Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Poll, News, Views and Booooooos....

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]3-1 to Charlton.

Uncle, can you ask JJ to do the golf swing when he gets his brace tomorrow

I doubt he'll even get on. You do mean Saturtday dont you? and not tomorrow
  • Options
    Match abandoned after 30mins when a flock of geese land on the pitch and start attacking the Huddersfield players for unspecified reasons
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]7-6
    With 5 goals from Mooney?
  • Options
    Had a dream last night of a late 1-0 win for us with Forster heading a winner.

Fact.
  • Options
    Think we will pinch a point which will not be a bad result.
  • Options
    a hard fought 1-1 ...
  • Options
    1-1 after taking the lead. Forster
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Had a dream last night of a late 1-0 win for us with Forster heading a winner.

Fact.

I believe in the power of dreams.

The last poster who said they had a dream was WSS (I think it was him) who said before the Millwall game he'd had a dream that Dailly would score.

And he did. Shame it was the wrong end, but he wasn't wrong. Fortunately, your dream is more specific about which end the ball goes in the net!
  • Options
    Going to have to put a bet on it now, even though i've been preparing to put Huddersfield in my acca all week !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicky's last visit to Huddersield ended in a 7-1 defeat...
  • Options
    JT - once you've decided on a bet you should NEVER change your mind.
  • Options
    Trust me Chris, i know that!

So many times.
  • Options
    My head clearly says another demoralising defeat and an increasingly desperate battle to cling onto that last play-off spot but the one thing about supporting CAFC over the years is that they often pull something out of the fire just when we are all fearing the worst. Maybe tomorrow will be one of those occasions?
  • Options
    4-5-1

Same back four as last week, with Randolph in goal.

Reid on the left, Waggy on the right, Jonjo, Samedo and Bailey in the centre.

Start with Mooney up top, Forster can partner him up there from later in the game if things are not going so well.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]4-5-1

Start with Mooney up top, Forster can partner him up there from later in the game if things are not going so well.[/quote]

Like the look of this starting line up except I wouldn't start jonjo in this tough away game. Racon had a good game last week and is better defensively. i'd want Bailey in the most attacking central midfield role and for me, in this game it's either jonjo or bailey. i'd go for bailey.
  • Options
    Pretty sure we'll get beat, then it'll be squeeky bum time from here to the end of the season regarding the Play-Offs.
  • Options
    addicks win in thriller as Forster steps up to plate and scores in a 2-3 epic
  • Options
    Thumping victory for us

Huddersfield booing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]4-5-1

Start with Mooney up top, Forster can partner him up there from later in the game if things are not going so well.

Like the look of this starting line up except I wouldn't start jonjo in this tough away game. Racon had a good game last week and is better defensively. i'd want Bailey in the most attacking central midfield role and for me, in this game it's either jonjo or bailey. i'd go for bailey.

Thats not baileys best position. If your playing one in the hole the best player for the job is jonjo. Just look at the stats to see thats a fact. Bailey arrives late into the box and for all he does good picking out a good pass isn't one of the things. I'm sorry but if you play one forward then jonjo has to be in the team or it dont work. Its been proven time and time again. Also why would want Racon playing defensively if you have semedo in there surely thats to many defensive players. May as well go 5-4-1 and play sodje llera dailly as 3 CB's. Playing semedo and racon defensively is getting two players to do one players job, just to have them in the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree Uncle, Bailey scores by getting into the box from deeper positions unnoticed, either late runs or drifting in from the left, when he was playing there. I really don't think he'd score more despite playing further forward. Can see the thinking that he'd get more shots, but a lot of his goals are through good work from Burton, Shelvey and Sam being ahead of him and him then joining the attack.
  • Options
    If we can get a draw there we should be able to do well in the playoffs.
  • Options
    I've given up predicting results, so I'll have a go at the team instead:

Warner
    Richardson Dailly Asbo Borrowdale
    Sam Semedo Bailey Reid (or Jonjo in the middle and Bailey left if Reid not fit)
    Mooney Forster

COYR!
  • Options
    Charlton 3 - Huddersfield 2 ..... A THRILLER!
    Borrowdale 17' , Racon 45', and Bailey 91'

Start :Randolph, Richardson, S. Sodje, Semedo, Borrowdale, Sam, Racon, Bailey, Reid, Mooney, Forster
    Subs: Shelvey 70', Wagstaff 70', Tuna 93'
  • Options
    Would go for that team , Dailly has been good but needs a rest. Borrowdale scoring ,don't think so,
    not got a goal in his career as yet but got to start some time! Think we will win but no logic behind
    it other than 100% hope:-]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Warner, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Sam, Semedo, Bailey Reid; Mooney, Forster

Oh, just noticed, same as weegie addick!

Somehow think Warner will get the nod in goal - experience and short term-ism and all that
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]4-5-1

Start with Mooney up top, Forster can partner him up there from later in the game if things are not going so well.[/quote]

Like the look of this starting line up except I wouldn't start jonjo in this tough away game. Racon had a good game last week and is better defensively. i'd want Bailey in the most attacking central midfield role and for me, in this game it's either jonjo or bailey. i'd go for bailey.[/quote]

Thats not baileys best position. If your playing one in the hole the best player for the job is jonjo. Just look at the stats to see thats a fact. Bailey arrives late into the box and for all he does good picking out a good pass isn't one of the things. I'm sorry but if you play one forward then jonjo has to be in the team or it dont work. Its been proven time and time again. Also why would want Racon playing defensively if you have semedo in there surely thats to many defensive players. May as well go 5-4-1 and play sodje llera dailly as 3 CB's. Playing semedo and racon defensively is getting two players to do one players job, just to have them in the team.[/quote]

For last weeks game I wanted jonjo to start. I had a moan about it in the match commentary which i don't normally do. But for this week i would start with a defensive team. This is close to being one of the toughest away games we will have all year. Their home record is superb. Keep it tight for the first hour and let the Huddersfield crowd get on their backs. If we are losing or want to go for the win later in the game then I would bring on more attack minded players like Shelvey and/or Forster.
  • Options
    5 am and im up ready to get my 6.30 train,absoultely shattered,hope the boys put in a decent performance today

randolph

Richardson Sodje Daily Fry

Sam Bailey Semedo Shelvey Reid

Forster

altho we know parky wont go with that
  • Options
    Warner, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Sam, Semedo, Bailey Reid; Mooney, Forster this looks the most likely starting 11 to me. I think we could get something today maybe even nick a win, I thought we played pretty well last week despite not winning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tennis60[/cite]Warner, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Sam, Semedo, Bailey Reid; Mooney, Forster this looks the most likely starting 11 to me. I think we could get something today maybe even nick a win, I thought we played pretty well last week despite not winning.

that's the team i'd pick depending on warner's fitness maybe randy in ..... i've gotta small feeling we may nick a point