Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Songs that make the hairs on your neck stand up..

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPwjsSlX0M

Some scenes of early East Stand Clapping included early on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Sir Henry, the young fanzine writer was Tony Fletcher who had a fanzine called Jammin' Which i used to sell for him really nice bloke, he also got an exclusive with Sir Paul McCartney which at the time was a real surprise, macca was also recording at the same studio and he got paul to go and sort it out for him and hey presto. he also played guitar in a band called Apocalypse, And Also ran a label, i have also met mr weller and the boys.I Have seen the jam many times and would say they were so powerful as a 3 piece, even when i saw some of the 1st gigs they did. Top band and great records.

I met Tony a few times but the young fanzine writer I was talking about was me. Safe as Milk - south London's finest fanzine. I saw the Jam loads of times after I first say them late 76 at the Marquee supporting Little Bob Story before In the City came out. Always a very tight live band, looked great as well. Used to be able to see them all over at the nashville, Marquee etc. Also saw them at the Rainbow with the Clash when the place got wrecked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]Glenn did it with just his acoustic at the Blackheath concert halls last month. Spellbinding.

And Sir Henry, there's an 50/50 chance my band might be supporting Weller on tour in the late Spring, as he seems to be quite supportive of our frontman, Chris Holland, who used to play keyboards in his band. Which would be nice. Us, Albert Hall, last month, if you're interested.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkhv0XahxsSomewhere else up there is a version of us grabbing Squeeze's Tempted by the throat...

Jon, your band sounds like Neil Young in 1972 (that was meant to be a compliment). Sound like you're going somewhere. WOuld be great if we could get people like yourselves and Luck Soul to play the Valley if they did another of those summer concerts. Maybe supporting squeeze or maybe Weller would fancy it.
  • Options
    Thank you Ben, you're most kind. Don't think Squeeze would reform, even to play the Valley, even though Tilbrook's a big Charlton fan. Difford thinks football (and playing live for that matter) is a bit of a waste of time.

Weller's drummer is a Charlton fan, as well, so who knows?
  • Options
    jvl, any idea what happened to squeeze member john bentley. Used to hang out with john when he was living in bromley,just curious.
  • Options
    He got invited back when they reformed the first time in 85, but apparently he'd forgotten everything so he got dropped after the first warm-up rehearsal and replace by Keith Wilkinson, who'd played bass on the Difford adn Tilbrook solo album. I'll ask Chris H if he knows anything more up-to-date.
  • Options
    Thanks, Last i heard was he went to the u.s. quiet suddenly so lost contact.
  • Options
    Badger, John Bentley played bass at Squeeze's reunion gig at the Albany, which I was so certain would never happen...

But he's now got a pretty unforgiveable sumo-style pony tail hairdo, and similar midriff.
  • Options
    Hello JVL,

Went to the gig,You're right about the hairdo,and he's put on weight,Couldn't believe it.

Have heard that Chris has signed to STIFF Records and will have an album out after finishing up with the tour.
  • Options
    Mr Weegie and I are going to see Squeeze in Glasgow in December - looking forward to it already!

I'll have to see if I can manage my usual Charlton chat with Glenn afterwards...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They were excellent at the Deptford albany weegie.

Sure you'll enjoy the show and Glen Still Looks as cool as ever.
  • Options
    Simply the Best-Tina Turner.
  • Options
    My Way - Frank Sinatra
    The Impossible Dream - Andy Williams
    Adagio For Strings - DJ Tiesto
    Insomnia - Faithless
  • Options
    The Boxer and The sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkle.

great songs in their own right but always remind me of my dad who died 7 years ago.

Almost in tears if i've had a few beers though!
  • Options
    Your'e gonna get your fu**ing head kicked in.

As sung by 2000 leeds fans!
  • Options
    Songbird - Eva Cassidy
    Dance with my father - Luther Vandross

there's a few by REM and Simon & Garfunkle that do the trick too
  • Options
    Recently the accustic version of Robyns - Every Heartbeat just vocals and piano is stop you in your tracks stunning

http://www.myspace.com/robynmyspace - click on WEH live lounge

VFR also never fails to either although it is ruined by the clapping at the end.
  • Options
    Prefab Sprout - thjust about anything they ever did was quality

The Clash - Rock the Casbah

Elvis Costello - Every day I write the book (or whatever the song was actually called)
  • Options
    Down in tube station at midnight-The jam
    baba O'reilly- The Who
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Recently the accustic version of Robyns - Every Heartbeat just vocals and piano is stop you in your tracks stunning

http://www.myspace.com/robynmyspace- click on WEH live lounge

agree. what a great song. I've been singin that in my head all week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flower of Scotland, sung by the tartan army.

Three Lions, sung by England fans at wembley, Euro 96.

Up The junction, as sung by the audience to Difford & Tilbrook at Clapham Grand about ten years ago.

Sunshine on Leith, sung by the Hibees fans after the league cup final last year.

All very emotional for me.
  • Options
    Valley Floyd Road.....twas amazing against the spuds...even had the goosebumps
  • Options
    chasing cars - snow patrol -
  • Options
    Binary Finary - 1999

Paul Van Dyk - For an Angel
  • Options
    1. Wont get fooled again. The Who
    2. Not in Love - 10cc
    3. Agadoo - Paper Lace

FACT = LOCKED ON
  • Options
    4. In a broken dream - Python Lee Jackson
  • Options
    Men of Harlech from the Zulu films is quite rousing.
  • Options
    All along the watchtower-Jimi hendrix
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Leave them all behind - Ride

Nice one.

Though I'd choose the last song of the album, not the first.
    Or something by Curve. Ah....the memories of the early nineties!

By the way, I'll always remember a Curve gig the day before we played away at Blackburn in 91-92. The game in which Leaburn scored. At the gig between two songs I started singing a Charlton song. To my surprise someone joined in. I talked to him for a bit and discovered that he too was going to Blackburn. Saw him around a few times after that but not since.

Is he reading this by any chance? Are you out there, that man?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Curve ah....
    I used to meet up regulary, every week, we all worked locally with Dean Garcia from Curve and he also played for the Eurythmics And Simon Booth from Working week for social curry binges and drinks, both really nice guys.

Both good musicians and also not pop stars.

WOULD I LIE TO YOU?