Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics 2010 - Vancouver

Comments

• Options
    Dodged a bullet in a shootout...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]Four years to the day after derailing Canada in Turin, the Swiss are taking us to overtime starting right now...

The halfpipe is good, but I absolutely love the snowboard-cross event!

What a game, 2-2 after extra time & a penalty shoot out win for the Canadians - for a footballing analogy - England v Spain* at Euro 96 - the hosts taken to penalties & scraping through!!

* but for Spain substitute - well Switzerland will do, because Canada should on paper have beaten them comfortably.
  • Options
    Since I am on Paternity till monday :-( i have watched lopads of this on the beeb HD chanel it has been really good last nights womans skeleton bob was great and that snow boarding stuff is just the mutts nutts
  • Options
    Just got back from the Skeleton... Great to see the British chicks doing well. Back up there tomorrow for the final.

Did anyone see Shaun White in the halfpipe yesterday? He is in a different universe to anyone else. Stunning!
  • Options
    Any boarder who can pass the drugs tests isnt really a boarder
  • Options
    But why are you all watching this when you dont watch it year round? and dont pretend to know what you're talking about either!
  • Options
    Skeleton Latest

The American team should go down the Valley on a saturday afternoon, plenty of helmets to complain about there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Any boarder who can pass the drugs tests isnt really a boarder

but they are tested to make sure they are taking drugs
  • Options
    We got a gold in the skeleton
    Would ya?
  • Options
    To be fair, based upon what I saw, photo doesn't do her justice. Beautiful smile, and incredible performance (not necessarily in that order!!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Amy!
  • Options
    Faultless performance... I was running round Whistler with my willy hanging out tonight....
  • Options
    So a gold for the 'tea tray slide'.....
  • Options
    loved it got really into the whole thing and watched it live,

for any of our canaddicks going to the thing live put something charlton up on a sheet so we can see ya
  • Options
    I wish I could. I'm a start official and was told in no uncertain terms to be "impartial" if Amy W took gold. F$$k that was leaping up and down like a mad man giving the British coaches high fives as she won. Eventful night with a top Canadian (Mike Douglas) being disqualified and then John Montgomery winning gold for the Cannucks.

Have my old man over and he'll be up on Sunday for the two men bob final... will see if I can get him to put something Charlton up.
  • Options
    Lucky you Crazy. Sounds fab.

Well done Amy not that i know nothing of this sport.
  • Options
    Never really been into the winter Olympics... so probably shouldn't be going to any of the events blah, blah blah. But being in the host resort and just being a amongst it is a crazy experience. Similar to going to a world cup game, without the aggro and for 2 weeks solid.

Have just picked up tickets for the medal cermeony tonight for Amy williams gold medal presentation. ABSOLUTELY STOKED!!!!
  • Options
    Tomorrow's hockey game between Canada and the Yanks is going to be a cracker. US playing better than many thought they would, Canada struggling to get past the Swiss. Could be really tight - and there's plenty of potential for it to kick off into the bargain. Fighting isn't the norm in international ice hockey, but if ever there was a potential for a row it's tomorrow's game. I fancy the US to cause an upset.
  • Options
    Make you right there Leroy. Though the shoot out win against the Swiss will surely act as a wake up call for Canada. They needed that..... Everyone here is talking as if they're in the final already.
  • Options
    Name of German ski jumper on Eurosport:

A Wank
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of interesting crashes in the bobsleigh today. One of the British blokes came out halfway down.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Went to the ski jump final yesterday.... now those guys are just crazy. Swiss guy was pretty good. Came back with a sun tan as its bloody hot (by Canada standards) at the moment.

Up at the start for the final two heats for the rearranged Bobsleigh this evening.... clashes with the hockey though unfortunately!

Looks like the Germans have the gold / silver in the bag already. As long as they don't crash.
  • Options
    ski cross on now. Pure mental.
  • Options
    My friend George, straight outta Sidcup, finished 8th yesterday & Ivan 5th in the Cross Country 30km pursuit - they are gonna get a medal by the end of the week, in the team/relay races I just know it!
  • Options
    LOL - Canadians losing against the yanks already
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LMFAO - Brodeur you twat. Canadians level it, then Marty makes a ricket 20 seconds later and they're behind again. Absolutely bizarre watching it on the BBC and listening to a useless commentator. Can't find a decent stream of it online so reduced to listening to a hockey commentator who is the equivalent of 'Useless Emma'

And WTF is Babcock doing keeping Iginla and Crosby apart? He must need his head examining - Both of them looked toss until he put them on the same line against the Norwegians.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    And WTF is Babcock doing keeping Iginla and Crosby apart? He must need his head examining - Both of them looked toss until he put them on the same line against the Norwegians.

Before the game I would have agreed with you but I think Nash has been quality. How much longer are they going to persevere with Brodeur? He's been awful!
  • Options
    Yikes! Canadians getting their arses handed to them - dumbass penalties and no hustle in their own zone. Nash is awesome in short bursts, but he can be a complete liability sometimes. Threw a massive check earlier on Johnson which gave them a lot of momentum, but he's had two decent chances but chosen the wrong pass both times
  • Options
    one word... LUONGO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]ski cross on now. Pure mental.
    Crazy sport, I think they should just stick to snowboard cross.

Brother of Mario...