Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you all love Wednesday clap your hands..

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    im not buying this just getting carried away with the emotion,i saw some go up to the half way line nearly
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: budgie

Pleased to see so many of you gracious in praising Palace staying in the Championship, it's now down to you if you want to renew the rivalry.[/quote]

I am pretty confident there weren't too many Palace fans weeping at our demise.
  • Options
    So funny watching the Nigels running away after giving it. Most had more pace than Alan Lee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]So funny watching the Nigels running away after giving it. Most had more pace than Alan Lee.

I'm just pleased to say, that you didn't see any 'nigels running away' when it mattered, and that was during the 90 minutes play.

Alan Lee may not have much pace, but he more than makes up for it with his heading ability, did you enjoy his effort today Gary?
  • Options
    yeah it was amazing....those 4 yard free headers are my favourite.
  • Options
    Was like watching a Charlton old boys reunion today.

- Ambrose showed some nice touches but flitted in and out of the game. Nothing new there.
    - Varney worked hard, put in an iffy challenge out of petulance and fcuked up two golden chances. Nothing new there.
    - Butterball had a reasonable game, apart from making one major fcuk up that led to a goal. Nothing new there.
    - McCarthy was fairly strong, but still managed to make two or three very rash challenges that could've easilly led to a penalty on another day. Nothing new there.
    - Tom Soares came on, didn;t do a lot - but what he did do he did badly. Nothing new there.
    - Franny Jeffers came on, was there for his "fox-in-the-box" moment of glory but fluffed it. Those nights at Deja Vu etc have clearly caught up with him. Nothing new there.
    - Mark Bright was as excitable and un-insightful as ever, whilst getting splinters in his arse from sitting on the fence. Nothing new there.
    - And then there's "Sooper" Al. Looking smug, taking credit for signing players that were "successful", ignoring the shite he signed and making it clear that Southampton going down was not his fault - but not mentioning his failure to get them anywhere near promotion despite spending bundles. Nothing new there.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]im not buying this just getting carried away with the emotion,i saw some go up to the half way line nearly

had a good view of the "action" and make you right, fair play having a jig in the goalmouth but a small cluster got about 40 yards up the pitch and then realised they were getting cut off from either side and soiled themselves. The OB did not cover themselves in glory there, line full of robocops shoulder to shoulder that did nothing about people jumping through them and then didn't react as you could see the situation unfolding for at least 2/3 minutes.

As for Alan Lee, great heart, great workrate and takes his one chance, you'd want 11 of him on a day like today. Same for Derry as well but he's an odious little twonk
  • Options
    There were only a few of our fans on the pitch today, I had a great view of it from the Upper Tier and some of the Wednesday fans were a disgrace. A middle aged female Palace fan went on to the pitch to prevent her obviously over excited son for getting in trouble. It turned out to be a very stupid move as a MALE Sheffield Wed fan decided to punch her square in the face leaving her unconscious. Abysmal behaviour.

I'm pretty sure the average age of the fans on the pitch was about 14. After the police had dealt with the Palace fans, they just let about 500 teenage Wednesda supporters roam the pitch, completely pointless.

It was a fantastic day out though. I've got no idea why some of your fans are obsessed with us taking St Pauli's song, every song is stolen from other clubs.

Good luck in the playoffs, I'm hoping Millwall win them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]I've got no idea why some of your fans are obsessed with us taking St Pauli's song, every song is stolen from other clubs.

It was in Sister Act ffs lol
  • Options
    that song is friggin awful,fitting really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many Palace were arrested? Presumably there would have been a few, or at least there should have been. Charges from any of the following would've been appropriate;

1. Entering the playing area/surround.
    2. Insighting public disorder.
    3. Being in possession of an offensive stripey shirt.
    4. Public defacation.
    5. Incest.
  • Options
    cafc rah rah rah
  • Options
    ole ole eagles eagles,shall we leave it at that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]cafc rah rah rah

Are you an accountant per chance?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]cafc rah rah rah

nige don't you have anything better to do than waste probably the best day out you've had for a couple of years than spend it on a charlton messageboard? and you wonder why people think you're a sad club.

cheese rolls
  • Options
    Just about every team we have played for the last two to three months have had nothing but praise for the Palace support, especially that annoying song from 'Sister Act'.

The Palace team have responded very well in the last month or so, but the Palace support although not great in numbers has been immence, and as instrumental as the players in staying up.
  • Options
    evidently not .
  • Options
    Haven't you got a spreadsheet that needs tinkering with budgie?
  • Options
    Good support today no question and a performance worthy of staying up

you don't half bite though
  • Options
    Palace deserved the draw. I actually like the chant. Should have been 4 - 3. How much a week does Jeffers get? Does Varney ever score one on ones?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wednesday forum[/cite]Just as useless were the ground stewards. Those by the Kop made no effort to stop people coming onto the pitch and seem to have no coordination at all. FFS - a bloke in a wheelchair made it down the ramp from the North Stand and managed to wheel himself half way up the pitch without being stopped! That about sums up Wednesdays season - we have a pitch invasion by a bloke in a wheelchair!
    LOL!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Just about every team we have played for the last two to three months have had nothing but praise for the Palace support, especially that annoying song from 'Sister Act'.

The Palace team have responded very well in the last month or so, but the Palace support although not great in numbers has been immence, and as instrumental as the players in staying up.
    C'mon Nige, we both know that's a crock of sh1t.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Good support today no question and a performance worthy of staying up

you don't half bite though

I have to admit to being a bit quick to bite, but ask your forgiveness, It's been an emotional day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Just about every team we have played for the last two to three months have had nothing but praise for the Palace support, especially that annoying song from 'Sister Act'.

C'mon Nige, we both know that's a crock of sh1t.

Sorry, but its the way I see it, if it continues next year, you'll have to pop along with some of your Holmesdale Fanatic friends, and experience it, it may change your life. ;)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Palace deserved the draw. I actually like the chant. Should have been 4 - 3. How much a week does Jeffers get? Does Varney ever score one on ones?[/quote]

Wouldn't be surprised if the last one was for Charlton against the Palace 2 years ago. The only one that mattered.