Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks gazump Lions for veteran keeper

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5083172.Addicks_gazump_Lions_for_veteran_keeper/

Comments

• Options
    “Tony will not be joining Millwall because Charlton have come in and made him a better offer.”
  • Options
    Let's hope he gives Randolph a chance and keeps Warner on the bench.

Can someone arrange a poll to see which us Lifers prefer?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    read the last line. I thought Parky told us Millwall were bigger spenders than us ? Disgusting that the Board are backing Parky once again, you'd think he'd appreciate it.

PS Good signing as back-up but I hope he gives Randolph the nod.
  • Options
    so, no money for a striker then !

numpty.

lets go into the run in with just Mooney & Sodje upfront, because we all know that they are going to score the goals to get us promoted!
  • Options
    Good gazumping.
  • Options
    Last time i saw him was in 'The House' and he was with Bullard, pissed has a fart!....I like him. Havent seen him play for ages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]so, no money for a striker then !
    Please tell me who you'd go for who is going to fire us with 10 goals in the last few games to promotion?
  • Options

numpty.

lets go into the run in with just Mooney & Sodje upfront, because we all know that they are going to score the goals to get us promoted!

calm down, calm down. Still 6 hours till the loan deadline. I am living in hope until then.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    Please tell me who you'd go for who is going to fire us with 10 goals in the last few games to promotion?

akpo
  • Options
    Glad of this. Right type of goalie really - relatively happy to sit and play second fiddle and pick up his money but could do a job if called upon.

an older version of Randolph really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]read the last line. I thought Parky told us Millwall were bigger spenders than us ? Disgusting that the Board are backing Parky once again, you'd think he'd appreciate it.

PS Good signing as back-up but I hope he gives Randolph the nod.

Better offer maybe the promise of games rather than a cash incentive?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

why do they need to score ten goals. Five or six will do for starters !! To be fair I'm sure that neither Golfie or I have the time to trawl through the squad lists of every PL and Championship club and come up with a few names but that is what Phil Chapple is for isn't it ? Seems Leicester may be happy to loan out Howard so that's one for starters.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]read the last line. I thought Parky told us Millwall were bigger spenders than us ? Disgusting that the Board are backing Parky once again, you'd think he'd appreciate it.
    Probably, but a better deal could mean a lot of different things, an option to sign in the summer, bonuses if we're promoted, a guarantee of games (not that we should be doing that) etc. I wouldn't be completely sure better off means we've offered more money.

It also says he was released by Hull, but he's on loan? So which is it? Edit: actually just mentions the loan deadline, I think that's also the free transfer deadline.
  • Options
    Hmm.

I'd like to think they are actually doing that (but who knows at the moment!), maybe we simply cannot afford them. I think we are in a situation like Gillingham were with Dickson, i.e. clubs not loaning to us knowing that we can't afford them at a later date.

Just my take on it though.
  • Options
    Its not down to me to tell Parky who to get in - I haven't the faintest idea who is available, but it is HIS job to know. I wouldn't expect him to tell me what to advise my client that I'm going to see this afternoon !!!
  • Options
    Anyway should be fine for what we need, experienced, hopefully cheap and ideally perhaps happy to come in and just be on the bench. He could be without a club otherwise for the rest of the season, so not a bad deal for Warner himself.

Do Millwall have any injuries to their keepers, or do they just want more back up?
  • Options
    I'd advise them to get a new broker. ;-)
  • Options

numpty.

Even better lets go with 1 keeper and no back up!! Who's the numpty?
  • Options
    Whenever i have seen Randolph play hes been pretty good and i have not had any issues with him. Not sure why he doesnt get more games really. Also is another keeper really what we need at the mo.
  • Options
    We don't know if Parky is looking for a striker on loan but i think we all hope he is. What i will say though is that i'd much rather he'd gone for a striker than a keeper. We NEED a striker but we don't desperately need a keeper as we have Randolph.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One fit striker really, and not really one that can play up on his own. Akpo expected to plough on with a busted toe. I'd go with starting Randolph and Binks on the bench in the hope that he doesn't get injured and use the budget to bolster things at the other end.

It's amazing what you can do with NO MONEY.
  • Options
    Isn't Warner a free agent? Good signing, good keeper but I'd give Randolph a go in goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]We don't know if Parky is looking for a striker on loan but i think we all hope he is. What i will say though is that i'd much rather he'd gone for a striker than a keeper. We NEED a striker but we don't desperately need a keeper as we have Randolph.
    Burton is hopefully back at some point, Elliot might not be. If Randolph got injured early in a game, we'd be throwing on Binks who is going to be released, or an even younger keeper (or even worse, an outfield player). Parky would be heavily critisized for that. It's not ideal but if we can only afford one new player, I can understand why it's a keeper.
  • Options
    If we hadnt loaned Warner and Randloph gets injured, i think the FA would allow us to get in an emergency loan right?....think a striker would have been a better option, hopefully Parky will get one before 5pm today (or whenever the deadline is)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]If we hadnt loaned Warner and Randloph gets injured, i think the FA would allow us to get in an emergency loan right?....think a striker would have been a better option, hopefully Parky will get one before 5pm today (or whenever the deadline is)
    Maybe, but what if we can't afford both? Would we send the striker back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Isn't Warner a free agent? Good signing, good keeper but I'd give Randolph a go in goal.

Yes, he left Hull last month.
  • Options
    DENZIL DENZIL DENZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good signing imo, but he's a pretty good goalkeeper for this level which makes me think that he might well get the nod ahead of Randolph. Also regarding a striker, we've needed one even before Burton got injured! Unfortunately I really don't see Parky signing one, I hope he proves me wrong I do and I would love nothing better than to see a picture of Steve Howard or someone holding the shirt on the website later today but I just don't think its going to happen.
  • Options
    We're the third highest scorers in the league without this fabled striker.

The problems are at the other end where we have conceded more goals than both Brentford and Oldham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]We're the third highest scorers in the league without this fabled striker.

The problems are at the other end where we have conceded more goals than both Brentford and Oldham.

Spot on WSS, our defence has been woeful all season.