Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Run in... bumpy ride or plain sailing?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think the problem is that Swindon could easily collect four wins out of their last six games. Home to Exeter, Walsall and Brentford, away to Wycombe. That would leave us needing to win five out of six. Not easy.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]I think the problem is that Swindon could easily collect four wins out of their last six games. Home to Exeter, Walsall and Brentford, away to Wycombe. That would leave us needing to win five out of six. Not easy.[/quote]

Agreed. Millwall, Charlton, Leeds and Hudds in Playoffs. Won`t be easy either.
  • Options
    Glen Holt, Norwich 30-goal striker, "Obviously we're disappointed with Wes [Hoolahan] getting injured this week"

Who on here knew that Hooligan was injured ..... or am I not keeping up?
  • Options
    One more win, especially if against Colchester, should secure a play-off place.

Automatic is unlikely but not impossible. As Seth (I think) said on another thread: we won our first 6 games now we need to win our last 6.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]I think the problem is that Swindon could easily collect four wins out of their last six games. Home to Exeter, Walsall and Brentford, away to Wycombe. That would leave us needing to win five out of six. Not easy.[/quote]

I agree that on paper these look easy games especially as Swindon are in top form. However, every club has dropped points to lower clubs at some point and I would be surprised if Swindon do actually win all four. They might start to worry about their last game at Millwall if things start to go even slightly awry for them.
  • Options
    Nobody wants to play relegation threatened clubs at this time of the season.

Many unpredictable scores as a result of their desperation.
  • Options
    huddersfield 2 oldham 0
  • Options
    So Pardew is now 11 points off a playoff place, with 7 games left.

If we can just sneak an away win on Saturday, not only does that keep us in contention for 2nd place - but Pardew will be buggered.
  • Options
    Just looking at Huddersfield's fixtures again:

Home:
    Walsall
    Millwall
    Colchester

Away:
    Brentford
    Stockport
    Exeter

They surely must be worth a dozen points from that little lot.
    Southampton (max 78 points) won't be able to catch them

If they beat Colchester in their last but one match, that's Colchester out of the playoffs.
    And if they beat Millwall, that's Millwall unlikely to get 2nd place (we hope!).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Colchester have a terrible run in

Colchester v Swindon
    Charlton v Colchester,
    Hartlepool v Colchester,
    Colchester v Tranmere,
    Huddersfield v Colchester,
    Colchester v Leyton Orient,

As NLA suggests, that's a really tricky run in for Colch.

I know our run in looks just as dodgy, but there's not one team amongst their opponents that doesn't have something to play for - including 3 teams fighting for their lives in the relegation safety scramble.

Plus v Swindon, Charlton - and away at Huddersfield, which they must win if they want a play off place.

But you never know with football, funny old game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Colchester have a terrible run in

Colchester v Swindon
    Charlton v Colchester,
    Hartlepool v Colchester,
    Colchester v Tranmere,
    Huddersfield v Colchester,
    Colchester v Leyton Orient,

As NLA suggests, that's a really tricky run in for Colch.

I know our run in looks just as dodgy, but there's not one team amongst their opponents that doesn't have something to play for - including 3 teams fighting for their lives in the relegation safety scramble.

Plus v Swindon, Charlton - and away at Huddersfield, which they must win if they want a play off place.

But you never know with football, funny old game!

keep going mate some one will believe you 8-)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    '
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ha ha, NLA !!

Just sitting here trying to second-guess all the various permutations.

Looking at it logically, we'll consider we will have done well if we come out of our final 6 matches with 4 wins and 2 draws.
    That's 88 points - and probably the best we can hope for.

To win all 6 and hoping a few other teams' results going our way, for us to finish 2nd - is Title winning form and, erm .... a bit unlikely, but you know, 1 game at a time and all that.

But we can only play our own game, so still in our own hands at this stage.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Glen Holt, Norwich 30-goal striker,"Obviously we're disappointed with Wes [Hoolahan] getting injured this week"

Who on here knew that Hooligan was injured ..... or am I not keeping up?

Didn't know that, but i think we've all given up on catching Norwich so it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    It is up for grabs... these 6 pointers particualrly leeds, could make a massive difference and this team has gone on hansom winning runs twice this season...

I like it, and I like a lot more than 3 games ago..

COME ON!!!!!