Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

why boo

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I've been to more games than any of you, so I think you'll find that I've got the biggest bollocks and my opinion is the only one worth listening to.

And if anyone disagrees with me they are a ****.

FACT.

see you tuesday at walsall on tuesday LOL
  • edited January 2010
    Yep all the fans fault once again.

Nothing to do with incompetent players, and inocompetent manager or an incompetent board who put them there.

Lets all clap along blissfully and sing Ei Ei O down the football league we go.

Wont boo during a game because i dont think its constructive and didnt boo at the end (because I left for the pub and i dont boo anyhow) but i cannot blame those who did.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I've been to more games than any of you, so I think you'll find that I've got the biggest bollocks and my opinion is the only one worth listening to.

And if anyone disagrees with me they are a ****.

FACT.

see you tuesday at walsall on tuesday LOL

When is it again?
    ;o)
  • lol wednesday i think
  • This thread is jokes.

One bloke in the J block at the end of the game was shouting at the fans telling them not to boo, and then two seconds later shouting at full pelt to the pitch 'its f****** s***'. Idiot.

Shocking how people suddenly think they are the best and that only their opinion matters. Some people will boo, others wont. Tolerate it.
  • no good..... real shame ....
  • Sometimes I boo sometimes I don’t, depends on what mood I personally am in at full time. People have to realize you have to let the players know they have been shite otherwise were going to get the same performance week in week out from them. People have ago at the people who boo but at least they are there to the end and haven't left 5-10 minutes before full time like a lot of our fans, why don’t the early walkers get a mention.

Our fans on this forum and on the official website do make me laugh, It seems like so many of our fans think they are Charlton’s number 1 supporter, because they have been going for 50 years and have been to Shrewsbury on a cold December Tuesday night in 1959, and anyone else with an opinion obviously doesn’t know what they are talking about because he or she is only in there teens or 20's. Its brilliant how many times people have to mention how long they have been going for on here during a disagreement. If people just agreed or disagreed on these forums and said their point rather than bringing up how long they have supported Charlton for and how they are the best Charlton supporter in the world, maybe the fans wouldn’t be so divided in the Valley, Every Charlton fan has to start somewhere, lets just be happy were still attracting youngsters, and if you feel they are talking shite, tell them your opinion without running them into the ground and trying to prove your a better supporter then them because you have been going for longer.
  • agreed, the Ive been going to charlton for longer debate doesnt make your point any more valid.....

and I appreciate people have different views, however people leaving early, althoughI find it a bit weird, its not actually damaging, having your support base boo you and abuse you is in my opinion unacceptable... but thats just my opinion...

negative, counter productive and ultimately puts a wedge between players and supporters...
  • [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]Our fans on this forum and on the official website do make me laugh, It seems like so many of our fans think they are Charlton’s number 1 supporter, because they have been going for 50 years and have been to Shrewsbury on a cold December Tuesday night in 1959, and anyone else with an opinion obviously doesn’t know what they are talking about because he or she is only in there teens or 20's. Its brilliant how many times people have to mention how long they have been going for on here during a disagreement. If people just agreed or disagreed on these forums and said their point rather than bringing up how long they have supported Charlton for and how they are the best Charlton supporter in the world, maybe the fans wouldn’t be so divided in the Valley, Every Charlton fan has to start somewhere, lets just be happy were still attracting youngsters, and if you feel they are talking shite, tell them your opinion without running them into the ground and trying to prove your a better supporter then them because you have been going for longer.
    Fantastic comment about some people's attitudes. There really is a lot of this type of snobbery in football generally, not just Charlton. Ultimately it's nonsense though. Anyone can walk up to a match and be a fan. It doesn't matter if it's your first game or your thousandth, you've get every bit as much right to your opinion.
  • STOP BOOING FFS. Yes we are 3rd but Leeds have been down here 3yrs and Parky has NO MONEY to spend. If Parky had his way he would have puncheon from start of the season. We have NO money to spend. That is NOT parky's fault is it. Parky has to make do with the cards he has left him. Yes we didn't win. But he has turned ths club round and for one I am happy with. !!

Please tell the boo's.. we hav NO MONEY to spend !!! You try running this club. I like to see how you try.. F**k.. Some people need to get a reality check !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]STOP BOOING FFS. Yes we are 3rd but Leeds have been down here 3yrs and Parky has NO MONEY to spend. If Parky had his way he would have puncheon from start of the season. We have NO money to spend. That is NOT parky's fault is it. Parky has to make do with the cards he has left him. Yes we didn't win. But he has turned ths club round and for one I am happy with. !!

Please tell the boo's.. we hav NO MONEY to spend !!! You try running this club. I like to see how you try.. F**k.. Some people need to get a reality check !!!!

Parky got us relegated. As i have stated before on here im sure many posters could do a better job with the players he has had at his disposal.

As for the reality check I think those voicing displeasure at the current regime are more than aware of the reality sunshine and thats why they want it to change before it worsens.
  • edited January 2010
    As a collective I think Charlton fans are a patient and loyal bunch.
    I also think we are pretty passionless; and more inclined to wait for the team to lift us rather than the other way around.
    I kind of agree that fans have the right to boo as one of the only means of expressing their disatisfaction.

But I ask you; it's one thing booing Pardew as we slide inexorably towards relegation; but just because you are frustrated when we are gunning for promotion?
    Use your intelligence.
    As for booing Lloyd Sam as he was subbed; that will really do wonders for his confidence won't it
    How thick can you be?
  • No Dowie and Pardew got us relegated.. the rost set in before Parky had got control !! The players had gone both mentally and physically... I went to a Q&A session with Parky... and by the way... I saw the differnce in parksys sides and pardews !! Beleive me there was a change.. albeit a slow one.. the team that parky inherited was VERY poor !! Was shot of confidence and he had no money to turn it around. We had no goalscorers and the team were leaking goals left right and centre....
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]No Dowie and Pardew got us relegated.. the rost set in before Parky had got control !! The players had gone both mentally and physically... I went to a Q&A session with Parky... and by the way... I saw the differnce in parksys sides and pardews !! Beleive me there was a change.. albeit a slow one.. the team that parky inherited was VERY poor !! Was shot of confidence and he had no money to turn it around. We had no goalscorers and the team were leaking goals left right and centre....

Parkinson was part of the pardew set up. Surely if he had the know how he would have helped Pardew out with his insight unless he was being cynical and waiting for his shot to unveil his masterplan which quite obviously hasnt happened.

Like the captain of the titanic giving control to the second in command.

The only way out of this is someone new...look how lambert has turned norwich around and there are plenty of capable managers out there who have worked wonders with squads and on budgets worse than ours its just after being spoilt with curbishley our board hasnt seemed to be able to find them and settled for the "safe" option of parkinson after dowie, pardew and les fucking reed.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]les fucking reed.
    Very sad comment on someone who was a Charlton fan, a great coach for us and who stepped in to try and help the club when he didn't have to. Sure things didn't work out, but abusing the man is bang out of order.
  • I think abusing this current team is bang out of order....

We have assembled it from zero pounds, I was expected us to struggle in this division afte rthe disaster of lasts and he has a strong and credible promotion challenge...

AND STILL WE BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Take a long look at yourself, call yourself supporters, you nothing of the sort, f&*( OFF!!!!! and dont come back, YOU ARE NOT WANTED!!!
  • SiSi
    edited January 2010
    What Stig said.

Rodney you come out with some real gems don't you.

You really think Pardew was the type of guy who'd've been significantly influenced by his number 2? Give me a break.

And the only way out of what? We're 3rd in the league.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]les fucking reed.
    Very sad comment on someone who was a Charlton fan, a great coach for us and who stepped in to try and help the club when he didn't have to. Sure things didn't work out, but abusing the man is bang out of order.

Not insulting the bloke just the appointment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]What Stig said.

Rodney you come out with some real gems of rubbish don't you.

You really think Pardew was the type of guy who'd've been significantly influenced by his number 2? Give me a break.

And the only way out of what? We're 3rd in the league.

Probably do but its my opinion...didnt realise that anyone that has a different opinion than you Si is in the wrong...in fact as you are such an authority on what is right perhaps you can give the club a few tips as im sure we would all appreciate it.

3rd in the third division and not looking like we will go up which will be pretty disasterous. Christ if you think that is good then i really must be watching different football than you.
  • I agree that it will be disastrous.

That was a bit harsh so i edited it afterwards, but you obviously got in before. I'm just annoyed at how people can slate Parkinson, considering he has spent next to no money, inherited a relegated squad, and taken us to a very promising league position when I, for one, expected us to struggle this season. It's not his fault we've been poor for 4 years.

To say that any of us could do a better job than him just makes no sense! Considering Leeds and Norwich have spent much more than us, have bigger fan bases, have not been on the same recent level of decline, where exactly did you expect us to be at this stage of the season?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]I agree that it will be disastrous.

That was a bit harsh so i edited it afterwards, but you obviously got in before. I'm just annoyed at how people can slate Parkinson, considering he has spent next to no money, inherited a relegated squad, and taken us to a very promising league position when I, for one, expected us to struggle this season. It's not his fault we've been poor for 4 years.

To say that any of us could do a better job than him just makes no sense! Considering Leeds and Norwich have spent much more than us, have bigger fan bases, have not been on the same recent level of decline, where exactly did you expect us to be at this stage of the season?

Its nothing personal against parkinson he comes across as a decent bloke and i admire him for having the bollocks to stick round while the board didnt give him any confidence in the security of his tenure, people booing him and arseholes like myself calling for his removal on internet forums.

However, we are in a bad position and have been for a number of years and whilst the descent/rot may have been slowed down by i dont think we have reached stability and we are still heading downwards. It is more frustration with the boards incompetence in finding a suitable replacement to at least stabilise the club on the pitch and get us moving forwards even if the background stuff is still not healthy.

I dont expect us to be in the premiership or necessarily in the top half of div 2 but there is a glaring danger with finances in football as they are being very perilous if we do not get back up this term with players leaving, crowds falling, no money to attract equal replacements and i worry we could be in a lot of trouble.

I know everyone, particularly Parkinson are doing their best but sometimes it's not good enough and there is more at stake this season than just one season.
  • Nobody can deny that today was poor. In fact I felt more cheesed off today than I did after the Orient game which we lost.

It is extremely frustrating as a fan to sit and watch a game like that but football, as Oggy in particular often says, is a confidence game and booing and moaning from the stands makes it worse because the players lose what fragile confidence remains and seize up. We need to channel our pent up frustration into positive energy even if it is only something as bland as the "COME ON CHARLTON" chant. Players like Sam, Waggy and Jonjo in particular try things. Some come off and some don't but over the season more have than have not even though this week it doesn't seem like it! They won't try things if the confidence goes.

It is a bit chicken and egg being a fan of a team like Charlton in that should the team get the fans going or the other way round?

We can argue that one but in my opinion we all want promotion and to get that we have to all stick together. 47 years watching this team has taught me that the best times come when fans and players are as one.
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]I think abusing this current team is bang out of order....

We have assembled it from zero pounds, I was expected us to struggle in this division afte rthe disaster of lasts and he has a strong and credible promotion challenge...

AND STILL WE BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Take a long look at yourself, call yourself supporters, you nothing of the sort, f&*( OFF!!!!! and dont come back, YOU ARE NOT WANTED!!!

u make it sound like we are the Portsmouth or Burnley of Div 3 the squad we have should be doing better than this! we are Charlton ffs! and I think U! are bang out of order telling people who is wanted and who is not, well done lads a draw at home to struggling Tranmere im sure the Southampton scouts would have been foaming at the mouth all the way back to that c*nt just thinking about a playoff final against us ill be there will you? im fed up of being nice to people that rape this club (JFH etc) please dont play bad this week mr....how about get the f*ck on with it and show us where our money goes!!!! it hasnt worked out that bad for a certain scottish manger, playing for Charlton should be a priviledge not a request and as long as we think it is a request we will go nowhere, give me something to get behind AND I WILL GET BEHIND IT!!! there is no chicken and egg about it I pay their wages they dont pay mine!
  • exactly the best times are when the team and fans are one.....

at the moment we might just convinve the players they are rubbish, and we might just put all our energy into moaning and we might just get what we want ... a team collapse and drift into nothingness....

if your booing your own team, if your chanting at a manager that has got us to third on zero money you are not helping the cause your hindering it...

im entitlted to my opinion and in that circumstance you aret wanted, if you want to turn the valley into a toxic envirnment for the players and the management, then again IMHO you arent wanted....

just my opinion...

we are supposed to be supporters, supporting the club, supporting the team....

It sounds like it was totally rubbish today, but thats how it goes sometimes, anyone can beat anyone on any given day(leeds and Man U for example) we werent very good and our form is off, they need support now to help with a push.... not booing end of....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]exactly the best times are when the team and fans are one.....

at the moment we might just convinve the players they are rubbish, and we might just put all our energy into moaning and we might just get what we want ... a team collapse and drift into nothingness....

if your booing your own team, if your chanting at a manager that has got us to third on zero money you are not helping the cause your hindering it...

im entitlted to my opinion and in that circumstance you aret wanted, if you want to turn the valley into a toxic envirnment for the players and the management, then again IMHO you arent wanted....

just my opinion...

we are supposed to be supporters, supporting the club, supporting the team....

It sounds like it was totally rubbish today, but thats how it goes sometimes, anyone can beat anyone on any given day(leeds and Man U for example) we werent very good and our form is off, they need support now to help with a push.... not booing end of....

Sorry that didnt sound like ur opinion that sounded like an order "we are not f*cking wanted" I think it wentt something like that
  • Whatever way you want to look at it mate, couldnt care less...

Do you think there is anything positive gained by booing the team your supposed to be supporting???
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    at the moment we might just convince the players they are rubbish

Do you think if we convince the players thay are the backstreet boys they would sing us a song?
  • Benny hill, apt name.... are you here all week by any chance??
  • 1. im not your mate and 2. I didnt say I boo the team did I, its just people like u who preach to people on how they should or shouldnt support charlton get on my nerves and by the sounds of it u just watch from afar so its a good job u couldnt care less
  • all week I promise