Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Run in... bumpy ride or plain sailing?

Comments

• Options
    In reckon 76 points will be enough for the playoffs so win 3 wins and 1 draw is all we need.But I predict we will win the home games against Leeds, Colchester and Carlise and win at Exeter to finsih 5th and play Colchester in the Playoffs losings to a last minute Lisbie Goal in the 2nd leg at the Valley.
  • Options
    Bumpy ride or plain sailing is the question......

The only consistent sides in the second half of the season seem to be Norwich and Southampton with Huddersfield in decent form. All of the top 6 or 7 have had bumpy patches and decent runs; we are not alone. There will be some tight games with the second promotion spot going to the team that ekes out the most points from the key games. Personally, I hope Norwich clinch promotion in the game before they come to The Valley. We should then offer to pay for a beano in Norwich on the Friday night before they play us.
  • Options
    I see a bumpy ride followed by careering off the road into a fatal crash.

That's enough cheerful optimism from me.How are we all this fine morning?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite] The only consistent sides in the second half of the season seem to be Norwich and Southampton with Huddersfield in decent form.

Millwall? 35 points from 43 available since they lost at Norwich on Boxing day.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Millwall? 35 points from 43 available since they lost at Norwich on Boxing day.[/quote]

Sorry.....and Millwall
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]The only consistent sides in the second half of the season seem to be Norwich and Southampton with Huddersfield in decent form.

Millwall? 35 points from 43 available since they lost at Norwich on Boxing day.

You can add Charlton and leeds to that. They have both been consistant but sadly its consistantly bad.
  • Options
    Why is anyone worried about Southampton? They would need to win at least 8 of their 9 games to stand a chance of getting in the play-offs.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Why is anyone worried about Southampton? They would need to win at least 8 of their 9 games to stand a chance of getting in the play-offs.

With their run in, that is very possible. However i think they'll just miss out but only by a couple of points.
  • Options
    Creepyaddick
    Stats on our side last time at The Valley 1990 Quote
    Really ,since when did we call SELHURST PARK THE VALLEY.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Why is anyone worried about Southampton? They would need to win at least 8 of their 9 games to stand a chance of getting in the play-offs.

With their run in, that is very possible. However i think they'll just miss out but only by a couple of points.

We will be lucky to get 6 points from our remaining away games.

Brighton, Bristol Rovers, Gillingham and Yeovil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You've got to say it will be a bumpy ride. But any prediction has to be based on our current form and confidence. With a couple of wins on the bounce a lot of these games will appear a lot less daunting. The big problem though is getting those wins.
  • Options
    Bump.

7 points from 3 games, much better then most predicted. Next 3 will shape the run in, swindon and millwall are starting to get anoying. Colchester nailed on 6th, were 2 points off 2nd with leeds and norwich to come, would hate to do well against them then blow it against exeter. Views changed? More positive? More negative? Really can see the finish line now so whose got enough left in there tanks to take the tape.
  • Options
    millwall and swindon have easier run ins and better form of late than us, so we're play off bound imo
  • Options
    Colchester have a terrible run in

Colchester v Swindon,
    Charlton v Colchester,
    Hartlepool v Colchester,
    Colchester v Tranmere,
    Huddersfield v Colchester,
    Colchester v Leyton Orient,

Huddersfield

Huddersfield v Oldham,
    Brentford v Huddersfield,
    Huddersfield v Walsall,
    Huddersfield v Millwall,
    Stockport v Huddersfield,
    Huddersfield v Colchester,
    Exeter v Huddersfield,

charlton

Southampton v Charlton,
    Charlton v Colchester,
    Charlton v Norwich,
    Exeter v Charlton,
    Charlton v Leeds United,
    Oldham v Charlton,

we have the worst run in, in my opinion

I have only put these 3 teams in as i think it is out of us 3 as the team that could drop out
  • Options
    I think Colchester have a tougher run in and are on a terrible run of form, I think we could beat them next week and lose our other 5 games and still make the play offs.
  • Options
    intresting though aint it all the top teams still have a lot to do bar Narwich in my opinion, Leeds next 3 games are easy but there last ones are tougher,

Millwall still having to play Swindon, and Huddersfield away

Swindon this weekend at Colchester and still to play Millwall

the 2 points are there to be made up but i think our run in is too tough to get there automatically
  • Options
    It is, very nervous, and would love to win the last 6 to get that automatic spot. Millwall v Swindon could prove to be an enormous game. We need to stay close to the front runners, excluding Norwich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I have only put these 3 teams in as i think it is out of us 3 as the team that could drop out

Will you change your mind when we win at saints?
  • Options
    Yes

I really dont want to think about us not even reaching the playoffs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]It is, very nervous, and would love to win the last 6 to get that automatic spot.

That's all we have to do really - winning all our last 6 games should guarantee 2nd spot.
    Shades of Curbs and the class of 98.

It would also mean Leeds and Norwich (if still catchable) would be guaranteed to drop points.
    And Millwall v Swindon draw their final game of the season.

Now where did I put my famous rose tinted specs....?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]It is, very nervous, and would love to win the last 6 to get that automatic spot.

That's all we have to do really - winning all our last 6 games should guarantee 2nd spot.

It would also mean Leeds and Norwich (if still catchable) would be guaranteed to drop points.

;o)

well and truely sitting on the end of your beak there mate, if we win all 6 i will gladly do a forefit as long as it is one that can be done fully clothed doesnt contain a palarse shirt and involve eating anything off of I am a celebrity get me out of here
  • Options

;o)

We need to be above Millwall going into the last game if we're going to go up. If Millwall need a win at home to Swindon to get promoted i'm pretty sure they'll get it. Their record at home to the top sides is brilliant. You wouldn't want to be a Swindon player or fan if they stop Millwall going up.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Post duplicated itself 10 minutes later - very strange!
  • Options
    you doubling up oggster

;o)
  • Options
    Hi NLA, just noticed that myself ......see my edit, above.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]We need to be above Millwall going into the last game if we're going to go up. If Millwall need a win at home to Swindon to get promoted i'm pretty sure they'll get it. Their record at home to the top sides is brilliant. You wouldn't want to be a Swindon player or fan if they stop Millwall going up.

I did post, "And Millwall v Swindon draw their final game of the season."

Millwall have a good record against the top sides, bhut as we've found out ourselves - there's no guarantees in football, lol

But maybe millwall drop points where they least expect to?
    It was only last Friday they managed just a point at home to Brentford, for example.
  • Options
    Millwall will drop points at huddersfield
  • Options
    Here you go Oggy
  • Options
    Thanks, Creepy ........ funkier than my old pair!
  • Options
    Rough and bumpy ride from now on in. Automatic looks highly unlikely to me given our current form but I can`t see us missing out on play offs now.