Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your England Squad

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: cafc18[/cite]GK - Hart, James, Foster(3)
    Defenders - Johnson, Brown, Terry, Ferdinand, Jagielka, Shawcross, A.Cole, Warnock(8)
    Midfielders, Lennon, A.Johnson, Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard, Huddlestone, J.Cole, Downing(8)
    Strikers - Rooney, Crouch, Bent, Defoe(4)

Could possibly be the worst England squad ive ever seen!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc18[/cite]GK - Hart, James, Foster(3)
    Defenders - Johnson, Brown, Terry, Ferdinand, Jagielka, Shawcross, A.Cole, Warnock(8)
    Midfielders, Lennon, A.Johnson, Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard, Huddlestone, J.Cole, Downing(8)
    Strikers - Rooney, Crouch, Bent, Defoe(4)

James and Foster ahead of Green?
    No Barry or Milner either?
    Downing ahead of Ashley Young?
    No natural right winger if Lennon gets injured?
  • edited April 2010
    I stuck up for Carrick on this thread last week but was not impressed with him at all last night, he gave the ball away so many times!
  • The United fans get extremely frustrated with Carrick. He was crap last night.
  • edited April 2010
    ... wrong thread
  • Last night confirmed for me that Capello has to take Dawson and King. Can't think of many better centre backs than those 2 at the moment.
  • Club over country.
  • Agree King and Dawson have to go, King may have fitness concerns but he has played more than Rio whilst Terry and Upson have been very average this season. Even if it means taking an extra defender, King has to go- been the best defender in the league in the last month (he has played in all Spurs last few league games)
  • Seen a few question the 3 keepers on here but just to confirm, this is taken from FIFA's regulations for the 2010 World Cup:
    [cite]FIFA[/cite]Each association will then be required to provide FIFA with a final list of no
    more than 23 players (three of whom shall be goalkeepers).

I have heard rumours in the past this rule is because that you basically have 2 teams i.e. 2x11 = 22 and the additional 1 for the squad is a spare keeper making it 23. Not sure how true this is
  • Dawson and King over Terry and Ferdinand all day long
  • Sponsored links:

• The reason they specify 3 keepers is to probably stop requests for emergency replacements through injury or suspensions.
  • Dawson and King is actually an interesting option, considering they play together at club level and would probably slot in pretty seamlessly.

However, it won't happen

1. Ferdinand is England captain

2. At the end of the day, Ferdinand and Terry have been 2 of the best centre backs in the world in the last 5 years, and that class and experience doesn't go away overnight. I would want to give them every opportunity to recover their best form
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Dawson and King is actually an interesting option, considering they play together at club level and would probably slot in pretty seamlessly.

However, it won't happen

1. Ferdinand is England captain

2. At the end of the day, Ferdinand and Terry have been 2 of the best centre backs in the world in the last 5 years, and that class and experience doesn't go away overnight. I would want to give them every opportunity to recover their best form

Agree with this. They have the big game experience for club and for country so will be first choice.