Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glasgow

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Well, I'll be there tomorrow.

Flying up from Southampton in the morning, airport to Ibrox (via pubs), watch the game, back to Ayr after the game, night on the razz, stay at mates then lift back to Glasgow for flight home Sunday night

Great stuff![/quote]

Whilst us REAL Addicks will be slapping up the M1 to support OUR team!
    What is it with this Rangers stuff on here...who cares about them and why...it's one big bloody joke as far as I'm concerned, bunch of boring Jocks (with a small percentage of dim-witted English hangers on) going on about disgusting sectarianism....and they want to get into English football....no way, not now, not ever...crap football and crap supporters, for the most part stuck in some destructive time warped delusion which they do all they can to perpetuate.
    Both them and Celtic should be binned forthwith as far as I'm concerned...I wouldn't miss them or their deplorable sectarian beliefs and antics for one second.
  • Options
    What is it with this Rangers stuff on here...who cares about them and why...it's one big bloody joke as far as I'm concerned, bunch of boring Jocks (with a small percentage of dim-witted English hangers on) going on about disgusting sectarianism....and they want to get into English football....no way, not now, not ever...crap football and crap supporters, for the most part stuck in some destructive time warped delusion which they do all they can to perpetuate.
    Both them and Celtic should be binned forthwith as far as I'm concerned...I wouldn't miss them or their deplorable sectarian beliefs and antics for one second.

Because...................we like it, OK mate?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite][quote]What is it with this Rangers stuff on here...who cares about them and why...it's one big bloody joke as far as I'm concerned, bunch of boring Jocks (with a small percentage of dim-witted English hangers on) going on about disgusting sectarianism....and they want to get into English football....no way, not now, not ever...crap football and crap supporters, for the most part stuck in some destructive time warped delusion which they do all they can to perpetuate.
    Both them and Celtic should be binned forthwith as far as I'm concerned...I wouldn't miss them or their deplorable sectarian beliefs and antics for one second.[/quote]

Because...................we like it, OK mate?[/quote]

What, bigotry and religious sectarianism you mean? That's what really attracts you to Rangers and don't try to deny it........get a bloody life D_F_T....though I fear you're too far gone and brainwashed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I wouldn't miss them or their deplorable sectarian beliefs and antics for one second.

Give it a rest mate. Most Rangers (and Celtic) fans are passionate supporters not affiliated to some sort of Loyalist Paramilitary group.
  • Options
    SoundAsa£ you amaking yourself sound a pratt as SE9 said give it a rest

You seem very one sided in your views Bigotry and Sectarianism worls both ways.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My mother was from The Gorbals mate, I've heard this sectarian crap first hand from Rangers and Celtic fans over the years I was sickened by it even as a child............I know something of what I'm referring to here...do you?
    There are very significant and I do mean very significant numbers of Rangers and Celtic fans who are deeply rooted in this stuff and it's a real tangible thing that pervades both the clubs from top to bottom....Who said anything about para militaries by the way....not me!
    Why do you think D_F_T and his ilk take the time and effort and money to travel all that way on a regular basis...because they support Rangers(hardly)....I think you know the answer, to flag wave and be part of the lousy coup!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]SoundAsa£ you amaking yourself sound a pratt as SE9 said give it a rest

You seem very one sided in your views Bigotry and Sectarianism worls both ways.[/quote]

Except I know first hand about this...you don't.
    One sided...it's exactly because I'm not one sided that I can see it...I don't know what you mean.
  • Options
    I'd much prefer to go for a night out in Glasgow than London. It's cleaner, cheaper, good pubs and less attitude.
    The housing areas are generally rough, but no worse than London, but the city centre is brilliant.

Sectarian stuff is pathetic, but no where near as bad as it was. There'll always be idiots who want an excuse to hate others and are scared or find it to difficult to move on.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]I'd much prefer to go for a night out in Glasgow than London. It's cleaner, cheaper, good pubs and less attitude.
    The housing areas are generally rough, but no worse than London, but the city centre is brilliant.

Sectarian stuff is pathetic, but no where near as bad as it was. There'll always be idiots who want an excuse to hate others and are scared or find it to difficult to move on.[/quote]

Well said DR...well said.
    And to get on a plane and travel several hundred miles several times a year(when you're not even from there) just to do so is plain pathetic.
  • Options
    "What the **** have we got to do with Scotland?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    been a celtic fan since a small child,cant speak for others but always been keen on them,my brother more into them.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]been a celtic fan since a small child,cant speak for others but always been keen on them,my brother more into them.[/quote]

nolly...what's come over you....you've actually used some punctuation....you'll be using caps next!!!! LOL!
    Your dad will be proud.
  • Options
    Nice one Sound sunk

Simple thread about another city someone says they are going to watch a football match and you ruin it with bulls**t

Offit - the thread was about the city same as we talk of other things so what

Sound why you whispering me?
  • Options
    Can undertand why this has been sunk....though I'm a little dissapointed in some ways.
    Sometimes one simply has to have the courage of your convictions and speak out against religious bigotry from whichever side of the devide you're from, even if it makes some folk a bit, shall we say........... uncomfortable.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Nice one Sound sunk

Simple thread about another city someone says they are going to watch a football match and you ruin it with bulls**t

Sound why you whispering me?[/quote]

What a strange question read it and you'll see why, I thought it was simply polite and giving you the opportunity to explain some things in private and also to express myself in private too....sometimes it's a good idea isn't it, it allows you to say things that you might otherwise be unable to on the open board?
    It's not altogether unusual is it?

As for bull**** well thank you....and don't get so broken hearted over a post being sunk just to get brownie points, have you never contributed to a thread that's been sunk fella...I bet you have.
    May I suggest it was, if anyone, DFT who spoilt this thread.
  • Options
    my dads proud of me whatever my spelling mate.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Can undertand why this has been sunk....though I'm a little dissapointed in some ways.
    Sometimes one simply has to have the courage of your convictions and speak out against religious bigotry from whichever side of the devide you're from, even if it makes some folk a bit, shall we say........... uncomfortable.

The only person to mention any religious bigotry was you and it was sunk because you took it off topic.

As for your extremely judgmental remarks and stereotyping, they are simply wrong. I like to follow Rangers results and Ibrox is an amazing ground that I'd love to watch Rangers in as much as possible, is this because of the reason you have given, or it is because my family are from Glasgow and all fans. I love how you can assume who does and does not know about the troubles, ah well.

[cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    Sound why you whispering me?

Was it full of stupid remarks and insults akin to those coming from a 10 year old? If so I wouldnt bother relpying trying to defend yourself, he'll only ignore it.
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]May I suggest it was, if anyone, DFT who spoilt this thread.

All he did was say he was going to Glasgow this weekend, it was you who went off on one about it, I'd say DFT has done very well to not rise to your personal attack.
  • Options
    Why are threads being sunk whenever they get heated. Heated descussions were one of the things that made me proud to be a lifer. As i always thought we could have descussions on here and it wouldnt matter what was said as we are all lifers and we are not children and can handle a bit of reality. It just seems like threads are being sunk far to easily and we have lost the freedom of speech.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Why are threads being sunk whenever they get heated. Heated descussions were one of the things that made me proud to be a lifer. As i always thought we could have descussions on here and it wouldnt matter what was said as we are all lifers and we are not children and can handle a bit of reality. It just seems like threads are being sunk far to easily and we have lost the freedom of speech.

Some people can't have a decent conversation or debate without the need to fall back on personal insults.
  • Options
    anyway celtic for the cup!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]anyway celtic for the cup!![/quote]and 3rd place.
  • Options
    il have a small wager they come second if you want?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]

Wind yur neck in, it is a quote from a film, hence the " ". Geddit?

To save yourself, can you tell me which film?
  • Options
    ahhh quotation marks
  • Options
    I was in Glasgow a few weeks back. I enjoyed myself immensely. I am a member of FORK, Friends of The River Kelvin (Glasgow's second river).

Yes there are grim parts but there is also some great Victorian architecture. I ate in a fantastic Scottish cuisine restaurant (yes some Haggis) and had one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

I visited the Forth & Clyde Canal which has been restored along its whole length across Scotland.

Despite the well-known areas of grimness, I found it an interesting and vibrant city.

No I am neither Scots nor a fan of Rangers or Celtic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Why are threads being sunk whenever they get heated. Heated descussions were one of the things that made me proud to be a lifer. As i always thought we could have descussions on here and it wouldnt matter what was said as we are all lifers and we are not children and can handle a bit of reality. It just seems like threads are being sunk far to easily and we have lost the freedom of speech.

Some people can't have a decent conversation or debate without the need to fall back on personal insults.

That annoys me quite allot really as i love debates. If you cannot handle the debate without falling back on personal insults as Stu says above dont get involved in the disscussion it sjust show lack of intelligence.
  • Options
    never leave this forum rupert...........never
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SoundAsa£, I don't think you have a clue and you certainly have no right to judge me. I lived in Scotland for 5 years and I have many good friends there. I like to go to see them as often as possible and we all go to see The Rangers. It has got nothing to do with you at all but I actually enjoy the atmosphere at Ibrox, the pub before the game (and after) and all the fun that goes with it. It is none of your business what I do, this thread was about Glasgow, you ruined it with your anti anti anti views. I suggest you don't read threads that concern Rangers cos you'll give yourself a heart attack, on second thoughts.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I suggest you don't read threads that concern Rangers cos you'll give yourself a heart attack, on second thoughts.......
    OI

This thread had nothing to do with Rangers, Celtic, St Mirren or Partick f***ing Thistle - until YOU raised it. I personally couldn't give a toss about any of it - I started this topic as a humorous way of blowing off steam about the shit weather I'd experienced in a shit town. It was YOU who hijacked the damn thread to start with!
  • Options
    I don't see how DFT derailed the thread, all he said was he was going to glasgow to watch a football match, much like someone else mentioned their wives had gone on a business trip, until someone else pounced all over the comment.