Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glasgow

F***ing s***hole. Every time I come to this godforsaken place it's p***ing down, freezing cold and windy. Dump.

Comments

• Options
    Wow! And after I got a nice whisper a couple of weeks back from Weegie telling me all of the nice things to see and do there... ;-)
  • Options
    Mrs is up there with my middle one

Says the same
  • Options
    up there for uni.

it's class, just doesnt like you
  • Options
    The quality of banter balances it out.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]F***ing s***hole. Every time I come to this godforsaken place it's p***ing down, freezing cold and windy. Dump.

I was up there for work yesterday, bloody freezing/snowing, flew in first thing in the morning from Stanstead and it was only when we landed that we realised we were at Prestwick airport and not the other one !!, that'll teach me to take a closer look at the booking...........£65 in a cab (and 45 mins) later we were at our meeting.

Train back to Prestwick after cost £3.50 for the flight back in the afternoon.....did pass some fantastic looking golf courses as the train passed through Troon along the coast.

You are right about the weather though.....

They do like their 'Greggs' in the middle of Glasgow as well !
  • Options
    ha ha Eltham Mrs called about 5 mins ago and said that about Gregs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]They do like their 'Greggs' in the middle of Glasgow as well !

And Edinburgh - Rose Street has about 5 just on that road !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]Wow! And after I got a nice whisper a couple of weeks back from Weegie telling me all of the nice things to see and do there... ;-)

Ignore these heathens, Can. I'm sure it'll be lovely weather when you are here. But if not, there are nice indoor places too...

It's actually been a pretty dry winter here, and we've had very little snow. Clearly the weather gods were saving it all up for Leroy's visit ;-)
  • Options
    couldnt agree more. There are nice parts to Scotland but Glasgow is truly the arse end of the world. I would rather be just about anywere than glasgow even Kinshasa.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]couldnt agree more. There are nice parts to Scotland but Glasgow is truly the arse end of the world. I would rather be just about anywere than glasgow even Kinshasa.

Some people say the same about SE London, you know....;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]couldnt agree more. There are nice parts to Scotland but Glasgow is truly the arse end of the world. I would rather be just about anywere than glasgow even Kinshasa.

LOL and to be fair Kinshasa is probably closer to SE London than Glasgow if you know what i mean :-)
  • Options
    Never been would like to, met bird from holiday last year from there she was stunning!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]couldnt agree more. There are nice parts to Scotland but Glasgow is truly the arse end of the world. I would rather be just about anywere than glasgow even Kinshasa

That is the most ignorant post I've ever read. Try the Merchant City for a night out mate, you might change your mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

The worse parts of Glasgow are on another level to anything in SE London.

If you're in a kebab shop in Glasgow after kicking out time and it's filled with pissed up Glaswegians, never NEVER tell the kebab man that you don't like Irn bru!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]couldnt agree more. There are nice parts to Scotland but Glasgow is truly the arse end of the world. I would rather be just about anywere than glasgow even Kinshasa

That is the most ignorant post I've ever read. Try the Merchant City for a night out mate, you might change your mind.

Agree i am ignorant when it comes to Glasgow know little about the city have been ther a handful of times and not liked what i saw. But maybe i should try again.
  • Options
    Glasgow is a complete kack hole. There are no nice parts and it should be destroyed. immediately.
  • Options
    i love my celtic brothers
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i love my celtic brothers

There is always one
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Glasgow is a complete kack hole. There are no nice parts and it should be destroyed. immediately.
    I'm thinking that say Merchant City or Newton are less of a kack hole than some of the charming villages of south east london.
  • Options
    I liked Glasgow. The Peoples Palace, the art gallery, the Wallace collection, some nice bars and restaurants like the ubiquitous chip.

Not been for ages but a real city, a bit dirty and rough in places but it's good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When it's good it's good....when it's bad, it's VERY bad!!
  • Options
    Went with heroin addick for the weekend to see Celtic play, thought it was alright actually. Very clean, nice bars, but some scary tramps - especially when you can't understand a word their screamin at you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]some scary tramps - especially when you can't understand a word their screamin at you.
    Should have stayed away from Parkhead!

Like all cities it's got it's good and bad bits, although as SoundAsa said, it's bad bits are truly awful! It's not as nice as Edinborough (my 2nd fav British city) but it's still a decent place overall.
  • Options
    The difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh is: When you buy weed in Edinbrough youre likely also to be invited to a rather civilised swaree...buy weed in Glasgow and youll be best to remember that English bank notes can cause great anger, in addition when you check youll find your gear has more seeds than Kew Gardens!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]The difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh is: When you buy weed in Edinbrough youre likely also to be invited to a rather civilised swaree...buy weed in Glasgow and youll be best to remember that English bank notes can cause great anger, in addition when you check youll find your gear has more seeds than Kew Gardens!

LOL i wouldnt try and purchase anything of that kind in any scottish cities simply because i know how the scotts feel about English people and i dont fancy being Jacked ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wasn't passing a comment on the people, BTW. Friendliest bunch of people I've ever encountered work in our Glasgow office.

I meant the actual place. It's a f***ing hole, end of.
  • Options
    Well, I'll be there tomorrow.

Flying up from Southampton in the morning, airport to Ibrox (via pubs), watch the game, back to Ayr after the game, night on the razz, stay at mates then lift back to Glasgow for flight home Sunday night

Great stuff!
  • Options
    It might not be the prettiest place on earth (although some of the buildings are beautiful and I loved the parks and the Burrell Museum), but its got bags of character and that's something that endears a place to me. Plus, the sense of humour up there is fantastic - have a drink with the average weegie and you will be laughing your bits off within minutes.

Often some of the grimmest places have the nicest people, don't you find?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite] I loved the parks and the Burrell Museum

Paul Burrell has his own museum!?
  • Options
    Yeah, it's full of all the stuff he nicked off Princess Diana.