Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

USER POLL: HOW WILL THE SEASON END ??

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ahh forget it, I aint going to argue i just think some people on here are so harsh towards Parky. You just cant accept that going up WOULD be because of Parky. I dont know how you can say it is the players because i cant think of one player who has played a good number of games consecutively without being injured. Its purely bitterness because you never rated Parky from day one and just stuck in your anti-parky world!
  • Options
    Dont get me wrong im not making Parky out to be some sort of godsend here but i dont think he gets half the credit he completely deserves. And as you have already said it yourself, even if we do go up, you still wont give him credit. An absolute joke in my eyes!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]And as you have already said it yourself, even if we do go up, you still wont give him credit. An absolute joke in my eyes!
    The target in the summer was promotion. Parkinson's signings, team selections, tactics, man management and substitutions have played a part in getting whatever points we end up with. Just as his mistakes played a part in the games we lost. The better players we wanted to keep are still here, maybe that wasn't really down to him, but the players obviously rate him enough and get on with him well enough to stay. They could have made transfer requests but didn't.

Some will say a better manager would have done more, fair enough. But if we are promoted that means we have achieved our target. Teams don't reach their targets without having a manager doing something right. So for all that he has done wrong, if we get promoted, he deserves credit for the things he got right. He brought Dailly in, Semedo's having his best season under him, Wagstaff has developed, Shelvey signed a pro contract and later an extension, Youga turned his form around, could go on. If we replaced Parky last summer, a new manager would have gotten credit if he did those things.

I'm not confident we'll get promoted, but just as Parky will be criticized if we don't go up, he will deserve credit if we do. Teams can't win promotion themselves, especially not a team likes ours that isn't levels above the teams around us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I think our Wembley "record" goes something like:
    W L W L W.............

Trust you!

Why do think I got my name ?
  • Options
    Exactly Scoham, of course it will be a disappointment if we dont go up. But what does annoy me is with some people on here.....If we stay down its Parkys fault, but if we go up its the players who are due the credit. How that makes sense, i do not know!?