Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views Charlton Athletic 2-0 Yeovil Town

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
All the usual post match stuff... Negativity still guarenteed ;o)

Comments

• Options
    Parky out, 2-0 just isn't good enough against this standard of opposition
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Parky out, 2-0 just isn't good enough against this standard of opposition

Yep, allowing Leeds a last minute equaliser isn't good enough. Parky out.
  • Options
    Norwich man sent off!

Parky out!
  • Options
    I just snagged a nail...Parky out!
  • Options
    Yeovil had 9 corners and 8 shots on target.

That's just disgusting.

I might be sick.
  • Options
    9 corners?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Parky out, 2-0 just isn't good enough against this standard of opposition

and don't get me started about Mooney and I'll bet Bailey dived and rolled around all match........ :-)
  • Options
    Why do we sign loanees? They never score goals or play well for us.
  • Options
    How'd Lloyd Sam do today?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]How'd Lloyd Sam do today?

Just kept grinning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    much improved attacking performance with Elliott keeping us in the game at times

Reid had a good game overlapping with Jackson who looks a good signing

Overal happy today
  • Options
    Cant get too excited. Yeovil were poor, yet we on another day could have 3-0 before we scored. Jackson solid debut, Reid was on fire for 20mins in the second half, Bailey back on his game. 6/10. Lot of hard work ahead.
  • Options
    Were 20 secs away from being the least beaten team in the division.

Parky out
  • Options
    OOO isn't it funny, an hour after we win a game routinely 2-0 and make the first tentative steps towards turning things around, there are 10 people online (1 of which is AFKA) and it's all very subdued. Imagine if we lost ;-)
  • Options
    A proper orthodox 4-4-2 with players playing in their strongest positions. Nice.

Big Rob made some great stops, some nice stuff from Racon although he should have been rested on about 70-75 mins, Reid very good.

Same again Tuesday please Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]A proper orthodox 4-4-2 with players playing in their strongest positions. Nice.

Big Rob made some great stops, some nice stuff from Racon although he should have been rested on about 70-75 mins, Reid very good.

Same again Tuesday please Parky.

Elliot had a good game and Mooney scored? Somebody Large won't be too chuffed :-)
  • Options
    Much better today. Nice performances down the left with Reid and Jackson.

Like to mention how much better Llera looked today too.

However, automatic promotion will still not happen. Not good enough for that and will still be hard work for the play offs.
  • Options
    A nice 2-0 win but lets not get too excited. It was Yeovil, who still had some decent chances.

Well done PP and the boys, roll on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Elliot made 3 v important saves, the clean sheet was as needed as the win to be fair.

Reid MOM, thought racon was back to where he should be although tired alot in the last 20 min, jackson had a good debut good going forward but will hold judgement until we face someone with a decent winger. Bailey played anchor role well, llera had best game in a while, mooney ran a hell of a lot good finish for his goal should really have tested the keeper with a couple of others, Burton back to combatitive self, all in all nice to see us get it out wide and cross the ball shame no one was really running from midfiled or lurking on the edge of the area, but something i dont mind sacrifising for two tricky wide men playin together. Sam was in and out but created the second and looks a good threat with richardson back and fully fit again.

Was a funny game although we dominated much of the game yovil prob had the three best chances in the game, was very glad of the clean sheet, atmosphere only got rocking a few times but there are glimpses of green shoots, if we can keep this 11 fit for the rest of the seaon we'll push most teams esp at home. Having a genuine outlets on the left and right hand sides makes us look so more dangerous.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Good enough on the day but agree with clem and valley gary. Lets not get too high about the highs just as we shouldn't get too low about the lows.

Best thing was that after the 2nd we dominated totally and the confidence seemed to be flooding back.

Jackson looks another good signing

Some unusual lifer faces seen in the lib too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope Bailey can pick up his performance a shade more from today on Tues, then hit his finest form on Friday.... :-)

happy with the 3pts, and slightly peeved that not many people can hold out Leeds, jammy tarts.
  • Options
    We should not revel in a win and not revel in a defeat - feels to me that some on here can't wait for a win to have a pop at the doom and gloom and some can't wait for us to lose to have a pop at the rose coloured spectacles.

Norwich and Leeds slipping up, as we have been - however, I'm more worried about Col U and Swindon hot on our heels and nipped in front ..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We're still right in the mix and bounced back really well, albeit against poor opponents. Just need a bit of consitency now and a repeat on Tues night. Same team I'm presuming, after all the excessive chopping and changing of recent weeks.

I don't know where the idea started that having three consecutive away games was going to put us back on track because the team could get away from our curmurdgeonly supporters. It wasn't true, was it? I thought the crowd got behind the team really well today and were not on their backs when we didn't go score twice in the first ten minutes, as someone rather melodramatically predicted.

No marks for the 'Loverly Gloverly' headline on the O/S. But when the worst thing that happens is a crap rhyme, then that's what I call a pretty fine day !
  • Options
    where's the usual f****** doom mongers now CONSPICUOUS BY YOUR ABSENCE
  • Options
    And where's Oggy?

He only comes on here when we lose!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]And where's Oggy?

He only comes on here when we lose!

On a train back i'm guessing or drunk in a pub somewhere ;-)
  • Options
    They looked as though they were starting to enjoy themselves again. Loved watching Jackson, Reid and Racon linking up. Richardson putting his arm round Sam, whole squad congratulating Mooney, overall it just felt a whole lot better today. Llera had a good game and Elliott as my MOM. Everton beat Man U, Norwich lost, sun was shining and we were a happier crowd. Pretty good day for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny old game as Greavesie would say.

We must have had well over 50% of possession and territory yet my man of the match, Robbie Elliot, had to make 3 or 4 smart saves to keep us in it.

I was just asking my nephew precisely why Racon was playing and Jonjo wasn't even on the bench when he got in the box and cut the ball back for Mooney's goal. I still have my reservations but credit to him for that.

Llera for me was second only to Elliot today and fully justified Parky's decision to leave Sam Sodje on the bench and Jackson impressed me too. Aaron Davies is no mug at this level yet Jackson contained him very well I thought on the whole and offered something going forward too.

The main thing though was 3 points and with Norwich losing and Leeds drawing other results went with us. I hesitate to make a critical comment after a win but I feel we will need to up our game if we are to beat Brighton on Tuesday. They will be confident following their excellent result at Leeds.

I feel a lot happier than I did on Monday evening.
  • Options
    a good game played well definatley deserved to win it well done boys

thought sam kept straying out of position noticed him doing that alot latley
  • Options
    Thought we played some good stuff at times and looked threatening going forward - especially Reid - but as others have said, Elliot had to make some very important saves.
    Very glad we didnt concede towards the end, as it could have got very nervy.

Quite impressed with Jackson, but he will no doubt have tougher tests ahead.

Another three points on Tuesday, and a few other results in our favour again, and maybe we can start looking up the table rather than over our shoulder.