Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Masters

Anyone believe Tiger Woods can win this? Was told by a mate at work to take coral's 9/2 on him to win it. Don't really know much on golf, anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    He's quite possibly the greatest ever player to have played the game, so of course he can win it.

Just depends if he has continued practicing over the past few months. He done alright in the past with multiple distractions it seems!
  • Options
    Yes,he could win it but imo,his off course trouble with birdies could affect his ability to get them on the course. Im going to back one of the Brits,Westwood or Poulter for me
  • Options
    I don't follow golf so can't tell you much on his chances but if you do bet on him, do it at Ladbrokes as he's 5/1 with them.
  • Options
    I can't see it myself. I know he's used to be a the centre of attention and all that but just think this tournament's come a little too soon.
  • Options
    I dont follow it too much but Woods always performs so if he wants it, he will win it!

Usually woods is 6/4- 3/1 at most so good price imo, i dont bet on golf though :-)
  • Options
    Might just chuck £20 at it @ Ladbrokes and hope for the best. Cheers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Might just chuck £20 at it @ Ladbrokes and hope for the best. Cheers

Good luck matey, go with your instincts :o)
  • Options
    Can someone have a look to see Mike Weirs price please?!

Usually makes the cut at Augusta and had a top 10 finish in the Bob Hope Classic on a similar course, so might get a run for my money e/w.
  • Options
    Tigers loving being back, he's chilled out and having fun on the golf course again. He's going to be brilliant this week. He'll be there or there abouts, only thing that will stop him is it's his first tournament back so four rounds may be a bit to much.
    Poulter is a top bet. He's in form, he's got his first win on US soil and he's now working the ball both ways.
    Westwood's could win depending on whether he has a good short game week. Tee to green he's as good as any.
    Els may have a sneaky look in, putting woes seem to have been sorted.
    Don't forget Mickleson either. His short game is best suited to the course and his work with Butch Harmon is starting to come into it's own.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Can someone have a look to see Mike Weirs price please?!

Usually makes the cut at Augusta and had a top 10 finish in the Bob Hope Classic on a similar course, so might get a run for my money e/w.[/quote]

100/1 with few places. generally between 66/1 & 100/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers mate.
  • Options
    Woods has got to be worth a bet at 9/2 - you can just see him coming back and blitzing it.

I don't like him but he is in a league of his own as a player.
  • Options
    Faldo doesn't seem to think Woods has a prayer if you listen to this!

Lucky to make the cut
  • Options
    Faldo is my all time number one sportsman. A true winner. Whilst I am not saying I do not respect his knowledge and opinions, his better days were certainly on the course when he didn't speak to anyone!
    Some of his commentry and interviews (especially as Ryder Capt) have been cringeworthy.
    Expecet to see Tiger in a red Nike shirt late on Sunday night on the BBC HD channel.
    I LOVE the Masters!
  • Options
    Vijay, Zach Johnson, or Goosen for me I think.
  • Options
    You just bought back those cringeworthy memorys of the opening speech.
    Calling Soren Hanson, Soren Stenson and asking G Mac if he was from Northen Ireand or Ireland.

Legend of golf yes! Complete twat...absolutely!

The Masters in HD. Can't wait. Only way to beat that is getting an invite yourself.
  • Options
    Tiger always plays to win of course he can win personally i would have liked to have seen a bit more value from the bookmakers me im going for goosen if he finds some consistency with his putter , the big hitters should do ok ,Ross fisher and Quiros.
  • Options
    Course is lively this week. Playing a bit shorter than normal. Med and Short hitters are in with a shout.
    Saying that if the rain comes in the course will play long again.
  • Options
    The traditional Par 3 Tournament is on ESPN this afternoon/evening. Well in the US, not sure about over here. Anyone know?
  • Options
    Tiger has always got a chance he's that good , but some other guys are on good form , i think Westwood and Woods in a play-off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: drawnablank[/cite]You just bought back those cringeworthy memorys of the opening speech.
    Calling Soren Hanson, Soren Stenson and asking G Mac if he was from Northen Ireand or Ireland.

Legend of golf yes! Complete twat...absolutely!

The Masters in HD. Can't wait. Only way to beat that is getting an invite yourself.[/quote]

HD was invented for stuff like this but why is the BBC showing it in HD from 10.30 or so and not from the start of their broadcasts at 9pm? They are a shambles.
  • Options
    What?
    A thread on Tiger Woods and The Masters, and no Tiger jokes?
    Just golf talk?

Is this really Charlton Life that I'm reading?
    Come on, people!
  • Options
    FAO Shamkat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/genres/sport/golf/schedules/2010/04/08
  • Options
    any golf 'eads reckon mcllroy is worth an each way punt?
  • Options
    Could be.

I would recommend Camillo Villegas.
  • Options
    rory's 50-1 at ladbrokes. i'll have some of that.
  • Options
    Ernie Els has had £25,000 @ 25/1 on himself
    might be worth a punt
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ryan Palmer, stupid looking freaky orange wearing kid, but worth a long shot punt at 200/1 or something for top 5.

Maybe Chris Wood too, £1 e/w, keep the interest up.
  • Options
    Got a couple of shillings on Paul Casey at 25s for this one. Fancy a Brit to come good.
  • Options
    have had small e/w bets on mike wier 75/1, david duval200/1, hunter mahan50/1 & chad cambell75/1. 1/3 odds 1-5.
    live leaderboard