Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton - Pre match views, poll etc

Comments

• Options
    3-1 and a solid performance a home
  • Options
    Brighton's away record is not to be sniffed at. Only four defeats. Have a sneaky feeling that we are going to wallop them. Last time I had that feeling was Bristol Rovers at home.

I'd play the same team. Shelvey would come back in on the bench - for who, not so sure.

4-1..........but wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 2-2.
  • Options
    Getting rather embarrassed by our lack off vocal support at the valley these days, hoping for a bit of atmosphere to spur the boyson in what is probs going to be our hardest home game in a while!
  • Options
    Brighton's away record is one of the best in the division. We will have to be "at it" if we are to avoid defeat. It wouldn't surprise me to see another 1-1 although I hope the players have the desire to win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Brighton's away record is one of the best in the division. We will have to be "at it" if we are to avoid defeat. It wouldn't surprise me to see another 1-1 although I hope the players have the desire to win.

thats the spirit len! expect to see capello at the valley as brighton away from home their players turn into world beaters.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Brighton's away record is one of the best in the division. We will have to be "at it" if we are to avoid defeat. It wouldn't surprise me to see another 1-1 although I hope the players have the desire to win.

thats the spirit len! expect to see capello at the valley as brighton away from home their players turn into world beaters.

Just sounding a note of caution. Many thought we would pick up 9 points from the Hartlepool, Orient and Tranmere games. We got 4.

Whilst we beat Yeovil had it not been for Robbie Elliot it could easily have gone the other way so all I am really saying is don't let us underestimate Brighton.
  • Options
    oops sorry, i thought everyone was taking the piss
  • Options
    if we score first and in the first twenty minutes then I predict confidence continues flooding back and a 4-0 win. Concede first and it could be a long old evening.
  • Options
    If we want promotion we must win. However this is Charlton - Draw
  • Options
    We should win and comfortably.

Same team to start from Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as I said before Saturday, if we keep a clean sheet we'll win as we will always score at least one at this level
  • Options
    Much happier now the 'Charlton win' vote is down to 82 per cent.

When I posted earlier, it was showing 96 per cent expecting a Charlton win. And you know how it all goes horribly wrong when we're that super-over-confident of rolling over a pub side !!!
  • Options
    They also were leading Leeds & Norwich in their last two games until late on. We know they concede late goals if it gets to that stage.
  • Options
    they've not had an easy run!!, Norwich, Leeds and then us....reckon we will sneak this 2-1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]they've not had an easy run!!, Norwich, Leeds and then us....reckon we will sneak this 2-1

And Leeds and Norwich have sufficiently demoralised them for us to record a 12-0 victory, including a 40 yard overhead kick from Llera - you heard it here first
  • Options
    Will be tough. Talk of us thrashing them 3 or 4-0 makes me laugh as last week we were hopeless and never going to win again.
    Depends which Brighton turn up, the side which won at Southampton and drew at Millwall and Leeds or the side which shipped 4 at Norwich and 7 at Huddersfield. They're generally a decent side away so i doubt we'll thrash them as we never make it easy for ourselves. 2-1 to us with us no doubt hanging on at the end.
  • Options
    Tough, tough game. They will fight but we will win 1 - 0
  • Options
    charlton 1- brighton 0

Late goal drama from Burton to secure all the points at the Valley! Burton 87'. Another clean sheet from Elliot will be inspirational! Come on you REDS!!!
  • Options
    Its one of them scenarios where, we all know how tough its going to be and we all have somewhere in our minds the doubt that we can pull off a victory. However if we are to go out tomorrow night and grab a 2-0 comfortable win, it could really give everyone at the club including the players themselves the belief that we are well and truly in this race for promotion and we are not going to back down!
    Come On You Reds!
  • Options
    2-0 but with plenty of heart palpitations along the way I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy D'urso reffing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Andy D'urso reffing

Deep joy.
  • Options
    Im well 50/50 whether to go to this??? hmmmm what to do, i finally have a free night, im assuming tickets will be available tonight?

I reallly should go, as dont get as much of a chance to go latel
  • Options
    so as it stands we should hammer brighton cos they are 3rd bottom after two thirds of the season
    but if we don't the reasons we have are because .....
    Andy D'urso reffing
    Brighton's away record is much better than their home.
    our lack off vocal support at the valley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]so as it stands we should hammer brighton cos they are 3rd bottom after two thirds of the season
    but if we don't the reasons we have are because .....
    Andy D'urso reffing
    Brighton's away record is much better than their home.
    our lack off vocal support at the valley

?
  • Options
    Can't really predict a result, we have been too inconsistent lately to know what team will turn up, but I hope:

a) Llera is starting and plays with the same composure and confidence as on Saturday
    b) Dailly has a better game - he has been poor lately compared to his early form
    c) Bailey plays better today and doesn't mis-hit most of his passes
    e) Would like to see Shelvey come on as sub in the last 25 - I think he could be a really big impact sub for us right now (at this stage in his development)
  • Options
    Brighton expected to sell out the away tonight, so fair play, should be a good atmosphere.

Could go either way tonight. Build on Saturday's tentative positive signs and all of a sudden we'll look a completely different proposition to what we did a week ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Brighton expected to sell out the away tonight, so fair play, should be a good atmosphere.

Didn't expect that ... good for them.
  • Options
    Two cleansheets in a row is a bit of an ask but fingers crossed.

Brighton are no mugs since the change of manager and play it around a bit. Hopefully this will enable us to play to our strengths as well.

I reckon 2-1 if we score the first two or 1-1 if they score first.