Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend vs. Charlton - Preview, Poll, Teams, Doom-mongering

Comments

• Options
    Been infected by Rhona Martin's enthusiasm, and if as Uncle believes, Jonjo's back, well he's very good at curling so a 1-2 to us.
  • Options
    A brief - and optimistic - thought on all this malarkey about three games on heavy pitches in seven days, which rather sounds like the excuses are being lined up already.

Don't forget that Southend will also be playing their third game in seven days. And I don't suppose they've got the likes of Shelvey and Wagstaff to come in and freshen things up...
  • Options
    Southend will be in our faces from the off,the pitch will be shite and so will our passing 1-0 to Southend
    (when i predict a win we lose so lets see what happens if i predict a loss)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    2 - 0 Southend. A free header from a set piece and a shot from edge of box which nobody closes down. :0(
  • Options
    1-5 to Southend...reason, they can go down...we cant!
  • Options
    Is it possible to be positive about our team at the moment?

2-0 Southend.
  • Options
    Elliott

Richardson
    Llera
    Dailly
    Jackson

Racon
    Semedo
    Bailey

Shelvey
    Mooney
    Reid

4-3-3, go at them, get in their faces, at least so we can TRY and get the first goal, im sick of chasing games now! Come on Parky, 4-3-3 please!Racon and Semedo defensively allow Bailey to bomb on and Racon to bomb on when Bailey doesnt and so on. I actually think this is our best side!

A lot of you may think Mooney is the greatest but i think him and Shelvey are 2 very clever players and could link up well, i wouldnt play sodje, he is a donkey!

Come on you reds!
  • Options
    You'll all be pissed, we will be shyte another classic charlton away day 1-1
  • Options
    an undeserved 1-1 draw. we will go 1-0 down to a corner goal ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-5-1 / 4-3-3
    Elliott

Richardson Dailly Llera Jackson

Semedo
    Racon

Sam Bailey
    Shelvey
    McKenzie
  • Options
    Charlton win.

I'd play 4-4-2 with Mooney and Akpo up front and bring Semedo back and screen the back four - a job he did well earlier in the season. Shelvey to start on the bench, but definitely get a game, being that he's an Essex lad I presume a few family/friends will make the trip and hopefully as when we played Orient earlier this season he'll be up for it.
  • Options
    A big worry will be BAILEYS reaction to the Southend taunts, inthe home leg I thought he lost his rag when taunted by the Southend away faithfull, which made him play badly. Here I can see him getting sent off trying to be the superman player and committing one foul to many.
  • Options
    was thinking that myself however i would imagine parky will have a word with him about it. whether bailey listens or not is another thing. we need nicky to have a good game. hasnt had one for ages and we have suffered cos of it.
  • Options
    Is there any word on a pitch inspection or anything? A lot of us have hotels booked etc, could be costly!
  • Options
    big game for Charlton on Friday. I am going to go for a 3-3 thriller. Late Drama from Bailey to equalize in the dying minutes of added time to rescue Charlton Athletic a much needed away point. This type of 3-3 thriller will be the game which brings the best out of Charlton for the rest of the season to kick into high gear.
    Suggested -LINE UP: Elliot, Solly, Llera, Sodje, Jackson, Wagstaff, Racon, Semedo, Bailey, Reid, Mooney. Bench: Randolph, Richardson, Dailly, Wagstaff, Spring, Shelvey, A. Sodje
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]big game for Charlton on Friday. I am going to go for a 3-3 thriller. Late Drama from Bailey to equalize in the dying minutes of added time to rescue Charlton Athletic a much needed away point. This type of 3-3 thriller will be the game which brings the best out of Charlton for the rest of the season to kick into high gear.
    Suggested -LINE UP: Elliot, Solly, Llera, Sodje, Jackson, Wagstaff, Racon, Semedo, Bailey, Reid, Mooney. Bench: Randolph, Richardson, Dailly, Wagstaff, Spring, Shelvey, A. Sodje

Have we got 2 wagstaffs then ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]I am going to go for a 3-3 thriller. Late Drama from Bailey to equalize in the dying minutes of added time to rescue Charlton Athletic a much needed away point.

and everyone can go from giving 3's and 4's out of 10 ............to 7's and 8's !!
  • Options
    after all these posts, i want to change my vote can i? if not original 1-1 or 0-2 charlton win
  • Options
    UNCLE - good eye, waggy to start, sam on the bench. my bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Heart says a Charlton win, head says a draw at best. Losing this game is simply not an option, the top 3 could move further away and those below us are doing very well at the moment too, it's no good saying that we are heaping to much pressure on the team, they are professional footballers and pressure is the name of the game, they have to be big and bad and stand up to the challenge- if they aren't then they can always f@@k off and take up a gentler profession. As for Parky this really should be the team talk of his life and I hope he realises this, and before the team set out to Roots Hall show them the 1998 play off final DVD and tell the players that that is what it means to be Charlton Athletic. Simples.
  • Options
    Charlton win 2-1 ... lera to get a broken cheek bone....

wagstaff hand ball goal that the ref missed...
  • Options
    Friday night in Southend that goes back to the 70s,expect late goal in the game .Paul Davies not this time but same result 1-1.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ----------------Elliott---------------
    Richardson Sodje Llera Jacckson
    ----------Shelvey---Semedo---------
    Sam---------Mooney--------Reid
    --------------McKenzie-------------

Our captain deserves to be benched for this one.
  • Options
    Right, off to Hamilton Hall.

Come on you reds !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elliot

Richardson Daily Llera Jackson

Sam Racon Semedo Bailey

Mooney Sodje

Mckenzie
    Solly
    Shelvey
    Reid
    Randolph

I want it noted this is not who i would play just who will start Learnt nothing from Tuesday with that line up
    Gonna get battered if they play like Tuesday good luck to you hardy feckas going, you must be nutts

sarfend 4 charlton 0
  • Options
    Can anyone going send me updates please, as i am playing poker and no source of tv etc

can private message my number, would be grateful if just half time & Full time

Rudders if your on you know the score mate
  • Options
    ------------------Elliot-------------------

Richardson---Llera---Sodje---Jackson

-----------------Semedo---------------

Sam------Bailey------Shelvey------Reid

----------------McKenzie---------------

Not keeping clean sheets so worth trying a new defensive combination I think. Jose should anchor with an attacking midfield 4 in front of him. Loads of natural width in Sam and Reid with Jonjo and Bailey bombing into the box at every opportunity as they're our biggest goal threats...much more worthwhile having both of them playing rather than a sub-standard extra striker in my book. Would like to see this team happen but doubt it will.
  • Options
    I think that's a good formation Neil H. Would possibly swap Dailly for Sodje, but apart from that looks good.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Can anyone going send me updates please, as i am playing poker and no source of tv etc[/quote]

For a per centage of your winnings, this can be arranged, Johnny Bev. Of course, no liability on our part when you lose your shirt...