Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton - Pre match views, poll etc

I'm looking forward to this one! Palace's current situation should make for a great atmosphere, especially as they hate Palace more than us, apparently. Our fans should also be in good spirit after Saturday, the mid week fixtures usually have a decent atmosphere and I expect Brighton to bring quite a few fans.

2-1 Charlton, with an 80th minute winner!

Comments

• Options
    4-0nil Home win :-)

Burton 2, Mooney & Bailey
  • Options
    Trying not to get too carried away after the win, Brighton perform against the 'bigger' sides apparantely.
  • Options
    Brighton gave Leeds a good game, I don't see us thrashing them but I am more than confident of victory. 2-1.
  • Options
    3-2 charlton, another reid goal, jackson and bailey with the others
  • Options
    Is Adam Virgo a key player for them? Will be suspended.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    brighton are utter chaff which is why they sitting comfortably in the relegation zone with no wins in their last 6 games.we are looking to build and confidence should be up a bit with a win and clean sheet under our belts. playing brighton could not happen at a better time for us. a very convincing win and the poor form we have shown throughout the season will all be forgotten again.

4-0
  • Options
    3-0 FACT
  • Options
    Hope fully stick with the same side as Saturday, think it'll be tight after Brightons performance against Leeds, 2-1 us.
  • Options
    My 6 year old is mascot tomorrow, my main worry is whether it'll be on. Its chucking down here...

2-0
  • Options
    Yeah got a feeling this one will be off. Pissing down everywhere it seems, hasn't stopped
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Yeah got a feeling this one will be off. Pissing down everywhere it seems, hasn't stopped

Cant remember last game which was rained off, usually games only snowed of so i reckon be on

debating whether to go to this??
  • Options
    Wasn't West Ham the last on new years day a while back? atleast i think that was rain!

Yeah it is effort going to this one what with the game on Friday too but I'll make it
  • Options
    Any win in any way will do

Same team as Saturday. Don't change a winning team.
  • Options
    Got to be looking to win this game if we are to have any chance of the automatics but we'll have to improve on Saturdays performance cos we deffo got away with that , Elliot man of the match says it all
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Wasn't West Ham the last on new years day a while back? atleast i think that was rain!

Yeah it is effort going to this one what with the game on Friday too but I'll make it

i thought we were playing tuesday? i dont know as gotta find someone to go with and double check no snooker cups this week
  • Options
    who voted Brighton win? own up 19 wins & 1 lose, you had to spoil it

bet it was you oohah ;-)
  • Options
    3-0 Charlton
  • Options
    I just hope Parky sticks with the same starting eleven. There was a real balance to the side on Saturday and we kept the ball very well.
  • Options
    Not me Johnny bev can't see us losing against this pub side !
  • Options
    Not me Johnny bev can't see us losing against this pub side !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Same starting XI, Shelvey to make the bench this time, though.

2-0 to us, both goals coming from loanees again...

(The only slight thing that worries me is the 96 per cent vote here* for a Charlton win. We've seen such hubris before!)

* at the time of writing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Not me Johnny bev can't see us losing against this pub side !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Trying not to get too carried away after the win, Brighton perform against the 'bigger' sides apparantely.

Home win banker then ;-)
  • Options
    Brighton's away record is much better than their home.

Only lost 4 of 16 away, yet 10 of 15 at home. Odd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Brighton's away record is much better than their home.

It's hardly like a home game for them playing in the middle of a running track!

Feel sorry for their fans, they deserve the new ground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Same starting XI, Shelvey to make the bench this time, though.

I was thinking the same. When Racon was blowing, Shelvey would have been a better one for one swap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Same starting XI, Shelvey to make the bench this time, though.

I was thinking the same. When Racon was blowing, Shelvey would have been a better one for one swap.

The difference being that Semedo is actually capable of playing in the middle of a flat 4-4-2.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Brighton's away record is much better than their home.

It's hardly like a home game for them playing in the middle of a running track!

Feel sorry for their fans, they deserve the new ground.

Fair point, but still you'd think visiting teams would struggle down there too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]

The difference being that Semedo is actually capable of playing in the middle of a flat 4-4-2.

All about opinions. I'd only start Semedo in a midfield 5. Could start if we were playing a diamond 4, which we don't.
  • Options
    Can argue Racon, Shelvey and Semedo are all better in a 5 man midfield. None have the all round game so need the right partner in a 4 man midfield. Shelvey will hopefully be very capable playing in a 4 in he future though.