bad service in my employment then my customers have every right to shout at me. Just cos there footballers doesnt mean they should be wrapped in cotton wool.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]negativity breeds negativity....

If i provide a bad service in my employment then my customers have every right to shout at me. Just cos there footballers doesnt mean they should be wrapped in cotton wool.
    But we're not talking about wrapping them in cotton wool for their sake. We're not saying they don't DESERVE to be booed, we're saying that booing doesn't achieve anything.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What's the length of support that allows you to express a view on this?

so you can boo and throw abuse then can you.....

So Steve, again how does abusing the players and management help Charlton???

if they play well i tell them so if they play shite i tell them so it's not bloody rocket science is it.