Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Let now worry about next season once this one is decided. Don't look any further than may for now. Squad and budget decisions have been made and can't be changed now, so let's focus on what we have and how we perform to our maximium over the next month.

Things change in football so quickly, there will be plenty of time to analyse the big picture in a few weeks time
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Can't comment on the performance as I wasn't there. As far as I am concerned 1-1 away at Hudderfield is a decent result.

We need to accept that the free-flowing football of the start of the season is unlikely to resurface between now and the end of the season.

Its 100% about results now. Dig in. Grind them out. If we make a chance I'd back Forster to score more than I would any other striker we have at the club at present.

I'm surprisingly optimistic.
  • Options
    Parky on bbc london said barring the loans and warner we had only 12 fit players.

Shades of that year we blew it after losing at man u in the cup.

In isolation its not a bad result but we need more especially at home.

Not sure how anyone can predict what will happen given how it changes weekly.
  • Options
    Unbelievable that automatic promotion is within our grasp after our dreadful form recently but it is and we have some hope at least of getting there.

Looks like The Spanners are favorites at this stage to take second place and if they are in the top two then there is nobody left in that top six that we need to be scared of.

Time is running out so Parky needs to get the balance of the team right and find a way of bringing Shelvey back in to try and spark us again.

I would go for....

Randolph
    Richardson - Dailly - Sodje - Anybody who can stay fit
    Bailey - Shelvey - Semedo - Reid
    Forster - Mooney
  • Options
    All the focus will be on millwall and leeds, hopefully we can do what millwall did and just keep going and sneak in the back door a win on sat will really light the fuse paper.. norwich are home and dry, so its one from 3 for the 2nd auto, can't see the top 6 changing to much over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Unbelievable that automatic promotion is within our grasp after our dreadful form recently but it is and we have some hope at least of getting there.

Looks like The Spanners are favorites at this stage to take second place and if they are in the top two then there is nobody left in that top six that we need to be scared of.

Time is running out so Parky needs to get the balance of the team right and find a way of bringing Shelvey back in to try and spark us again.

I would go for....

Randolph
    Richardson - Dailly - Sodje - Anybody who can stay fit
    Bailey - Shelvey - Semedo - Reid
    Forster - Mooney
    That's another lineup to consider apart from 4-5-1. Sam's not performed in a while and isn't good when the pressure is on. Bailey scored goals when playing out wide and drifting into the box. Shelvey would have more help defensively with Bailey next to him as well as Semedo.

Eventually Burton will hopefully be fit and could start ahead of Mooney.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]All the focus will be on millwall and leeds, hopefully we can do what millwall did and just keep going and sneak in the back door a win on sat will really light the fuse paper.. norwich are home and dry, so its one from 3 for the 2nd auto, can't see the top 6 changing to much over the next few weeks.
    1 from 3 for 2nd place? You mean Leeds, Millwall or Swindon?
  • Options
    AFKA is right - forget about next season. There's a lot football left to be played and going to be plenty of twists and turns. The time to worry about what another season in this league would bring is if and when that happens
  • Options
    Leeds are doing their best to throw away an automatic promotion place, but just as they start to choke Millwall are on an ominously good run of form.
  • Options
    2 for Oggy;

3rd top scorers in the League behind Saints & Norwich [if only we had a striker]
    Along with Norwich & Swindon, we've been beaten the least [6 times]

Still 5th!

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good solid performance really and if only we'd got that penalty in the last minute which was nailed on really

to get a point away at a promotion rival is always a great result

impressed with the little flashes I saw from Forster
  • Options
    Amazed that we are only three points (and a poorer goal difference) off second.

The fact that Swindon started to look almost out of contention only a few weeks ago says everything about how unpredictable it is.

Who knows? Maybe this is finally our year to finish strongly, and Millwall must be due a wobble soon.
  • Options
    Said before the game is was a must not lose game and we didn't lose.

Still 6 point gap from Huddersfield, and we're 3 points behind Leeds. Colchester drawing at home to Wycombe was also a bonus so not a bad day tbh.

Millwall were always going to beat Stockport at home.

So reasonably pleased.
  • Options
    Good points BRE..but we are beginning to run out of time and that coupled with our poor form doesn't bode well.
  • Options
    Also, I would add that perhaps Millwall have peaked too soon and if we can win the majority of our home games then we are up because Leeds have bottled it for the 3rd season in a row.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Also, I would add that perhaps Millwall have peaked too soon and if we can win the majority of our home games then we are up because Leeds have bottled it for the 3rd season in a row.

Quite possibly, will Millwall start to feel the pressure if they move into second and have auto promotion within reach? Who knows.

What we do know is that we are a hard to beat side but we clearly need to up our performances to turn these wins into draws.
  • Options
    Good solid performance and did what was needed, nice away point which we can't moan at. Both buckshee and I agreed before the game a point was good enough, if we can match 'uddersfield point for point till the end of the season we make the playoffs, simples.

Impressed with what I saw of Forster was good, hope to see a lot more of him in the run in to the end of the season.

How anyone can rate Mooney any higher than total dog s**** is beyond me.

Shame the blatent handball in the box didn't happen a few miunutes earlier, as I think the ref may have given it then, shame he didn't it was NAILED ON.

I'd love to know what was going through Parkys dead with those substitutions.... guys a moron.
  • Options
    were still second.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]were still second.

Leeds fan spotted ;-)
  • Options
    Parky said on radio that ref told him it was a hardball but no intentional.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Good points BRE..but we are beginning to run out of time and that coupled with our poor form doesn't bode well.
    3 wins 2 draws 2 defeats isn't that poor considering how inconsistent every team is apart from Norwich and Millwall. Though we do need to step it up a level to get second. At the moment we should make the play-offs. Not that I'm confident we'd win them.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I'd love to know what was going through Parkys dead with those substitutions.... guys a moron.
    What would you have done? Wasn't there but from what I read on here/listened to Borrowdale was tiring. Forster is 36 so I'd expect him to come off in a lot of the games he'll start. Shame Jonjo didn't come on if thats what you meant.
  • Options
    Just looking at the stats on the Beeb page:

3 attempts on goal, just 1 on target.

Taking nothing away from today's hard working team performance - except only 3 chances created in 90+ minutes is telling its own story, perhaps?
  • Options
    A great away point, brings us within 3 of Leeds then Millwall and Swindon arrive on the scene!! I think we can beat Mk next week and am confident of a win v Carlisle. A win would just give everyone a bit more belief, it is not over and there is much football to be played. Up the Addicks!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I'd love to know what was going through Parkys dead with those substitutions.... guys a moron.
    What would you have done? Wasn't there but from what I read on here/listened to Borrowdale was tiring. Forster is 36 so I'd expect him to come off in a lot of the games he'll start. Shame Jonjo didn't come on if thats what you meant.

Forster didn't look too tired from where I was sitting, we all know what Akpoo and Mooney can do, should have given Akpoo and Forster a chance together.

We're still creating jack and yet JJ still doesnt get on the pitch. LOGIC.
  • Options
    were still second
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]A win would just give everyone a bit more belief, it is not over and there is much football to be played. Up the Addicks!!

Regardless of the quality of football played, perhaps we can bury our prejudice - and in our remaining matches create a constant.uplifting atmosphere?

No more of our "We only sing when we're winning" type of support.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]were still second5th

we're back where we belong!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]A win would just give everyone a bit more belief, it is not over and there is much football to be played. Up the Addicks!!

Regardless of the quality of football played, perhaps we can bury our prejudice - and in our remaining matches create a constant.uplifting atmosphere?

No more of our"We only sing when we're winning"type of support.

Given that we are 3points off the automatic I still think we can have a say in the run in, as long as we can- all players and fans alike summon up the Charlton spirit. Now is NOT the time for whinging and griping- NOW is the time to go for it, shout loud and proud and be the 12th man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Now is NOT the time for whinging and griping- NOW is the time to go for it, shout loud and proud and be the 12th man.

We are the 12th man.

Well said, Pilchard!