Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Flag

Comments

• Options
    Couldn't someone at the club get the ball boys to help out, or something like that.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Couldn't someone at the club get the ball boys to help out, or something like that.

Just a thought.

Why always look to the Club and "someone" to do things. Fans should do it themselves

So often you read "we" should do this or that but when Rothko says "OK, I need help that "we" turns into "not me"
  • Options
    So how many do we need to help out and how many have we got? If needed I could possibly rope in a couple
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Couldn't someone at the club get the ball boys to help out, or something like that.

Just a thought.

Why always look to the Club and "someone" to do things. Fans should do it themselves

So often you read "we" should do this or that but when Rothko says "OK, I need help that "we" turns into "not me"

Whatever Henry. Was just trying to offer something constructive. I noticed the ball boys were roped into helping clear the stage from the pitch at the last game so merely wondered if they couldn't be asked/made to lend a hand with this. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My old dear will give it an iron if needed.....

Ill be in the pub.
  • Options
    Thing is, like, volunteering someone else totally random, if you know what I mean like, who already has another role to fulfil isn't really very constructive is it, like, you know, whatever
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]So how many do we need to help out and how many have we got? If needed I could possibly rope in a couple

whisper Rothko, only need 3 or 4 for the little one. Few more for the big one.
  • Options
    Come on Guys, just a couple of volunteers needed.

You'll also get the chance to abuse me personally pitchside!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]You'll also get the chance to abuse me personally

saucy ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]raised the money, wrote the risk assessment, did the first ever one and a few more.

Your turn now.

FFS, this country is crazy. Who an earth made the rule up about having a risk assessment about a flag. You cant make it up!
  • Options
    I agree SE9 but i cant imagine that you need a risk assesment to go to the toilet in most places nowa days. Done my bit and Volunteered just let me know in good time weather or not i will be needed thanks :-).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think you should take Henry's comments with a pinch of salt - he's clearly in one of his "moods" today. Must be the time of the month.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I think you should take Henry's comments with a pinch of salt - he's clearly in one of his "moods" today. Must be the time of the month.

No, just think you were talking bollocks and said so. Get over it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I think you should take Henry's comments with a pinch of salt - he's clearly in one of his "moods" today. Must be the time of the month.

What's bollocks - the idea of getting the ball boys to help out with the flag if the numbers are short? They're already pitchside, have got little to do until the game starts, are young and (probably) enthusiastic. Sounds like a fairly reasonable idea to me. Not "bollocks".

You really should learn to look at the world outside your own bottom occassionally.
  • Options
    Depends on the weather on the big flag to be honest, so will confirm with people tomorrow.

If it looks like it's going to piss down, then just the small flag will do the trick in the North Upper and East.

So lets see what Michael Fish says first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

What's bollocks - the idea of getting the ball boys to help out with the flag if the numbers are short? They're already pitchside, have got little to do until the game starts, are young and (probably) enthusiastic. Sounds like a fairly reasonable idea to me. Not "bollocks".

You really should learn to look at the world outside your own bottom occassionally.

Oh hark at her. Who's got PMT now then?

Take a chill pill, darling
  • Options

Put your handbags away people, time and a place or PM each other if you really want to continue a slanging match noone else cares about
  • Options
    Not sure what's worse - Henry calling me "darling" or getting a ticking off from johnnybev.

It's certainly a puzzler.
  • Options
    L-o-L
  • Options
    Pleased this is making a return. Well done to all involved.
  • Options
    The weather isn't lookng fantastic for Saturday at the moment, the Hales flag weighs in around 25 stone when it's dry, so if it picks up a load of rain it will weigh more, and potentially get ruined.

The small flag however is good to go, will confirm everything later!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but the big flag will be out for the Play off semi, and hopefully we'll get it to Wembley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]but the big flag will be out for the Play off semi, and hopefully we'll get it to Wembley

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]but the big flag will be out for the Play off semi, and hopefully we'll get it to Wembley

Is Wembley an option Rothko? Would they allow it? Would be brilliant to see it there.
  • Options
    I reckon it's doable, would have to be on level 1, and we've got a fire certificate for it, so I think we might be able to pull it off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I reckon it's doable, would have to be on level 1, and we've got a fire certificate for it, so I think we might be able to pull it off

Excellent stuff
  • Options
    Lol, this is getting better by the min, the flag has a risk assesment and a fire certificate, all we need now is a method statement!
  • Options
    Well imagine that flag catching light as it's going over your head in east stand. It's fire proofed as it should, you get a certificate to prove it, and away you go
  • Options

I think it's you that needs to chill out and stop being so self-righteous. Off_it made a perfectly reasonable suggestion about the ball boys, you then went off on one at him calling his idea 'bollocks' when it was anything but as lets face it, they just stand there waiting for the teams to come out.
  • Options
    Can you make sure there's enough supporters to hold the flag aloft before unfurling it as the drooping effect has terrible consequences on my hair - thank you
  • Options
    Lucky your a lady, when it hits us "the drooping effect" effects more than our hair! ;-)

For the record and before you all slaughter me I would like to stress it has not hit me yet.