Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks gazump Lions for veteran keeper

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]We're the third highest scorers in the league without this fabled striker.

The problems are at the other end where we have conceded more goals than both Brentford and Oldham.

Spot on WSS, our defence has been woeful all season.

True. However, I do wonder if is the lack of protection from our midfield that put's the defence under too much pressure. Too many times this season the opposition are allowed to walk the ball straight through our midfield without any real challenges. There is not enough pressure on the oppositions defence to win the ball back when our attacks break down.
  • Options
    Although I'd like a striker, I agree we need to defend better and start keeping clean sheets. We've got goals throughout the team which can be enough to score a couple in a game, but it's no good if we're conceding a couple ourselves (or in the case of Millwall, 4 in both games...).
  • Options
    I've always liked Warner,....I doubt he's been bought in to play second fiddle to Randolph and I've no problem with that, to be honest for me he starts.
  • Options
    Oddly his middle name is Randolph. Just thought I'd throw that in.
  • Options
    Generic won't believe it til it's on the OS comment
  • Options
    And Darren's middle name is Warner.
  • Options
    Agree about our defence, however injurys and suspensions havent helped. Plus our defence always seem to be under the cosh as we dont retain possesion going forward enough and allow teams to come at us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    True. However, I do wonder if is the lack of protection from our midfield that put's the defence under too much pressure. Too many times this season the opposition are allowed to walk the ball straight through our midfield without any real challenges. There is not enough pressure on the oppositions defence to win the ball back when our attacks break down.
    That's also a good point, our midfield just aren't good at winning the ball. I don't think it's down to a lack of effort, the likes of Sam, Reid and Racon aren't those types of players, and I've often seen Bailey misjudge when or how he should close down, Semedo's not actually great at closing down himself, more picking up the pieces.

Would anyone describe any of our midfielders as aggressive? I wouldn't, not even Bailey and Semedo. Our best players at winning the ball in the midfield were probably Parker and Kishishev, who had that bit of aggression needed. They probably read the game defensively better as well, something our midfield don't do well either.
  • Options
    "...And Darren's middle name is Warner."

Same person?
  • Options
    A good signing. I can see Warner starting. Looking ahead I can also see us signing him to a permanent contract. Isn't Randolph out of contract at end of season? Elliot has this injury but has also been inconsistent this season. Elliot probably needs an experienced pro at the club to help him develop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agent Warner will do a good job for us...oopps, sorry, I mean you.

He was in the crowd with Millwall on Monday night cheering the team on and starting songs along with 3 other players.
  • Options
    At Liverpool he earned the nickname Tony Bonus, due to him receiving many win bonuses as a non-playing substitute, without ever playing a senior game for the club.
    Anthony Randolph "Tony" Warner
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Agent Warner will do a good job for us...oopps, sorry, I mean you.

He was in the crowd with Millwall on Monday night cheering the team on and starting songs along with 3 other players.

So he got his picture done at a fuel station and got walked into the ground with the 300 other fans...?

Take it you were there then!?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    warner? he never gets good loans in .
  • Options
    "But financially Charlton have come in way, way above us.

"That's the nature of their club at the moment and we're doing very well to be competing with them."

Someone's lying somewhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Agent Warner will do a good job for us...oopps, sorry, I mean you.

Blimey - How many of your 300 supporters were staff ? Seems like when you include the squad etc, you had more there on the payroll than supporting :-)
  • Options
    that goalkeeper has clown ways.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]that goalkeeper has clown ways.

He'll fit in well with the rest of the back four then at Clowntown :-)
  • Options
    Warner is pony, he is very error prone. Really hope Randolph gets a start and Warner is saved for emergencies!

If Warner starts ahaead of Randolph, Parky has lost it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Col U sign Franck Queudrue
  • Options
    Thats a coup for Colchester, he got player of the year at Brum last season, Thought he would have got a Champ move at least
  • Options
    can play LB and CH too so a good move by them.
  • Options
    Athletico - you don't get your photo taken at the services and you don't get walked in. Pick up your ticket and away you go.

I'd assume the club sorted out Warner, Alexander, Grabban and Bolder away end tickets!
  • Options
    Brighton sign Lee Hendrie on loan.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]warner? he never gets good loans in .
    He won't be on loan, Hull released him.

Not every loan has been good but they've not all been bad either. Reid one everyone can agree is a good loan.
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]"But financially Charlton have come in way, way above us.

"That's the nature of their club at the moment and we're doing very well to be competing with them."

Someone's lying somewhere.
    Probably better off if none of them bring the subject up then. Parky can say they spent over £100k on a striker, something we couldn't do, Jackett can say we spend more on wages.

From the looks of it, they want him as back up, probably aren't offering him much at all. We might be looking at him being first choice.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He's the poor mans David James. Christ knows why we wanted him back. Our goalkeeping staff are good enough as it is.

Saw him play last season up at Hull City in the FA Cup. He was, quite frankly, laughable.
  • Options
    Anyone know of a proven scorer who is available on loan that we can afford? I cannot think of one, will ring Derren Brown see if he can magic one up for us!
  • Options
    is there any thought put in with getting tony warner?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]He's the poor mans David James.

C'mon Groucho no one's that bad...

Top notch performance from Calamity last night I noticed on the tele this morning.