Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks gazump Lions for veteran keeper

124»

Comments

• Options
    I hope Parkinson gives Randolph a go. I am not a huge fan of his but he deserves a run and chance to prove something to himself and the fans. Warner is a very good experienced keeper, but i still think Randolph should be given the nod, even if its just for a couple of games. If he is rubbish then drop him, but got to try him first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]i still think Randolph should be given the nod, even if its just for a couple of games. If he is rubbish then drop him, but got to try him first.

precedent has been set surely, as a charlton keeper you only get 'dropped' if you're injured ......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]i still think Randolph should be given the nod, even if its just for a couple of games. If he is rubbish then drop him, but got to try him first.[/quote]

precedent has been set surely, as a charlton keeper you only get 'dropped' if you're injured ......[/quote]

Booooooooooooo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]I hope Parkinson gives Randolph a go. I am not a huge fan of his but he deserves a run and chance to prove something to himself and the fans. Warner is a very good experienced keeper, but i still think Randolph should be given the nod, even if its just for a couple of games. If he is rubbish then drop him, but got to try him first.

If he's rubbish then we'll let in a couple of goals, lose the match and be at real risk of losing a play-off place.

The problem with all this 'got to give him a go' / 'got to try him argument' is that the management see these players everyday whereas we don't. If you saw him everyday and he kept dropping the ball or suchlike would you really want to risk a six pointer this week-end? Would you also be prepared to take the booing and calls for your head when the fans ask why he played someone clearly out of form? I'm not saying that this is the case for Randolph but remember that the fans have had only 44 minutes to judge him, as opposed to having all week like Parky, Kinsella, Breaker, and more influentially Andy Woodman.
  • Options
    Well said.