Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Vs Norwich (Match Thread)

Comments

• Options
    We're simply not potent enough in the final third. Not enough movement and not enough vision.
  • Options
    I bet Leeds can't believe theirs either....I thought Norwich would come and play based upon past Norwich teams always playing decent football but they were spoilers.....we just dominated the top team in this division....nothing to fear and all to play for
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]I bet Leeds can't believe theirs either....I thought Norwich would come and play based upon past Norwich teams always playing decent football but they were spoilers.....we just dominated the top team in this division....nothing to fear and all to play for

What he said.
  • Options
    Sorry, Palace drew 1-1, CAFC player working well today then!
  • Options
    Boo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]....nothing to fear and all to play for

Auto is gonna be tough now, but with this spirit, a playoff win looks more achievable ... particularly because spanners (or leeds if it is them) will be pretty demoralised if they miss out ... and we know we can beat the others on our day
  • Options
    Those stats above were from BBC
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]68% possession.

16 goal attempts, 9 on target.

Norwich 3 goal attempts, 1 on target - and they bloody well scored from it![/quote]

What a bunch of C&**(^
  • Options
    We didn't have the luck today which makes me wonder if our luck won't be in for promotion this season?
  • Options
    Bloody typical. 800-odd mile trek across Europe, 5 hours' sleep in two days, no beer... And watch us getting robbed!

No wonder their fans were moaning before the game - if they have to watch that shite every week I pity them - they were dreadful. If our finishing was better we'd have murdered them - story of our season :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]I bet Leeds can't believe theirs either....I thought Norwich would come and play based upon past Norwich teams always playing decent football but they were spoilers.....we just dominated the top team in this division....nothing to fear and all to play for

I think that was partly due to the fact that their two best players were missing. They played it just right, nicked the goal and then shut up shop.
    We should have taken advantage early on, but we played far too slowly, no urgency, and gave them time to get their system working properly.
  • Options
    means we are now due some luck....... positve mate positive....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We're simply not potent enough in the final third. Not enough movement and not enough vision.
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]68% possession.

Norwich 3 goal attempts, 1 on target - and they bloody well scored from it!

Where did you get those stats from fella?

BBC website, match live text, etc
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]We didn't have the luck today which makes me wonder if our luck won't be in for promotion this season?

as curbs always used to say it always evens out in the end....ball didn't bounce our way today.....although we lost having been able to watch us play I think we have as good a chance of anyone so feeling positive
  • Options
    You'll never see a more one sided game. So annoyed but we're only a game worse off than we were last night. If we get the luck we didn't today we'll go up. Keep the faith boys.
  • Options
    Their keeper also made 5 ridiculous saves that were nailed on goals. I'm gutted but will now speak to the lino about the disallowed goal...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]I'm being way too positive today gotta go.....

Oi ...... that's my job!!!!!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Bloody typical. 800-odd mile trek across Europe, 5 hours' sleep in two days, no beer... And watch us getting robbed!

No wonder their fans were moaning before the game - if they have to watch that shite every week I pity them - they were dreadful. If our finishing was better we'd have murdered them - story of our season :(

Well done for making it back though.
  • Options
    Just looked at the run in and Southampton's last four games on paper look winable. They could still blaaady makes the play-offs. That'll really finish me off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Keep the faith boys.

Nothing's really changed in 24hours - Swindon 1 more point, that's all.

Leeds, Millwall, Charlton .... same points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Keep the faith boys.[/quote]

Nothing's really changed in 24hours - Swindon 1 more point, that's all.

Leeds, Millwall, Charlton .... same points.[/quote]

true..
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Bloody typical. 800-odd mile trek across Europe, 5 hours' sleep in two days, no beer... And watch us getting robbed!

Well done for making it back though.

volcano ash still causing issues over there?....my cousin is stuck in Spain and is supposed to run Brighton Marathon tomorrow for charity should I ask for sponsoship back if he doesn't run :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Just looked at the run in and Southampton's last four games on paper look winable. They could still blaaady makes the play-offs. That'll really finish me off.

Allowing for Soton's superior goal difference ..... we need 2 points from 9 for the playoffs.
    And Huddersfield need 5 points from 9.

If Soton draw just 1 match of their last 4, then we're already qualified, and Huddersfield (who play Stockport next) need just 3 points from 3 games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We're simply not potent enough in the final third. Not enough movement and not enough vision.
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]68% possession.

Norwich 3 goal attempts, 1 on target - and they bloody well scored from it!

Where did you get those stats from fella?

BBC website, match live text, etc

Watched the game Oggy. We huffed and we puffed and their keeper made one very good save from Burton. Other than that, I thought we could carry on playing for another half hour and still not score a goal. Only a couple of clear cut chances despite what the stats say.
  • Options
    we have to win a game,huddersfield have same goal difference as us but quite a easy run-in saints have 4 fairly easy games.I'm not happy that Exeter and Oldham have to beat us.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2010
    Their keeper made at least 4 excellent saves. Two from bailey in the first half, buttons in the second half and a great tip over
  • Options
    play like we did today against a lesser keeper and we will win at least one game, if not all fo them.....

very good performance......

unlucky......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]we have to win a game,huddersfield have same goal difference as us but quite a easy run-in saints have 4 fairly easy games.I'm not happy that Exeter and Oldham have to beat us.
    we have to beat them as well and after today's performance I'm confident we'll do that. Happy birthday to the little'un.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Watched the game Oggy. We huffed and we puffed and their keeper made one very good save from Burton. Other than that, I thought we could carry on playing for another half hour and still not score a goal. Only a couple of clear cut chances despite what the stats say.

I watched most of it on streeming too, Queensland ..... I thought their keeper made 4 or 5 really good saves, and other times good positioning which made other saves look easy, and safe hands. He really had a very good game ..... like the Southampton keeper last Saturday, he was the difference stopping us getting a result.

But I know what you're saying, nobody was really trying to bring the ball down, take it to the line and get behind their defence.
    Just lumping it in, hoping for percentage knockdowns.

But you couldn't fault the effort in that 2nd half.
  • Options
    Norwich coped pretty comfortably with what we threw at them, we played pretty well, used the ball well when in possesion & created chances, but there is a reason Norwich have gone up - strong defence, excellent keeper & the ability to soak up that kind of sustained pressure. Most other teams we would have beaten 3 or 4 nil with that kind of possession & effort. As someone said elsehwere, that result didnt (probably) cost us an automatic spot, it was dissapointing performances earlier in the season. We can still do it though, 9 points from the last 3 games is all we can do!!