Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nearest club you dont mind

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal is the best of a bad lot for me. My sister loves them, and although they are staid and corporate, and their fans whine as much as their manager, they do play good football, and I can always find a player or two that I like to watch.

Noteworthy that no-one else has said Toronto FC as yet. Juan Pablo Angel beat us 3-0 yesterday (although another NY player also scored), but I have to follow the closest club of any substance. Can agree with vancouveraddick's reference to the Whitecaps. Always liked them from back when I was a kid watching the NASL...
  • Options
    Ocean Rooms
  • Options
    Always had a soft spot for West Ham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Always had a soft spot for West Ham.

Yeah me too :-)
  • Options
    Don't mind palace, hate them on a board level but some of my best mates are fans, couldn't say a bad word about them.

Don't mind Arsenal either, they try to play football the right way so i respect that.
  • Options
    Well I hate Palace & I hate Millwall so South East London is out for me. I hate Chelsea, not particularly keen on Tottenham - their fans seems to think they have a devine right to be great and are the worst wingers there is. West Ham are the scum of the earth and I wish they would go bust, QPR i have never really liked since the plastic pitch....so what does that leave me in London:-

Arsenal - great football (whilst Wenger is there anyway), well run club turning a profit, nice new ground.
    Fulham - like Charlton of old, punching above their weight, a mix of classy players and people that will give blood for the cause and a superb Brit manager

The rest are the "smaller" clubs around us like Brentford, Orient, Barnet etc who I don't really think one thing or another about.

If Charlton were to go bust I would probably watch a bit of Bromley & a bit of Beckenham, then catch the odd Arsenal game.
  • Options
    Don't hate anyone. Love going to Lewes - stand on the terraces drinking a pint of Harveys watching the game, what's not to like? Bigger club wise, I guess Brighton (once they move to Falmer season after next and start selling beer again) or Fulham. Everyone else is pants. Why do you ask? Are we going bust - Chester style - this summer?
  • Options
    Do have a slight soft spot for Cheltenham Town, used to be down there a lot as a child and does cheer me up a tad if they win!

Been to my fair share of Arsenal games as when offered tickets when Charlton aren't playing it's always good to keep up with my Premier League quota. Some of their football is great, but not a huge Arsene fan.

Don't mind West Spam, or United too much either really. Every other team I hate, obviously.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Always had a soft spot for West Ham.[/quote]

How any Charlton fan could have a soft spot for West Ham is beyond me.

They are the biggest local club that we had a realistic chance of overtaking.
    However due to a combination of our own naiveté and their cheating, that opportunity has been lost probably forever.
    First we lend them Chrissy Powell to help them on their way to promotion.
    Then for some reason we fail to follow through with our threat of legal action over the Tevez affair.
    Let’s not forget that at the time the decision was made to fine, rather than deduct them points, we were a point above them and only two points from safety. Pardew’s appointment had initially inspired us and we were looking good to escape the relegation zone.
    They then deceived/cheated the Premier league by saying that they would tear up the third party agreement to allow Tevez to continue playing. This proved to be a lie.
    We went on to gain only one more point, whilst Tevez inspired them to nine points. They screwed all their relegation rivals good and proper and we suffered more than any in terms of results. As a club we have continued to suffer more than Watford or Sheff Utd.
    Then there’s the little matter of them poaching one of the best strikers of the last decade from our academy.
    “Welcome to the academy of football” and “we won the world cup”. They really do have a very high opinion of themselves.
    The concourse in the away end is a disgrace, and the area around the ground is just horrible.
  • Options
    Don't mind Arsenal.

Indifferent about Fulham, West Ham, Brentford etc.

Don't really like Chelsea

Can't stand Tottenham. Mainly because 99% of spurs fans I meet seem to think that they're Barcelona, or somehow deserve to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we went under i think i would go towards West Ham as thats were most of my family are from and most support West Ham.
  • Options
    if we went under it would be a disaster as my children would grow up as Chelsea supporters, because my husband would take the football reigns. So going under is not an option.... hear that Parky, Charlton MUST win promotion for the good of young minds!!!

but if the worse was to happen i'd go to Gillingham... :(
  • Options
    I'd go arsenal, not often but they have been my second team- used to be first until got my first charlton season ticket :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Always had a soft spot for West Ham.[/quote]

How any Charlton fan could have a soft spot for West Ham is beyond me.

They are the biggest local club that we had a realistic chance of overtaking.
    However due to a combination of our own naiveté and their cheating, that opportunity has been lost probably forever.
    First we lend them Chrissy Powell to help them on their way to promotion.
    Then for some reason we fail to follow through with our threat of legal action over the Tevez affair.
    Let’s not forget that at the time the decision was made to fine, rather than deduct them points, we were a point above them and only two points from safety. Pardew’s appointment had initially inspired us and we were looking good to escape the relegation zone.
    They then deceived/cheated the Premier league by saying that they would tear up the third party agreement to allow Tevez to continue playing. This proved to be a lie.
    We went on to gain only one more point, whilst Tevez inspired them to nine points. They screwed all their relegation rivals good and proper and we suffered more than any in terms of results. As a club we have continued to suffer more than Watford or Sheff Utd.
    Then there’s the little matter of them poaching one of the best strikers of the last decade from our academy.
    “Welcome to the academy of football” and “we won the world cup”. They really do have a very high opinion of themselves.
    The concourse in the away end is a disgrace, and the area around the ground is just horrible.[/quote]

I have hated them ever since that Defoe incident. Only been to watch one West Ham game not involving Charlton (for a work do), when I came out of the ground I was walking up the road and there was a big traffic jam, in one car was an Indian family in traditional wear - a group of lads gathered around the car and started rocking it around whilst spitting their burgers out all over the bonnet (this was only about 2-3 years ago). Those 2 incidents for me are enough to make West Ham my most hated club. The cheating over the Tevez affair (not to mention trying to offer Portsmouth a few mil this time round, and the fans treatment of Curbs just add to that.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My local team is Portsmouth and I know a lot of their fans, so Pompey are the nearest team to me that are OK.
  • Options
    To me, Kiddy Harriers, or West Brom if you want League clubs, marginally closer than Villa who are alright, but I hate Blues and Wolves.

To Charlton, Orient or Arsenal, although I'm going off Arsenal a bit.
  • Options
    To me, Shrewsbury, shame they left the gay meadow for an out of town kit meccano ground though, mostly so they could change the name !
  • Options
    * Floyd Montana
    * CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010

quote# 75
    Shootershillguru
    Bearing in mind the image alongside your monika, surely you should be following me with support of the great Peruvian ex team, Deportivo Wanka?

Saw a group wearing D.Wanka shirts in the pub at Barnet on Saturday. Were they Barnet’s or ours or just lost souls with a charisma by-pass.
  • Options
    I'll say Welling and Dartford, mainly because they're (currently) below us!
  • Options
    Dulwich Hamlets, Liverpool and Fulham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham or Arsenal probs. Would NEVER support Millwall, tottenham or palace! WANKERS born wankers!!!
  • Options
    Brentford for me
  • Options
    Living in Scotland and being from Wales my other teams are Rangers,I cannot stand the other team because they havent spoken out about the priests kiddy fiddling and banned poppies from the ground! I despise them more than the spanners or anyone.Bangor City is my Welsh team,doing OK in the Welsh Premier.I have a soft spot for Fulham because my Dad took me to my first game Fulham v PNE at Craven Cottage in Oct 73.Must say though in the Premier I like the underdog like Blackpool,nothing makes me happier than a "big four " getting stuffed.
  • Options
    Welling and Chatham Town

Nearly every other club I dislike for one reason or another but my outright hatred list includes

Tottenham - Their fans all need slapping with a wet fish
    Millwall - sub-human scum
    Palace - Wankers
    West Ham
    Chelsea
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Manchester United
    Stoke
    Brighton
    Leeds
    Fulham - Their fans are divs and I hugely disliked the way 'all of Britain was behind them' in the wafa cup last year

I have more I don't like, in fact I pretty much detest everyone except us. The way Arsenal knocj the ball around is a joy to watch and the same applies to Barca but I care not whether either of them win or lose
  • Options
    like west ham,would have been west ham if charlton were not around
  • Options
    Nearest club I don't mind is probably villa, but only because I have a few villa supporting mates. Always look out for Sunderland as my ancestors are from Wearside.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Palace - loathe
    Millwall - don't mind
    West Ham - dislike intensely
    Orient - like
    Chelsea - another planet
    Arsenal - like a lot
    Spurs - like
    Fulham - very boring
    Dag & Red - don't they play in division miles below us?
    QPR - no feelings

In Thailand, of course, the Thai River Police are always a favourite amongst the locals.
  • Options
    welling, woking and fulhaam are ok, and considering i now live opposite the memorial ground i'd have to say bristol rovers are ok, too.
  • Options
    Arsenal

Or my local non-leaguers (Folkestone Invicta or Hythe Town)

Also like Leiester as some of my family are from there.
  • Options
    Sunderland - have always liked them, especially with Darren bent up there,

Reid on loan in January? LOL