Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

USER POLL: HOW WILL THE SEASON END ??

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Just hope there is a silver lining in the Summer.......

stop teasing ... are we not going bankrupt then!!
  • Options
    sorry I'm a pessimist on this one, particularly as we seem to crumble at vital moments, I dread making wembley and getting hammered by Millwall.
  • Options
    if we get to play millwall in the play offs i am confident of victory ... the law of averages comes into play ....although slightly counter acted by the fact they've gotta win a play-offs one day ....
    anyone else we get not too sure, cos of our lack of bumhole
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]We'll lose in the Play Off Semi-Final. We lack mental strength in the big games.

I think that is pretty harsh to be honest. It don't think that could have been accused away to Leeds, Norwich H & A, Swindon H & A or Colchester at home.

Colchester away we get turned over and a couple of individuals had a mare, it happens.

The only time it was a fair accusation was the Millwall away game, and there has been a noticeable turnaround since then. There has also been severe changes to the starting team, only 5 out of that 11 are likely to start on Saturday so i don't think we can like-for-like compare, in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I know what he means but yeah I'm not sure we are any weaker mentally than the clubs around us. No convinced we're mentally strong, but are the rest of them? Millwall I suppose some will argue.

If anything it's the smaller games we've struggled in, breaking down defensive sides, not the big games. Too many draws like Oldham at home.
  • Options
    we don't have that killer instinct , norwich being a fine example , they said come and break us down for an hour and we couldn't
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we don't have that killer instinct , norwich being a fine example , they said come and break us down for an hour and we couldn't
    If we played like that against say Swindon I think we'd have most likely scored. Norwich are the best team in the league.

Play like that from the start in a more open game and we'd probably get the important first goal.
  • Options
    we're hardly scoring for fun tho are we, 7 games since we've netted 2 ... the binary boys are back in town
  • Options
    we will win our last 3 games no problem can see the rest slipping up and we will nick 2nd place going up goingup going up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we're hardly scoring for fun tho are we, 7 games since we've netted 2 ... the binary boys are back in town
    Not conceding either which will always give us a chance. Still waiting to see Forster have a few decent shots. Burton back should help us create more chances as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Day in the sun at Play Off final and go home happy and promoted.
  • Options
    Even we surely cannot avoid qualifying for the play-offs now given that we have a better goal difference than Colchester.

I fear we will not have the mental strength over the 3 or 6 matches necessary for automatic promotion or promotion via the play-offs.

I have therefore voted 3rd to 6th lose :-(

Would love to be proved wrong, preferably by finishing second!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If we avoid Millwall in the semi, I think we can win the play-offs, even if we play them in the final.

Leeds and Millwall will have recent memories of bottling in the play-offs and Swindon are playing worse than us at the moment but I still think Millwall would edge us over 2 legs as I just can't see us beating them away.
  • Options
    I saw an improved shape to the side that played Norwich, we seem to have re-learnt how to pressurise a side. I can now see us winning the play-offs.
  • Options
    I think our form has turned around too late to make 2nd place, although I live in hope, so we'll go up via the play offs.

Come on you reds (and Wycombe, Orient and MK)
  • Options
    Lose to Millwall in the play off final
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We don`t score enough goals to win the playoffs. All of our playoff competitors in Swindon, Millwall, Leeds and Huddersfield have decent enough defences AND can score goals. Sorry to say it but I can`t see past the first two games.
  • Options
    Still sticking to my Xmas prediction of finishing third by virtue of Leeds having a better goal average. Think we can beat Swindles or Udders over two legs but not Millsmall. Final is unpredictable...hope its sunny.
  • Options
    I feel slightly sick at the prospect of the play offs.
    The time we played Palace it was all over really by the time we arrived at Selhurst Park.
    The last time, I thoroughly enjoyed Portman Rd and the home leg was just perfect- a hot evening and a packed crowd.
    Wembley?
    I hated every minute of it.
    I watched the game with a knot the size of a melon in my stomach.
    I was bloody miserable & felt shattered by the end.

It was just too much to take.

Of course, should we make it to Wembley again I'll be desperate for a ticket.
  • Options
    The glass is over half full. 55% full at the moment. That's the proportion who think we'll be promoted. Can't be proper Charlton fans. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dreading the play offs to be honest, dont expect us to win them but will still be sickening to lose and well if its the scum that knock us out i just dont think i could take it
  • Options
    Beat millwall in the playoffs. Phil Parkinson given the keys to Greenwich and then get some investment and embark on a successful campaign in the championship.
  • Options
    Just have a feeling a certain old captain is going to upset us in play-off semi-final,also we still have to score goals and overall this season that has been one of our downfalls.If we can not win play-offs would love to see a big smile on that old captains face Peter Shirtliff.
  • Options
    My heart says I think we will win the play offs.

However as a realist I don't think we have a manager who can motivate our team for big games. The Millwalll debacle springs to mind.

So, Play Offs but we wont win them, as it happens I dont think we will get to the final.

I hope I am so wrong!!!
  • Options
    I think our Wembley "record" goes something like:
    W L W L W.............
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bibble.....What about Leeds away, Colchester home, Huddersfield away? They were all good performances you cant just base Parkinsons's apparent lack of ability to motivate the team just on one game!Especially as I thought we were the better side in the first half, the second half, they were just better in every single aspect. Tis as simple as that. Dont rule Parky out!One thing is for sure, if we do go up this season, whether it be automatically or through the playoffs, alot of apologies need to be made to this poor guy!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It will end by the ref blowing the final whistle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I think our Wembley "record" goes something like:
    W L W L W.............

Trust you!
  • Options
    I have my rose tinted sunnies on today and with me emigrating soon I've gone for play-offs and for us to win the final with me smiling all the way to Aus. COYR!
  • Options
    cafc_se7.

Just because I mentioned 1 game does not mean I am bassing it on 1 game, like you cant say he is a motivator because of 3 games, look at the cup games etc. Parky is not good enough, this has been debated on here many times. If we go up it will not be because of Parky!!!

Like I said I hope I am wrong and we win the play off final.