Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you all love Wednesday clap your hands..

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]It amazes me that he is still 26. In that case, you could be right.

I've no more idea than you, mate ........ but whatever we think about him, the player has a delicate 1st touch, vision and footballing intelligence - and an eye for a goal.

Maybe he's toughened up mentally - and realised if he's going to make a name for himself, it's now or never.
    I feel sure some lower Prem clubs will think he's worth a punt.

He's the very sort of player that Curbs would have signed if we'd still been in the Prem, lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]It amazes me that he is still 26. In that case, you could be right.

I've no more idea than you, mate ........ but whatever we think about him, the player has a delicate 1st touch, vision and footballing intelligence.

Maybe he's toughened up mentally - and realised if he's going to make a name for himself, it's now or never.
    I feel sure some lower Prem clubs will think he's worth a punt.

He's the very sort of player that Curbs would have signed if we'd still been in the Prem, lol

Ambrose is very good at what he does.

The problem at Charlton was that we had too many lightweight players for much of his time with us so when he did one of his disappearing acts or generally minced around doing not very much it rather overshadowed the good things he did.

With the right blend of midfielders alongside him to do the hard graft he can be effective. 20 goals from midfield tells its own story and I bet he has had a fair number of assists too.

It is probably as simple as Warnock having more football nous than Pardew.
  • Options
    quite glad I didn't put money on the palace win. Seeing them stay up and lose money at the same time would have taken the shine off this weekend.
  • Options
    they deserved to stay up they are 15 points better than Wednesday end of.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sheffield Wednesday are a poor side and I can get back to disliking them with an added reason now! Their Owlettes are now 3rd Division in more ways than one. Very happy for Blackpool, really fancy them to do it in the play-offs, they are a quality side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]they deserved to stay up they are 15 points better than Wednesday end of.

As much as I hate Palace and don't want to agree Steve......... but I make you spot on.

If it hadn't been for their financial mismanagement shenanigans, Administration wouldn't have occurred - and they would have finished with 59 points.
  • Options
    exactly on the pitch they thoroughly deserved it, off the pitch remains to be seen the outcome.
  • Options
    Just noticed the Att: 37,121

Is that the biggest crowd ever to watch Palace?
    Only kidding.

* Now that Leeds will finish 3rd on goal difference - and then lose to Huddersfield in the playoffs, there's a mouthwatering Yorkshire derby at Elland Road in the Third Division next season*

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: onestevieg[/cite]quite glad I didn't put money on the palace win. Seeing them stay up and lose money at the same time would have taken the shine off this weekend.

I did and it has, especially when John and Ambrose managed to completely screw up that chance at the end. Thought it was the least Ambrose could do after the last 2 crap seasons he had for us!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: onestevieg[/cite]quite glad I didn't put money on the palace win. Seeing them stay up and lose money at the same time would have taken the shine off this weekend.

I did and it has, especially when John and Ambrose managed to completely screw up that chance at the end. Thought it was the least Ambrose could do after the last 2 crap seasons he had for us!
    Nothing to do with Ambrose. That was all Stern John. What a tool that bloke is - I swear, he is a useless sack of shite. Expect to see him at the Valley next season... for us, knowing our luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I right in remembering that the first time we went down from the Premier league it was Wednesday in the last game and they gave it the big 'un all the way through? Can't be bothered looking it up but if that's so then good riddance. Personally, us playing Millwall and palace next year would be a good thing, more interesting than playing dreadful northern teams, Preston or whatever.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: onestevieg[/cite]quite glad I didn't put money on the palace win. Seeing them stay up and lose money at the same time would have taken the shine off this weekend.[/quote]

I did and it has, especially when John and Ambrose managed to completely screw up that chance at the end. Thought it was the least Ambrose could do after the last 2 crap seasons he had for us![/quote]

I feel your pain Allez, which I hope will be avenged with a damn good thrashing handed out to Millwall in the final.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BrentfordAddick[/cite]Am I right in remembering that the first time we went down from the Premier league it was Wednesday in the last game and they gave it the big 'un all the way through? Can't be bothered looking it up but if that's so then good riddance.[/quote]

Sheffield Wednesday do have a rather cro-magnon bunch.
  • Options
    Well done to Palace they looked a decent side and deserved to stay up.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Palace slapped around, as predicted from me on another thread, high emotions, bad outcome, no tram = bother. horrible club and that St Pauli song is getting boring.

Fair play for the effort and commitment in the performance though, knew what they had to do and did it (just) well enough. Scoring twice made it a mountain for Wednesday.
  • Options
    Singing a song from effing sister act is somewhat pathetic... embarrassing!

nigels from 1.35
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Singing a song from effing sister act is somewhat pathetic... embarrassing!

nigelsfrom 1.35
    ha ha!

You've probably already seen this!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i quite like him personally,evident he likes palace more than weds after today

Local boy, came through the ranks at Palace .... schoolboy, youth team, reserves, 1st team, FA Cup Final.
    It's where he made his name (in tandem with Ian Wright).

Can't blame Brighty for loving Palace, it his club, it's where he started.

Mark Bright.

Not local - born in Stoke

Played for Port Vale and Leicester (and somewhere non-league) before going to Palace at about 25.
  • Options
    Palace were the better team and stayed up.

You can argue that they were the better team because they spent money they didn't have on players they couldn't afford but Wednesday are also in huge debt.

But on the pitch they were better.

Still got a bigger battle to fight to stay in business and at Selhurst but that result will have given them some hope.

Why fans, from both clubs, have not learnt the lesson that running on the pitch in such a high tension game just provokes trouble and gives the police and authorities an excuse to further clamp down on fans - and at Hillsborough of all places - is beyond me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i quite like him personally,evident he likes palace more than weds after today

Local boy, came through the ranks at Palace .... schoolboy, youth team, reserves, 1st team, FA Cup Final.
    It's where he made his name (in tandem with Ian Wright).

Can't blame Brighty for loving Palace, it his club, it's where he started.

Sorry Oggy, as much as I'd love to claim him as ours. We got him from Leicester, where Gary Lineker was keeping him in the reserves. A master stroke by Sir Stevie Coppell, who brought him in to partner and teach Ian Wright.

Pleased to see so many of you gracious in praising Palace staying in the Championship, it's now down to you if you want to renew the rivalry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    as said budgie you deserved to stay up, you have one hell of a battle now beore the new season starts, as with the close season ahead of you,anybody of any note will be sold unless you find a buyer in next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Posted by Henry
    Palace were the better team and stayed up.

You can argue that they were the better team because they spent money they didn't have on players they couldn't afford but Wednesday are also in huge debt.

But on the pitch they were better.

Still got a bigger battle to fight to stay in business and at Selhurst but that result will have given them some hope.

Why fans, from both clubs, have not learnt the lesson that running on the pitch in such a high tension game just provokes trouble and gives the police and authorities an excuse to further clamp down on fans - and at Hillsborough of all places - is beyond me.

Henry, I agree it was unfortunate about the Palace fans running onto the pitch, but they weren't hooligans, they simply got carried away with the emotion. The Wednesday fans however weren't in the best of moods understandably, but even so went ott in going after the players, fortunately for them they did well to ignore big Claude.
  • Options
    was told that two players had already been sold before the game.

May be nothing in it but if you see Speroni and Danns in a hooped shirt soon......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]as said budgie you deserved to stay up, you have one hell of a battle now beore the new season starts, as with the close season ahead of you,anybody of any note will be sold unless you find a buyer in next couple of weeks.

I agree, from what I understand, we now have no management team to paln for next season, and several players out of contract. We desperatly need things to happen quickly, so that we can find out what sort of team we can put out next season.

Mind you at least we have one of the finest academies in football to rely on. ;)
  • Options
    Clint Hill is off to QPR according to the sub-Standard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]was told that two players had already been sold before the game.

May be nothing in it but if you see Speroni and Danns in a hooped shirt soon......

Allegedly Speroni is going back to Argentina for 4 weeks, and has indicated nothing has been sorted re next season, and he wants to return, but I suppose that what you'd expect to hear.
  • Options
    Not in any way defending the Weds fans coming on either nor them attacking players but it was almost bound to happen.

I don't buy "getting carried away with their emotions."

You can celebrate and go wild where you are. To run to the front, climb a low wall and dodge a steward all takes time and a bit of thought. They knew what they were doing and they knew the reaction it would provoke. If they didn't they can't have been going to football for very long.

The police and stewards also need to take some of the blame but ultimately it is the fans of both sides who must take responsibility.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Clint Hill is off to QPR according to the sub-Standard

Clint has been homesick for the north all season, so nobody really expected him to be here next season. Must have the same sat nav as Iain Dowie though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]was told that two players had already been sold before the game.

Allegedly Speroni is going back to Argentina for 4 weeks, and has indicated nothing has been sorted re next season, and he wants to return, but I suppose that what you'd expect to hear.

He's not going to say "I've already been sold to QPR" now is he. ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not in any way defending the Weds fans coming on either nor them attacking players but it was almost bound to happen.

I don't buy "getting carried away with their emotions."

You can celebrate and go wild where you are. To run to the front, climb a low wall and dodge a steward all takes time and a bit of thought. They knew what they were doing and they knew the reaction it would provoke. If they didn't they can't have been going to football for very long.

The police and stewards also need to take some of the blame but ultimately it is the fans of both sides who must take responsibility.

I agree they shouldn't have gone onto the pitch, but emotions do make people do the strangest of things. I wouldn't have done it, but that's as much to do with not being able to do it, due to age and weight.