Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Forster didn't look too tired from where I was sitting, we all know what Akpoo and Mooney can do, should have given Akpoo and Forster a chance together.

We're still creating jack and yet JJ still doesnt get on the pitch. LOGIC.
    Fair enough but that doesn't mean he was or wasn't tired.

Agree about Jonjo, frustrating he's not even coming on off the bench. Is strange.
  • Options
    Post match Lee Clark
    http://www.htafc.com/page/PostMatchComments/0,,10312~2007372,00.html
  • Options
    "Our performance was average at best and the result was a fair one. As a team we had no spark, no energy, the tempo of the game was far too slow and our decisions were average.

"......I don't think Charlton came here to stifle our attacking play; they lined up 4-4-2 and had chances to win the game. I have nothing against the way Charlton played - my players just didn't play at high enough tempo to win the game."

Reminds me of when we're in the Prem ......every team played poorly against us, lol
  • Options
    Not an exciting game, good pitch but difficult wind. In the first half we played at a very slow tempo and closed Hudds down very well. After half time Hudds had a bit more about them and scored with a goal from a cross from their right, Randolph wasn't to blame, we then put some good passes togather and Reid came in from the left with a good shot & goal. After that it got a bit more lively, Randolph made a v.good save and our attack was a little better.

Overall Randolph was a little hesitent but improved as the game went on, Forster & Mooney seemed to get in each others way and Forster worked well with Reid. Racon & Semedo were a little more tenachious but also game the ball away, Reid was inventive going forward and helped in defence, Richardson worked well in defence and attack, Wagstaff was not that noticable in attack until towards the end. Daley was at fault for their goal as he hesitated when he could have just booted it out of play.

Our tactic of high balls to Mooney just didn't work as Hudds had a giant Centre half, also we didn't play the ball along the ground enough. Don't know why Borrowale was subed as he played quite well and Hudds main attack was down their right.

Overall a fair result but with a bit more quality on the ball we could have won.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Don't know why Borrowale was subed as he played quite well

Obviously you mean apart from when he totally bottled a tackle, leading to their goal?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Overall a fair result but with a bit more quality on the ball we could have won

Lancs Lad, who was your MOM?
  • Options
    HU - that's why I said he played quite well, anyway the goal was Daley's fault as he hesitated, maybe because he was on a yellow, if he had got his foot in and put it into touch Borrowdale would not have been involved, but I agree that Borrowdale did miss a few tackles but Solly was no better.

Oggy - no one, they were all about the same, no one was really good and no one really bad, and that was thing about the game if someone had had a bit more football nouse and skill we could have easily won.
  • Options
    Just saw Reid's goal on SSN - screamer!
  • Options
    Good, efficient, workmanlike performance without ever pulling up many trees though with a bit more composure/fortune it could have been three points today.

Was fairly impressed with Borrowdale today, Racon showed steel and guile in the middle, Randolph faultless and looked as if he'd been in goal all season, Richardson back to his early season highs, Reid really stepped up today to be our main man and Forster ran his knackers off up front and for a little bloke won a fair few aerial battles (considering you are six inches taller than him Dave Mooney take note... it is actually possible for you to leave the flipping ground!)

The goal we conceded was clumsy and needless but the response was very heartening

Difficult to know what to say. Would have bitten your arm off for a point at 2.59pm (especially on the news that Bailey was out) but couldn't help feeling disappointed at the whistle knowing that Huddersfield were there for the taking with just one of those set-pieces/crosses being on the money.

Still can't believe we didn't get the penalty at the end, from my vantage point the arm was up and the ball struck it, total stonewall. Thought Mr Singh had an absolute shocker for both sides today, may as well have walked off and let the players police themselves.
  • Options
    Funny that Forster looked taller than Mooney!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was absolutely apalled by the contingent of fans around the drummer today, if any of you lot were within that bunch of absolute idiots you need to hang your heads in shame!Its quite clear who the boo boys are, its them and i will tell you, alot of you brand parky clueless.....a large majority of our fans are clueless.
    I couldnt understand why they were singing for Jonjo for almost the entire second half!I thought Parkys tactics and substitutions were absolutely spot on!The way we set out was to get a point and thats what we got! I just cant understand how our set of fans who are against him cant get it into their pea-sized brains that we were drawing 1-1 against a side who have one of the best home records in the league, there was absolutely no need to bring shelvey on! And as for Mooney, jeez does that guy come in for some stick from some of our twats of supporters, he ran his absolute socks off today and took quite a battering from their centre halfs, i think his attitude is second to none. The amount of groans and moans i heard each time he failed to get off the floor to win a header......HE WAS BEING MARKED BY A 6 FOOT SOMETHING BRICK SHITHOUSE, he was never going to win a header in a million years.I thought his link up play at time was poor yes, but at other times it was just how i see him as a player, a good honest link up player and i seriously think him and forster could make a lethal pairing! If i was either Parky or Mooney id turn round to our fans and say right i will fuck off, some of them are disgraceful and it fucking annoys me. The bloke behind me had to get up a couple of times to tell that gormless bunch to shutup!Was impressed with nicky... short stocky, quick on the turn for his age, and he cant half hang in the air!
    May i add, although semedo wasnt at his best, it is clear Racon and Semedo are our best midfield partnership. Yes bailey scores all our goals but i simply think Racon is top draw and he looked more up for it today the fact bailey wasnt there!
    I haven't got a problem with Parky whatsoever, but i do think where he failed to make a change was Waggy, he worked hard but towards the end was tiring and Sam could have made a difference, especially as huddersfield were opening up towards the end.
    I can understand how our fans might be angry, nervous or whatever with Parky and our players, but seriously some of you have it in your heads before the game that we have lost. You got to look at things from more than one perspective. And no I'm not saying "were still fifth", i thought the team really showed a battling togetherness today and I'm confident we can string some results together.
    But you lot need to get off Mooney and Parkys back, this is a time in the season when they really need us and we all need to be pulling in the right direction!

MOM. I thought they all played well, but my top three would be Dailly (Outstanding), Racon and Richardson!
  • Options
    Lancashire Lad, Borrowdale was subbed because he was knackered, he was getting done up like a kipper everytime by Pilkington just before he came off. Dont get me wrong though, i thought he played very well. Young Solly matched him when he came on, think he could be a great player in years to come!
  • Options
    cafc_se7 Can you not complete a sentence without swearing. Do you think it makes your rant more plausible if you write eff this and effing that. Not really much better than the boo boys are you ?
  • Options
    Another case of football dividing opinions for me...

Today was classic Christian Dailly, 100% effort, fine all day long in the air, sometimes led a merry dance on the deck

As for Mooney, he was a different player in the second half after I imagine Parky told him to pull his socks up, he barely chased a thing (or indeed jumped for a thing) in the first 45
  • Options
    Uncle, i apologise for the swearing,I'm not one for swearing usually but today that set of fans spoiled what seemed for me a good performance and it has been bugging me all the way home!I love my club and i love our fans but some of them these days just prove absolute idiots to me. Im sure we never used to have this contingent!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Uncle, i apologise for the swearing,I'm not one for swearing usually but today that set of fans spoiled what seemed for me a good performance and it has been bugging me all the way home!I love my club and i love our fans but some of them these days just prove absolute idiots to me. Im sure we never used to have this contingent!

No worries mate its just there was a thread about it the other day. I know exactly what you mean though, every club gets them ay some point it just happens to be Charlton at the moment and West ham for that matter. They will all stop when its going well again
  • Options
    I hope so mate, I thought the boys were excellent today including Parky and his decisions!I can understand why people want Jonjo on, he is a quality player, but under todays circumstances there were no need to bring him on!And because those lot wanted him on they took it out even more on poor Mooney!
  • Options
    I would actually rather see him on with mooney not instead of. Although that is looking increasingly unlikely.
  • Options
    Yer i would too because they are both technically good players (Jonjo obviously technically brilliant), but i feel so sorry for Mooney i really do!I wish our lot would just get off his back, he is sooooo much better than Akpo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Yer i would too because they are both technically good players (Jonjo obviously technically brilliant), but i feel so sorry for Mooney i really do!I wish our lot would just get off his back, he is sooooo much better than Akpo!

Yes he is much sharper and makes better runs thats why i'd like to see jonjo on with him to pick out his runs. I actually like mooney and think he could score quite a few goals over a season. Thing is he will miss a few too but at least he's getting in the position to miss them. Just needs a big shot of confidence and he could do alright
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally agree!
  • Options
    Now I know Mooneys frustrating some times, he gets a few goals, misses a few chances but works hard too. I like Sodje too because he gets in goal scoring positions and also gets the odd goal and is good in the air but which one is better??????? There's only one thing for it................FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Reading some peoples comments who went is encouraging.

We are a difficult team to beat, a point today was brilliant seeing as we now have a 6 poiint advantage with 8 games left to fall out the play offs.

This week we've signed a striker who can score goals at this level.

I'm not saying autos but it isstill very much possible, maybe play offs and if we got to Wembley we WILL win.
  • Options
    Great point I say, really importnat, means we gain on Leeds, are totally in the mix for 2nd and automatic, this league is very phycological as the skill isnt really there for any of the teams, so a bad result for Millwall could derail them, a win for us against one f the bigger clubs and the belief may come back... overall a good wekend for us...
  • Options
    Considering our recent results an away draw (after being a goal down) at Huddersfield has to be considered a decent result. We might be turning the corner.
  • Options
    Plus points:

Randolph looked very assured (great punch, two excellent catches, good throw outs and a decent save at the end)
    Richardson had his best game for ages. Looked strong, quick and got forward well.
    Borrowdale looked ok. Great delivery again from corners.
    Dailly & Sodje were really good.
    Racon wasn't overrun!
    Reid's goal came out of nothing and was brilliantly executed.
    Mooney made lots of intelligent runs.
    Forster will prove to be a good signing.

Not so plus:
    Borrowdale can wander out of position.
    Wagstaff (despite his effort) was woeful in delivery.
    Racon didn't threaten as an attacking force.
    Reid should have been more direct and got some more shots off rather than floating aimless balls into the box.
    Mooney needs to beef up a bit.

On the whole it was a very poor game to watch, almost devoid of penalty box action. However, we were organised and for once looked good at the back (new keeper may have helped there?) We don't have much quality going forward and perhaps should have resorted to Akpo a lot earlier and gone direct as Mooney struggles to make much impact away from home (all his goals have been at The Valley). But the team continues to try really hard so maybe the introduction of Forster can make the difference in the run in. Millwall do look unstoppable though and we're unlikely to catch them.
  • Options
    As I said on the match thread, We're only 3 points off automatic promotion.
    Suppose thats still not good enough for some.......
  • Options
    What a boring, boring first half
  • Options
    The stats just about sum it up

"one shot on target"

but having said that as has already been mentioned it seemed that Parky sent out a team to not loose but to get the draw and with luck nick a win, which the ref denied us that bit of luck.