Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

why boo

Comments

• Agree with 99% of posts here, its wrong to boo and also cheer a subsitution of a player. I was there yesterday and was apalled again by some of our fans, 28 & 3 defeats whats the problem! Lets face it, the subsitutions made a difference especially the rapidly improving Waggy (some of the crosses were excellant),there are so many variables in football including the oposition who again yesterday worked hard to do a job and nearly did. Backing the team will help not booing and putting them down, if I was Parky after yesterday i'd be off.
    Just one question in this post, has he spent any money yet while in the job?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I suggest that if you're getting booed at work, you should find a new job![/quote]

and i suspect our best players will want to do exactly that athe end of the season - why would bailey shelvey etc stay here when they can go and be cheered elsewhere
  • I think leeds have won maybe 5 games in the last few minutes at home - 10 extra points - much more likely to happen at a supportive elland road than a moaning valley
  • I suspect there is a direct correlation between the moaners and those who have actually played football. Confidence is such a major factor. Being scared to make a mistake is a sure way to lose
  • totally agree Redman, and would not blame them either.
  • How else would you offer your opinion on someone's performance if you could never meet them and, let's be realistic, I don't think they will respond to any letters !
  • [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]I suspect there is a direct correlation between the moaners and those who have actually played football.

Confidence is such a major factor.

Being scared to make a mistake is a sure way to lose

Read again each of these 3 points.
  • Question for the moaners , who do you want as the new manager if Parky is
    so shit.
  • [cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]Question for the moaners , who do you want as the new manager if Parky is
    so shit.

I dont know enough about football and dont have the time or resources to scout a manager that could do well with the budget and squad but they are out there as many clubs have proved.

That's the job of the club. Our job is to pay the money and support the team of which i do both extensively.
  • Are we 3rd in the league? Lost one home game in 10 months? I'll think I'll stick with Parky thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2010
    Arsenal just got "jeered" off after losing (again) to the Mancs according to the BBC live thread. Is that the same as being booed off?
  • [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Are we 3rd in the league? Lost one home game in 10 months? I'll think I'll stick with Parky thanks.

Would you say the same if we dont go up?
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Are we 3rd in the league? Lost one home game in 10 months? I'll think I'll stick with Parky thanks.

I will let you know how I feel on that matter if it ever arises, I can only comment on how things are now.
  • It's not the booing i worry about the most.

It's the fact we are only loud when we are moaning.

Here's a message to all you people who feel the need to slate everything and the ones who get behind the team no matter what.

Go to the game, make some noise, get behind the players..Lets see if that works..

I mean the west stand start a song for the 1st time in forever..And it's.."you don't know what your doing"...Sums it all up really.

I Stood in the J block yesterday for the 1st time this season, and i heard a range of songs starting with.."We are going up" and ending with "we want parky out"..I showed my anger towards some fans up there and i apologies if i got a bit heatet..But the fact still is, 80% of our so called fans are complete morons.

Im not saying i have never vented my anger..But how could i this year? Look where we are in the league in conflict to what Parky has done in terms of having NOTHING to spend..Unlike 3 other teams in this league.

There is a long way to go yet, plenty more up's and downs to come, this is the right time for us all to be as one!

I mean..Leeds lost 3-0 away to swindon and you could still hear there fans singing "MOT" up to the final whistle...And thats a team that has been stuck down in this league for 3 years..

You have the right to boo, but you also have more right as a supporter to make some noise in favor of the team..Im calling that 80% to try the latter for once ;)
  • never boo it is a stoopid thing too do come on here and have a whinge up
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I mean..Leeds lost 3-0 away to swindon and you could still hear there fans singing "MOT" up to the final whistle...And thats a team that has been stuck down in this league for 3 years..

Exactly, and I bet Norwich fans would make a shed load of noise too, in a supportive way
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I mean..Leeds lost 3-0 away to swindon and you could still hear there fans singing "MOT" up to the final whistle...And thats a team that has been stuck down in this league for 3 years..

Exactly, and I bet Norwich fans would make a shed load of noise too, in a supportive way

they really stuck with bryan gunn and his side.
  • Rodders i would. Parky tried signing Puncheon but could'nt so we have Reid. Any new manager
    would have to work with no money, or try and sell squad players to a static market. I hoped our strength
    would be a loud Valley crowd, not the crap like yesterday. Not a dig at you, come and drink in the con club and discuss
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Are we 3rd in the league? Lost one home game in 10 months? I'll think I'll stick with Parky thanks.

At the end of the season a decision can be made about his future -but that's then, this is now.

I don't want to see us lose out and players leave moaning that the fans didn't get behind them, undermined morale and did their best to make their jobs harder. I don't want to see say Nicky Bailey leave and tell fans of another club that he letf Charlton after being called a "cheat".

Right now we all - players, coaching staff, directors and fans should have one purpose in mind - to get promoted, yes you can be pissed off with the way they are playing, but positive re-inforcement and encouragement always has a better effect than negativity.

Collectively we used to be better than this - ex-players would often talk appreciatively about how they were regarded by the fans. In a few years time that will change.

I don't want to see a few gobshite fans spoil our reputation and make the jobs of players/management harder.

By all means yell out, encourage and motivate. If you want to boo stay at home and watch plastic prem teams on Sky and moralise about whichever overpaid footballer the tabloids are dragging through the mud that week.
  • so is it now okay to say our support is crap ... i mean time was you'd get told off for that ... we have got nigh on the worse support in the country imo
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I mean..Leeds lost 3-0 away to swindon and you could still hear there fans singing "MOT" up to the final whistle...And thats a team that has been stuck down in this league for 3 years..

Cause getting twatted 7-1 at home is the same as 1-1. Amazing logic
  • This is making my head hurt way to much for a sunday afternoon
  • [cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]Rodders i would. Parky tried signing Puncheon but could'nt so we have Reid. Any new manager
    would have to work with no money, or try and sell squad players to a static market. I hoped our strength
    would be a loud Valley crowd, not the crap like yesterday. Not a dig at you, come and drink in the con club and discuss

Fair dos. Will do next home game.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

At the end of the season a decision can be made about his future -but that's then, this is now.

I don't want to see us lose out and players leave moaning that the fans didn't get behind them, undermined morale and did their best to make their jobs harder. I don't want to see say Nicky Bailey leave and tell fans of another club that he letf Charlton after being called a "cheat".

Right now we all - players, coaching staff, directors and fans should have one purpose in mind - to get promoted, yes you can be pissed off with the way they are playing, but positive re-inforcement and encouragement always has a better effect than negativity.

Collectively we used to be better than this - ex-players would often talk appreciatively about how they were regarded by the fans. In a few years time that will change.

I don't want to see a few gobshite fans spoil our reputation and make the jobs of players/management harder.

By all means yell out, encourage and motivate. If you want to boo stay at home and watch plastic prem teams on Sky and moralise about whichever overpaid footballer the tabloids are dragging through the mud that week.

A good post BFR. Alot of peoples anger around me yesterday came from certain players lack of effort not quality. Its not fair on other players, coaching staff, directors and fans that certain players are not trying their hardest to get us out of this league.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Cause getting twatted 7-1 at home is the same as 1-1. Amazing logic

So he was in charge for one game was he?????
  • No he wasn't, but the comparison is with now, and I would suspect that the crowd at Carrow Road is a million times more supportive then it is at the Valley.
  • It's not just the boo-ing. The tutting at a misplaced pass or poor bit of control is deafening and it makes some players go into their shell
  • Those who like booing...please post the name and address of where you work and send an e-mail/whisper around next time you are having a bad day. The rest of us will turn up, tut and moan and start booing everything you do.

As you think that booing etc is motivational and has a positive effect you won't mind.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Those who like booing...please post the name and address of where you work and send an e-mail/whisper around next time you are having a bad day. The rest of us will turn up, tut and moan and start booing everything you do.

As you think that booing etc is motivational and has a positive effect you won't mind.

LOL
  • If being booed or heaven forbid "tutted" at means that much to the players then:

1). Football is a spectator sport so perhaps being afraid of spectators is an issue they might have considered previously ?

2). They get paid either way so I really question whether it matters to them ?

3). How about going public with their frustrations over their treatment by the fans (assuming that is what people who pay to attend are still called) ?

4). What about man ing up and just getting on with it ?

5). Wear black boots and stop thinking your Brazilian ?