Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Post Match Views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    i know your kids are young mate but i think a lot of people would be proud of my son, after Millwall i couldn't bare another away game this season.Joe says can we go MK Dons dad it will be a new ground, i said nope we will only lose, don't matter Dad we are Charlton.
  • Options
    wish i had joes love for charlton still,well done joe i say
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i know your kids are young mate but i think a lot of people would be proud of my son, after Millwall i couldn't bare another away game this season.Joe says can we go MK Dons dad it will be a new ground, i said nope we will only lose, don't matter Dad we are Charlton.

Thats proper you've got to go now
  • Options
    yep buying tickets tomorrow,but im starting to think im a bock
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Good stuff from mini steve .....
    just had my 9 year old nephew round and he was proud to tell me he told some millwall kid who was giving it
    'you've been waiting 14 years, in fact since you were born to be above us, you must be so excited' .... the millwall lad soon shut up

*** all facts and figures provided courtesy of his uncle***
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    *** all facts and figures provided courtesy of his uncle***

Uncle's are the best ;-)
  • Options
    New youngster soon to posting on here by the name of NEFF-YOOHAAH dealing in FACTS for the future! (me thinks?)
  • Options
    I'm pretty encouraged by what I've read here.
    I seem to recall that after the home game against this lot, people were saying something like "we'll have to play a lot better up there". Well we went there without Bailey, Elliot and Burton, and with loan players, one of whom only pitched up on Friday. Borrowdale, according to Parky, was suffering from a virus during the week, so did damn well just to last as long as he did.
    I'm a bit disappointed that JonJo still isnt getting a look in, but yesterday and last week may have been down to circumstances. Parky probably knew in advance that Borrowdale and Forster would need to be subbed.
    Kyel Reid overall has been a good call by Parky hasnt he?
    Great rant about the booers, cafc_se7
  • Options
    Agree with covered end on page 3, with have some proper dumb followers.
    The idiots were singing to PP to slag 'em off, why?
    It wasn't just them though, we moved at half time to get away from some older fans
    who just wouldn't stop moaning. Parky this, Mooney that, Sodje what you doing, FFS why drive 250 miles and 4 hours to moan?
    We were the better team IMO and I think Bailey could have made the difference although Racon had a decent game.
    Towards the end Forster and mooney were starting to work well together and Forsters experience stood out for me, and if Mooney takes
    it in, they will be good together.
    Dailley only got caught out only once really and had a good game, but the rugby tackle was a bit dicey.
    I think we played very well overall against what I'd consider the best counter attacking team in this division.
  • Options
    Mike- Mooney was not shocking, our muppet fans asking Parky to slag 'em off was shocking.
    Uncle- Agree with Mooney and he may well have found his right arm man in Forster.
    I still reckon we can get that 2nd spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFKA said on the first page of this thread : 'Let's all try attacking it with a bit of belief.'

Hear, hear but perhaps you could tell Parky that. Other than the goal we didn't have another effort on target. Okay, they didn't have much more efforts than their goal either but I'm not really bothered about what they did or didn't do. I do feel like we have to start trying to win some games away from home. We are edging closer to Leeds/Millwall but we need a win or two away from home before the season's end. Okay, you could argue that Saturday wasn't the place or time to go all gung-ho due to their proximity to us and the need to keep them at arms length but there is no need for that approach at MKD or Southampton or Exeter. I can't go next week but I hope to read of a victory or at the very least of us trying to get one even if we ultimately fail. It's gonna be mighty close for automatic and the play-off places and with three tough home games against top six sides we will need I believe at least two away victories to give us a chance of the automatics. Following Saturday's draw I'm fairly happy that we will make the play-offs and that if Huddersfield catch anyone it'll be Colchester but if we are to avoid the play-offs and possible heartbreak we need to be more positive away from home and start picking up three points.

That said I was fairly happy with Saturday and we looked more solid defensively, except down Borrowdale's flank, and if we could have got the ball out wider more often could have caused more problems. Semedo and Racon had good games and the weakest nlink for me was Mooney. Forster was winning flick-on's all afternonn and the ball stuck with him but with Mooney he either miscontrolled it or he wasn't strong enough and was easily bundled off the ball. You may think I am just Mooney bashing because I don't like him but I am not I am just making a fair assessment of what I said.

Last point, Parky after Millwall said Solly is young and not a left back we need an experienced left back hence Borrowdale and yet he replaced Borrowdale with Solly, why ? IMO Borrowdale ain't that great and Solly would have done a better job from the start than Borrowdale. I hope Fry is good there cause once his loan is up I can see Borrowdale going back and I don't think it'll be too great a miss.
  • Options
    Oh, and it's easy to criticize those fans around the drum for some of their silly and frankly ridiculous songs BUT they did also start most of the Valley Floyd Road attempts and the Red Army's and did try to support the team at times. It's just a shame that when these songs were sung the majority didn't join in as that would have given them encouragement to sing them more and perhaps have stopped them from starting the more inane songs. Best way to stop them is drown them out however most didn't join in with VFR and just clapped at the end of it. I don't expect the older fans to join in with certain songs and I don't with some but it amazes me that a large majority can't even sing Red Army or Charlton, Super Charlton etc. What are they, embarrassed that their singing isn't very good ? We're at football not the bloody Opera !!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I hope Fry is good there cause once his loan is up I can see Borrowdale going back and I don't think it'll be too great a miss.
    http://www.whufc.com/articles/20100329/fry-eyes-charlton-chance_2236884_2005819
    Was just recovering from an injury (!) and is joining up with us for training today. Explains why he wasn't in the 18. I expect he'll replace Borrowdale, can we extend his loan or is that not even possible?

Agree we need to go to those away games to win. A draw away to Huddersfield is fine, Exeter certainly isn't. I'm sure Parky will know that though, we had to make sure Huddersfield didn't catch up with us, and for once it sounds like we were a bit more solid apart from their goal.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To be fair to Borrowdale, I don't think he arrived in SE7 100% match fit so lets give him a bit of time to get up to speed before we write him off, eh?

I think the point of bringing him in is he'll be relatively consistent (hopefully), with Solly's age he's very likely to have some good games and also have some bad ones, which we've already seen evidence of at places like Walsall and Millwall. Solly's got a bright future imo but I think this run of games could be crucial to the club's long term future and I'm not sure I want to be taking any risks on 19 year old right backs at left back. His time will come in the next season or two and I think he has every chance of taking his preferred right back spot from Richardson in that time.
  • Options
    All of our loans ( with the exception of Jackson ) have lacked match sharpness when they arrived.Omouzzi proved effective once he played regularly , hopefully Borrowdale will prove likewise.

I believe we can retain Borrowdale as the 28 days was agreed before the deadline and can be converted to 93 days , although I think the R's have a 24 hour recall clause in the following months . I suspect that the fact that they will not be in the play offs and they now look safeish makes it unlikely they will exercise this right .

I like the fact we have acquired Fry as this mean there will be competition for places at left back and could cover further injuries . If Borrowdale returns to QPR we are light in that position again . If Fry is better than Borrowdale then hopefully he will play instead , it does say that he is a centre back who can cover left back , so I suspect Borrowdale playing in his natural position would be preferable. Until now I always felt squadwise we were a Centre back light so Fry ticks that box also. As others have observed a Sodje / Llera partnership would fill us with dread and Dailly has looked tired at times .

Remember we can only have 5 loanees in the matchday 18 so someone will have to drop out each time , I suspect that the sixth person will change depending on who else is available and whether we are home or away.

Likewise I'm pleased Warner was signed as cover and Randolph had the Gloves on Saturday. Our squad looks big and versatile enough now for the last knockings.
  • Options
    Regarding the game, if i'd been offered a point before the game i may well have taken it, but i was frustrated by the fact it looks like the players and management have given up on automatic promotion and are content to sit in a playoff place. We had no creativity no sense of wanting to do that extra to win the game, and as said their keeper made no saves. When we scored the goal and were on the ascendency there was still not the impression that we were looking for anything other than the draw, it was strange.

To be fair to the so called idiots around the drum we were the only one's making any noise and were the ones starting all the usual songs. Shame the others around about were just happy to sit in silence which can be classed as just as embarrassing depending on your point of view. Mind you the Huddersfield programme was a very good read! There was even one bloke who went and sat behind the standing group and then complained he couldn't see, despite the fact there were empty seats everywhere....Strange behaviour.
    Most of that group, go to practically every game home and away and the older ones have done for many many years so could be argued earn the right to express their views from time to time.
    I don't join in with the slagging players off, nor was i singing for JJ, but then that's out of frustration that there is no creativity in any of the games recently and he is a creatuve player and is "one of ours" whoso i can understand it. But i'll admit i joined in with the "Parky slag us off" because i thought it was ironic and funny. Parky made his views clear with his comments that to some of us showed he just didn't get it and was making excuses ala Pardew. If Parky has a right to reply then surely so do the fans.
    Slagging Mooney off was wrong on Saturday, at least he was working hard this time. But the management have to accept part resonsibility for that because of the lack of anything creative we just lump balls up to him which isn't what he's good at, and he's an easy target because he has been recently (justifiably) critisized very recently.

All in all it was an odd game. A good point overall but a performance that can be viewed as either a good solid away performance where we mostly stopped the opposition and we're still relatively safe in a play off place; Or it was a game where we made no attempt to win against a team that on the day weren't great and that showed a lack of ambition and/or confidence.
    I'm with the later i'm afraid because what worries me is i have no faith in this team being able to raise their mentality and performance in a playoff situation, so would like to at least try to see us go for 2nd place.
  • Options
    For the lack of creativity at least we've got Shelvey, Sam and Burton to come back in, they've got a lot of our assists and usually create chances. Then there's Bailey to get on the end of some of them who was also not playing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Looking at the player ratings thread, it is encouraging to see Dailly, Richardson, Racon and Semedo getting decent marks, when all have had poor spells recently. That gives us a solid foundation to work from - get a few of the injured players back, and we just might have the combination of steel and creativity to make a real push for it.

Like many, I'd be keen for Jonjo to play a part, but can fully understand why he is not in the team at the moment when he's so much more suited to 451. That formation just does not work without Burton. The only other option for me would be to play him wide right (but not as an out and out winger) in a 442, ie Reid, Semedo, Bailey, Jonjo. But this only works if Bailey is there alongside him: doubt it would be strong enough with Racon. Bailey and Jonjo could interchange position too during the game. Perhaps this is more realistic now that Richardson is coming back into form, making us more solid defensively on this wing. Then either Sam or Waggy could come on for impact as defenders tire.
  • Options
    Just caught up with this thread. I agree with the general opinion that this was a deserved point against opposition who really never got into top gear. Credit to our boys for that, but it did feel that the extra two points were there for the taking ... and Jonjo rather than the partly-injured Akpo might have made more sense.

Borrowdale was subbed because he was getting the run around in the last 30 mins. I don't think much of him, but needs must, I guess. Wagstaff was the biggest disappointment for me. Once again, he looked like the little boy in a mans' game - reminded me of the games he played under Pardew. He needs to learn to anticipate when he is defending, not react as the ball is played around him. He is seconds behind the play and that is costly even in this league. Also the two late crosses which went behind the goal were very disappointing. One would be fair enough, but to do it again minutes later .... hmmm.

Reid can be a major threat for us in the run-in. There is something about him that I like. He makes things happen. Forster will also be an asset. He has the look of a goal poacher and is leadership material judging by the constant talking and guidance he was giving his new team-mates.

Can we clinch second? Our relatively tough run-in maybe prove to be a blessing in disguise as I think we tend raise our level of performance against so-called better opposition. But we have to start going for broke now ... the 1-1 draws are not good enough if we want to finish at the top of the chasing pack.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 points from a number of the above posts.

Borrowdale wasn't as good, but apparently had a virus in the week. If he feels as sh*tty as I do right now, then I consider he did well to start.

Secondly, we all thank, our all too few, vocal fans and I wish desperately, that others joined in and gave additional vocal support.

However, if they are going to boo players & criticise them in chants & the manager then can you please think again. That isn't supporting CAFC, that is supporting our opponents.

Thank you.
  • Options
    I was in that standing group while the rest of our fans sat there gormless sitting down, no major slagging off of Mooney or Parky was done. Mainly just 'Parky slag us off parky parky slag us off, and singing for Shelvey who should have clearly been brought on
  • Options
    Any songs supporting the team and players that were on the pitch mike?
  • Options
    Reidy Reidy when he scored ;)

We dont have many songs for our players do we :(
  • Options
    Semedo woahhhhhhhhhhh

had one chorus of Oh Nicky Bailey and that was it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Any songs supporting the team and players that were on the pitch mike?

and the answer is?
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    had one chorus of Oh Nicky Bailey and that was it

Only nathan could get it that wrong :-)
  • Options
    lol I knew he would do that

Yeah an airing of the semedo song too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Any songs supporting the team and players that were on the pitch mike?

Plenty, sadly 90% of the people who made the trip, couldnt be arsed to join in, they might aswell have stayed in bed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

Plenty, sadly 90% of the people who made the trip, couldnt be arsed to join in, they might aswell have stayed in bed!

They didn't have time to sing inbetween moaning about each player