Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got up and reading this has made my morning(tshhhh, thats the sound of me opening abreakfast beer) blinding!!!!

totally delighted!

I dont know if anyone else does this but I go straight to the thread and read that so i get the buzz of the goals..... and thought we were well and trully screwed, then suddenly we got one, and then the last minute!!

great stuff...
  • Options
    Oh mascot, fell asleep, woke up to your lovely post x
  • Options
    Mascot it was f***ing superb mate - the last min winner that is.

While you tuck into your summers day breckie, imagine Addicks falling over seats/running down steps as Reid blasted home low 1st time from the corner of the box in front of the Charlton faithful

;-)
  • Options
    Well done lads and lasses that made it, hearing on Talkshite that we got the winner in injury time made my night!
    More importantly, how were the cheerleaders?
  • Options
    Obviously a good result, but not one for the purists like me.

Got beaten up by my own fans on the way home.

Bailey was an absolute embarassment.

2 thousand fans and not a squeak from where I was sat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Mascot it was f***ing superb mate - the last min winner that is.

While you tuck into your summers day breckie, imagine Addicks falling over seats/running down steps as Reid blasted home low 1st time from the corner of the box in front of the Charlton faithful

;-)

Sounds like an absolute classic!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    Got beaten up by my own fans on the way home.

What happened ashtray??
  • Options
    Great game, Reid roasted Francis over and over and over again, his partnership with JJ ruined them. Amazing scenes at the end, really cracking celebrations, love Charlton.
  • Options
    I'm still buzzing from last night, not a great display of footballing prowess but a terrific event to be a part of. One of those games where we ground out a result (worth remembering that 10 man Southend very nearly snatched it towards the end) and Reid's second goal was an absolute peach.

Highlights of evening were:

Nicky Baileys object lesson in how to deal with constant abuse from former club and another example of why he should always play in the middle.
    The Stewards telling me off for waving my Nicky Bailey shirt at the home supporters.
    The celebrations after our second goal, absolutely mental, I'll never forget that for as long as I live.
    Walking up Victoria Avenue singing, "WE ARE THE LEFT/RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD"

As I say, still buzzing.
  • Options
    oh nicky bailey,good turnout grat atmosphere,shame lloyd sam was crap again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First half we were terrible. 2nd half from where i was i thought we battered them and should've scored more. Mooney's miss was a shocker. I still think McKenzie should get a start. Sam was inneffective again. And why sign Reid on loan if you're going to start Bailey left midfield, wasn't the reason we signed Reid, so that Bailey could move inside?
    Anyway we won, the 3 points are much more important than the performance and lets sit back and hope the others drop points today. Huddersfield are playing Leeds so someone's got to!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]First half we were terrible. 2nd half from where i was i thought we battered them and should've scored more. Mooney's miss was a shocker. I still think McKenzie should get a start. Sam was inneffective again. And why sign Reid on loan if you're going to start Bailey left midfield, wasn't the reason we signed Reid, so that Bailey could move inside?quote]

If you were at the Brighton game you would remember how poor Reid was, fullu understandable that he dropped to the bench and it seemed to have had the right effect
  • Options
    SE10 addick. Accordin to cafc on twitter reid was throwing his top to his mum. An stated a kid intercepted it. You robbed kyle's mum of her sons shirt after his winner! How bad do you feel?
  • Options
    Don't really care about the performance just wanted to win and boy did I celebrate that last minute goal.

I wish Parky wouldn't drop Reid after one bad game because he is streets ahead of anyone else in this side

Oh Nicky Bailey...
  • Options
    We needed a win and we got it. 1st half we weren't in the game, 2nd half we found a but more space and Mooney had two good chances as did Reid before he scored.

Doesn't really matter so much about performance this stage of the season, just the result. Every game everyone plays is either fighting for promotion or fighting to stay up so no game is going to be easy for anyone, hence you see Norwich and Leeds scoring late winners of the past few weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Don't really care about the performance just wanted to win and boy did I celebrate that last minute goal.

I wish Parky wouldn't drop Reid after one bad game because he is streets ahead of anyone else in this side

Oh Nicky Bailey...
    I wasn't there last night but he's not streets ahead of anybody. He was poor against Brighton and perhaps dropping him had the right effect.

I get your point though, we have a better balance with him there and more of a threat down the left. Just think you can't assume he'd play as well as that if he started. Like Parky pointed out, he came on against tiring defenders. And after being dropped, he had a point to prove.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Don't really care about the performance just wanted to win and boy did I celebrate that last minute goal.

Oh Nicky Bailey...
    I wasn't there last night but he's not streets ahead of anybody. He was poor against Brighton and perhaps dropping him had the right effect.

I get your point though, we have a better balance with him there and more of a threat down the left. Just think you can't assume he'd play as well as that if he started. Like Parky pointed out, he came on against tiring defenders. And after being dropped, he had a point to prove.

He was last night
  • Options
    Sounds a bit like Wagstaff (obviously a bit better though) in that stick him against tired, panicked defences and he'll tear them to bits but playing against a prepared and experienced fullback and he'll struggle slightly. I seem to remember the commentators commenting on his good partnership with Jackson, so good call there Parky sounds like two DECENT loan signings.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]He was last night
    Fair enough, I thought he was suggesting he's by far our most talented player, which wouldn't be true.
    [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]Sounds a bit like Wagstaff (obviously a bit better though) in that stick him against tired, panicked defences and he'll tear them to bits but playing against a prepared and experienced fullback and he'll struggle slightly. I seem to remember the commentators commenting on his good partnership with Jackson, so good call there Parky sounds like two DECENT loan signings.
    They're quite similar in many ways, both far more likely than Sam to have shots and therefore score, but when there's not much space Sam's more likely to create a chance.

Agree they are both good loan signings, much better than last two seasons in which we signed the likes of Tom Soares, Keith Gillespie, Scott Sinclair etc just in the hope they'd improve on what we have. They're here because there's a gap in the team in their position, not just because they're available.
  • Options
    just got in. If ever you need to know or see what following this football team is all about its games like Sarfend away. Football was pony, but meeting peeps you aint seen for ages having a good beer and a good laugh--------------thats what its all about. O and we won !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]SE10 addick. Accordin to cafc on twitter reid was throwing his top to his mum. An stated a kid intercepted it. You robbed kyle's mum of her sons shirt after his winner! How bad do you feel?

well if he wanted to give it to his mum he shouldn't have thrown it in the crowd!!

Anyway, I haven't got it!!!
  • Options
    Just got in, we stayed out in Southend all night after that one. What a classic away trip, loved it. The football was terrible and I just didn't expect us to pull it off.

Just before we scored our first goal I made a promise to God that i'd do 14 Jagerbombs if we won. He kept his side of the bargin so....
  • Options
    And I'm hardly a kid!!!
  • Options
    Although it's not the place, Ashtray - I'm a little disturbed by you saying you got beaten up by fellow CAFC fans.

Hope you're ok.
  • Options
    Can't stop singing my 'kyle reid' version of 'Daddy cool' today !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Although it's not the place, Ashtray - I'm a little disturbed by you saying you got beaten up by fellow CAFC fans.

Hope you're ok.

snap dont like to hear things like that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Although it's not the place, Ashtray - I'm a little disturbed by you saying you got beaten up by fellow CAFC fans.

Hope you're ok.

snap dont like to hear things like that

Me neither. Hope you are OK. What happened?
  • Options
    I wouldn't give them the beers I'd bought after the game for the journey home on the train so a couple of them got nasty. Absolute arseholes who I didn't recognise.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]I wouldn't give them the beers I'd bought after the game for the journey home on the train so a couple of them got nasty. Absolute arseholes who I didn't recognise.

Oh.............. I thought maybe you'd let them know of your hatred for Nicky Bailey.
    Anyone else hear of or actually see this incident?
  • Options
    Didnt go to the game but not nice to hear Ashtrays comments. My aunt and uncle live in Great Wakering (village just outside Southend) and I have heard via my mum this am that a small group of our "fans" were involved in trouble outside the local pub after being refused admission. No idea if its true, no reason for them to lie. Apparently a couple of them had colours on, hence the id. Seems to have cropped up a few times this seasin.