Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if these 'fans' will be quite so keen to cause trouble in the local pubs at Millwall?!
  • Options
    Where i was;

imag0201.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]I wouldn't give them the beers I'd bought after the game for the journey home on the train so a couple of them got nasty. Absolute arseholes who I didn't recognise.

Were they in Charlton shirts etc ?
  • Options
    I can't believe someone is suggesting Robbie should be dropped. over the last few weeks he has been our best player and make 4 exceptional saves last night to keep us in the game. It was a very bad error but even the best are allowed that. And don't forget the cock up betwwen dailly and Llera before the ball even got to the guy who shot.

Huge improvement in 2nd half - be nice if we could play for 90 miniutes ( or should I say 95!).

For the most part our fans were excellent last night. However I was very diaspointed the way many turned on the team and in particular Mooney after he missed that chance. He should have scored but the crowds reaction in the next 5 minutes destroyed his confidence. You don't have to be a good body language reader to to see that. Mooney's movement is far better than Sodje or Mackenzie and I think we need to apprecaite what he does.
  • Options
    Was in one of the 'Executive Suites', and it looked for a long time that the free food and drink was going to be by far the biggest highlight of the night.

The result is everything, and we clearly looked better in the second half, but we certainly made very hard work of it.

Maybe Reid might yet prove to be our best signing for a while...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Linky

Extended highlights
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Linky

Extended highlights

Thanks Nathan.
  • Options
    great finish for the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SE10 shirt robber! terrible. im going to tell Matt wright it was you. whats your real name by the way? :-)

did ashtray post under a different name previously?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    in fact SE10 this is tweet :

Shamelessly eavesdropping on Addicks on train.Apparently Reid aimed shirt at his mum but enterprising kid in front grabbed it instead! (RH)

Sorry for going off topic...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Apparently Reid aimed shirt at his mum but enterprising kid in front grabbed it instead!

There we have it. Official!
    Parky can't motivate Reid.

But he knows he better had or else! ....... in front of his Mum.

;o)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No Curb_it. Why do you ask?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]I wouldn't give them the beers I'd bought after the game for the journey home on the train so a couple of them got nasty. Absolute arseholes who I didn't recognise.

Were they in Charlton shirts etc ?

No colours, but definitely Charlton.
  • Options
    An indifferent performance from us again we only got going when we switched Bailey to the centre & played two proper wide men. Nearly left it too late but the results are all that matter now & we won, don't care that Bailey Cheated or that Robbie messed up or even that we played badly for 70 minutes, three points are everything now, performances however frustrating are irrelevant.
  • Options
    Quite a good weekend results wise. Wonder how important Reid's winner could be at the end of the season...
  • Options
  • Options
    thanks- havnt mastered the link process yet
  • Options
    Well happy with the result, couldn't comment on the game as wasn't there. Thanks Rudders for keeping me updated ;o)

Started a top weekend for me, won £140 playing poker on friday(didn't even pay the entry my dad did lol), won a further £109 at coral on saturday, saturday night got smashed didnt get in till 5.30pm, football called off which was a bonus then cinema with the bird on sunday

Happy days!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having just watched those highlights I have a couple of comments

1 - Mooney's miss was shocking
    2 - Their miss from the free-kick to crossbar follow up was almost as bad
    3 - Peach of a cross for the first goal
    4 - Peach of a ball from Llera for the 2nd goal
    5 - Didn't realise Robbie had such a mare for their goal. Looked a lot better shot in the flesh - on the replay it was bread and butter. At leasy he made up for it
  • Options
    Agree with all those points Swis. I was prepared to give Mooney the benefit of the doubt as i thought it just come to him and it was luck that the defender blocked it. But watched it again and he had a lot more time to put it away than i realised.

Still would not join in with the 'off, off, off' stuff though, thoroughly hate that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Agree with all those points Swis. I was prepared to give Mooney the benefit of the doubt as i thought it just come to him and it was luck that the defender blocked it. But watched it again and he had a lot more time to put it away than i realised.

Still would not join in with the 'off, off, off' stuff though, thoroughly hate that.

couldn't hear it from my end (I was up the other end in with the scummy Shrimpers)

Can't say that was justified though - thought he put a shift in on Friday. Just needs to be a little more ruthless
  • Options
    Although i dont get involved with those sort of chants he is the worst striker ive seen at Charlton since ive been watching them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Although i dont get involved with those sort of chants he is the worst striker ive seen at Charlton since ive been watching them.

You can't have been watching very long, then ......lol

;o)
  • Options
    Yep one of the worst I have seen to, hes making it look like Varney was world class with us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Although i dont get involved with those sort of chants he is the worst striker ive seen at Charlton since ive been watching them.
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]Yep one of the worst I have seen to, hes making it look like Varney was world class with us

its all about opinions, but we dont like to here chants at your own players regardless how bad you think they are!
  • Options

Harsh, some shocking misses but gets in the positions, has scored a few goals and we always create more when he is on the pitch imo
  • Options
    Granted Oggy, im only 26.

It is all about opinions Johnny and like i said i dont get involved in the chants. However, my opinion is that David Mooney is a Kent League player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Granted Oggy, im only 26.

It is all about opinions Johnny and like i said i dont get involved in the chants. However, my opinion is that David Mooney is a Kent League player.

Disagree.

Ryman South