Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

USER POLL: HOW WILL THE SEASON END ??

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Three games to go, what is the consensus on how the season will end ?

Are we confident, cautiously optimistic, or fearing the worst ?

See the 'KEY GAMES IN THE RUN IN' thread for our rivals fixtures

Comments

• Options
    I'm not confident, think we'll make the play-offs but won't win them.
  • Options
    same as scoham ... we just haven't got that certain steelness/hardness in the team or manager to see us across the finishing line ....
  • Options
    I've voted for blowing out in the play-offs but my pot is usually half empty and recent performances have left me feeling more optimistic about the play offs than I was.

Can't see auto promotion now even if we win all 3.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]but my pot is usually half empty and recent performances have left me feeling more optimistic about the play offs than I was.
    However do agree with that.
  • Options
    For those who listend to my drunk ramblings on Saturday I had a vision, its swindon in the playoffs which we will win, and then a 3 nil win v millwall at wembley, we owe them and if we play anywhere near as good as Saturday against them we will take em to the cleaners. Plus we have the experience for a big game in dailly, semedo, forster etc...

Trust me, relax and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]For those who listend to my drunk ramblings on Saturday I had a vision, its swindon in the playoffs which we will win, and then a 3 nil win v millwall at wembley, we owe them and if we play anywhere near as good as Saturday against them we will take em to the cleaners. Plus we have the experience for a big game in dailly, semedo, forster etc...

Trust me, relax and enjoy the ride.

Adam - was it you who had the dream about Dailly scoring at The Den?
  • Options
    It probs was him weegie, but he was right wasnt he! ;-)
  • Options
    We will win the play offs, relax people, we will beat the spanners on the way too, just to double the fun.
  • Options
    We will win the play offs, relax people, we will beat the spanners on the way too, just to double the fun. Busted flush the spanners, found to be very limited by both yeovil and udders in a week. Very ordinary side, every dog has its day and theirs has been and gone.
  • Options
    I honestly have no idea. If we play like we did on Saturday for the next three games, then automatic promotion is still within our reach. If we play like we did at the Den for the next three games then we might still blow it, although I think we'd have to be pretty unlucky with the other results for that to happen. The most likely result is the play-offs but whether we'll win those? Don't ask me...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we will win the play offs.

I don't understand why people think automatic is still achievable. Of course it is mathematically, but in reality there is no chance. Leeds have two home games against MK Dons (who have given up) and Bristol Rovers with nothing to play for. So even if we beat them it won't be enough. That's without the fact that Millwall and Swindon have more points as well.
  • Options
    Yeh but screamer the fact you say MK Dons have given up and Rovers have nothing to play for goes completely against you own argument mate, under no pressure, teams perform better, Charlton Norwich - last game of the season ring a bell!?Keep the faith, Leeds lost to Gills on sat, they will be nervous, anything is possible, whatever the outcome will be, it will be a hell of a lot of fun on the way!

Come On You Reds!!!
  • Options
    play-offs

i'm hoping we get swindon. huddlesfield get millwall and it will be us vs huddlesfield in the final
  • Options
    I voted for "2nd - Automatic Promotion".

Well, I would, wouldn't I .....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I voted for"2nd - Automatic Promotion".

Well, I would, wouldn't I .....?

;o)

One day your optimism will be right .................................
  • Options
    Do we need this poll? OohAhh has been telling us every week the percentages....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do we need this poll? OohAhh has been telling us every week the percentages....

admittedly i did think this ... and well i am right most of the time ..........annoying as it is !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I honestly have no idea. If we play like we did on Saturday for the next three games..

We'll lose the next three games 1-0
  • Options
    Were gonna win the playoffs
  • Options
    I am going to quick with my pre-christmas prediction of 1st- Norwich 2nd-Charlton 3rd leeds. I tried looking up on here where i made that prediction. Definitely made it on here before christmas sometime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lose the play off semi
  • Options
    Swindon 3rd
    Spanners 4th
    Charlton 5th
    Huddersfield 6th

Lose to the Spanners in the play offs
  • Options
    Charlton 3rd
    Millwall 4th
    Swindon 5th
    Huddersfield 6th

Lose to spanners in the play offs
  • Options
    As it stands currently beat Millwall in the play off final
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]As it stands currently beat Millwall in the play off final

i'd agree with this one, but probably thinking with my heart and not my head. our performances are gradually getting better so hopefully we come good play offs
  • Options
    I'm cautiously confident we'll be successful in the play offs.

I don't think we have a side that is capable of stand-out performances, but i do feel we have a solid unit that will now give us a good base; Dailly / Sodje, Semedo / Racon, Burton / Forster.

Add dependable players like Richardson and Borrowdale, then its a case of hoping whoever plays wide midfield, be it Sam / Wagstaff, Bailey / Reid are in form, and Randolph doesn't do anything silly. Shelvey and Akpo are also the type of players who can change the shape of the game in the final half hour.

I don't think our side is any better than those others in the play-offs, but i don't think it is any worse either. With that in mind, its going to take determined and organised heads, which i think we do possess, and a dollop of luck getting the breaks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Do we need this poll? OohAhh has been telling us every week the percentages....

admittedly i did think this ... and well i am right most of the time ..........annoying as it is !

Well not really as you change the percentages every week : - )

I'm with Aliwibble, whatever will be will be que sera sera
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I honestly have no idea. If we play like we did on Saturday for the next three games..

We'll lose the next three games 1-0

West Ham ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Can really see Leeds bricking it at home to MK & BR. There fans will be so nervous....

Swindon playing Millwall on the last game will be very interesting and has got 1-1 written all over it!

Still think if we win away at Exeter then we really turn the heat up on Leeds come 1st May.
  • Options
    We'll lose in the Play Off Semi-Final. We lack mental strength in the big games.

Just hope there is a silver lining in the Summer.......