Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brown's 'Bigoted Woman' gaffe...

Comments

• Options
    The women is a clueless bigot, Brown got it spot on and you're kidding yourself if you think he's the only politician to ever moan about someone like her in private.
  • Options
    If you remember the lamentable GWB got done a couple of times by live microphones picking up private comments, as has Prince Charles (talking about Nicholas Witchell), VP Joe Biden ("This is a big f++king deal) and countless others too.

Sky are way out of order broadcasting it but Gordon has been in the game a long time and made a schoolboy error.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]The women is a clueless bigot, Brown got it spot on and you're kidding yourself if you think he's the only politician to ever moan about someone like her in private.

You see I'm a staunch Labour supporter, but I don't think she was a bigot. She was perfectly in her right to raise the questions she did, and I didn't think Brown's response was that bad, but someone was going to f*ck up along the way and you know what they say when you're down on your luck.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If you remember the lamentable GWB got done a couple of times by live microphones picking up private comments, as has Prince Charles (talking about Nicholas Witchell), VP Joe Biden ("This is a big f++king deal) and countless others too.

Sky are way out of order broadcasting it but Gordon has been in the game a long time and made a schoolboy error.
    Schoolboy error...?

We're talking about Gordon Brown, not William Brown...
  • Options
    Only confirms what we already know about most politicians anyway. Most are out of touch, most don't really care about the concerns of the common person and are only really interested in power and feathering their own nest.

Clegg or Cameron will have said similar things about other constituents, just they haven't been caught yet!

Does go to show though that they don't really give a toss about our concerns.
  • Options
    This women is a typical labour voter in a typical labour constituency.If it wasn't for people like her they wouldn't have a bloody party and Brown thinks she's a bigot.

Just shows how confused the labour party is nowadays.

Completely unvotable!
  • Options
    It's not a big issue for me, wouldn't have changed my vote if I was voting for Labour. I understand the issue, but I don't care.

I don't blame Rupert Murdoch for this self-congratulatory drivel about the whole "story", but here it is

Makes me want to vomit
  • Options
    I don't think it's going to make much difference to be honest, I think most people will have made up their mind already and if you're voting Labour you'll see it as a forgivable mistake, if you're voting Conservative or Lib Dem its another nail in the coffin for Gordon. People will make of it what they will.

Clearly a schoolboy error and the actions afterwards are just damage limitation. However it won't affect my vote in the slightest.
  • Options
    This is definitely another nail in the coffin for Brown and Labour. And i've voted Labour all my life. It's obvious Labour do not deserve another term but the problem is we only have Cameron to turn to (the Lib Dems have no chance of winning the election). So we are going to end up with another old Etonian twat like the one currently running London.
  • Options
    They got promoted, what does she want?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How is it a stitch up? How could they know in advance what the man was going to say? Unless of course he is well known for saying such things and they were determined to catch him out. If that's the case, I say good on em, job done, he doesn't deserve to lead the country if he treats ordinary people with such contempt.
  • Options
    Totally agree with Nla quote #6 page 1.
  • Options
    Brown is unelected and un-electable.

Straight fight now between the Eton School Toff and the Westminster School Toff.
  • Options
    Far from a Toff myself of course, being from little ole Eltham. However, reading this thread has raised an example of Bigotry dont you think? There has always been a slightly left leaning bias on this forum, hey whatever rocks your socks Lads and Lasses, I respect everyones "reasonably formed opinions", left, middle or right. But what is all this "Toff" business, what bigotry ! Shame on you all.....
  • Options
    Of course Sky would have released it if it had been Cameron. They would not keep a story like that quiet.
    Even the lefty BBC's political commentator has said that for those who report on politics, this outburst is not a surprise as he is known for this sort of behaviour, but for the general public this would come as a shock.

I dont think this will stop that many labour supporters from voting for the party, but it might make a fairly high percentage of undecideds begin to choose between the other 2 only.
  • Options
    Basically Labour voters aren't too bothered and non-Labour voters think it's the end of Labour. If you listen to the clip he carries on speaking but you don't get to hear what he said. Stupid thing to say, especially as she didn't say anything bad and Sky have stitched him right up, 1-0 to Murdoch.

Every candidate would complain to their aides if they were given a hard person to speak in to in front of the media.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The other deception that GoBro attempts to perpetrate (without much success it must be said) is, when asked about the high level of immigration of recent years (a la Mrs Duffy and a bloke at the factory he's visiting right now), to refer to the "Australian" points system that he is adopting and to talk about stopping immigration from OUTSIDE the EU other than where the skills are needed.
    But the high recent levels of immigration which (justifiably or not) have caused such concern to the questioners (and clearly to a lot of people) are from WITHIN the EU, over which Blair voluntarily gave up even transitional control and for which the points system is completely irrelevant.

Let me add: personally I am not anti-immigration. I am anti-bullshit and this is a matter on which, of course, all 3 of the main parties adopt the same stance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]The other deception that GoBro attempts to perpetrate (without much success it must be said) is, when asked about the high level of immigration of recent years (a la Mrs Duffy and a bloke at the factory he's visiting right now), to refer to the "Australian" points system that he is adopting and to talk about stopping immigration from OUTSIDE the EU other than where the skills are needed.
    But the high recent levels of immigration which (justifiably or not) have caused such concern to the questioners (and clearly to a lot of people) are from WITHIN the EU, over which Blair voluntarily gave up even transitional control and for which the points system is completely irrelevant.

Agree with you, though it's not just Gordon Brown using that smokescreen. They all are. Both Cameron and Clegg have used the "Australian points system" angle but it won't make a difference with EU immigration.
  • Options
    There are plenty of Eastern Europeans not in the EU.. Albania for one, Russia, etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]The other deception that GoBro attempts to perpetrate (without much success it must be said) is, when asked about the high level of immigration of recent years (a la Mrs Duffy and a bloke at the factory he's visiting right now), to refer to the "Australian" points system that he is adopting and to talk about stopping immigration from OUTSIDE the EU other than where the skills are needed.

Let me add: personally I am not anti-immigration. I am anti-bullshit and this is a matter on which, of course, all 3 of the main parties adopt the same stance

Spot on.

The reason he got frustrated in my opinion was he knew there was nothing tangible he could say in defence and that his (and the other 2 main parties) bull**** position had been blown apart by a simple old age pensioner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Spot on.

The reason he got frustrated in my opinion was he knew there was nothing tangible he could say in defence and that his (and the other 2 main parties) bull**** position had been blown apart by a simple old age pensioner!

This is my point exactly.
  • Options
    I think people forget these guys are human, and the unbelievable levels of stress and pressures in a campaign, let alone actually doing the job. Who among us wouldn't vent in a similar situation?
  • Options
    Gordon Brown + Labour are a joke imo

Although that said his blunder is something i do daily :o) , one of the problems of not thinking before you speak but hey ho more entertainment
  • Options
    feel sorry for him over this just venting off like most of us do daily, my wife is a teacher and says she'd be mortified if some staff room comments were heard by parents!
  • Options
    I agree razil, nothing wrong in making a mistake, but you have to accept that just mentioning immigration does not make you bigot!.
    Obviously I do not know the lady but she seems a traditional bed rock labour supporter, who shall we say asked an awkward question or two!

But just because you ask a question, does not mean you support that thought, after all he is the man seeking election and head of a political party, she is fully entitled to challenge him on his political beliefs!
    '
    These so called meet and greet are stage managed,she was 'vetted by one of Brown's PR people, in fact in the car he questions that...... 'bullying claim again'.

As I said yesterday, to run back and claim that there was a 'miusunderstanding' and be grinning like a plastic cheshire cat, looked so contrived I winced!.....

Brown is not a slick, natural, meet and greet politician, this backfired spectaclurlarly, as I posted yesterday the moment the election was lost....... for people that were undecided!.....

But then 'Davey boy' still has time to scew up yet....
  • Options
    Yeah not really arguing about that. Also people also say things they don't mean, say what they think about a person based on a vibe, etc

If you've ever been a victim of gossip i.e. people passing on things that others have said that weren't meant to be heard, its a very similar thing.

Perhaps it is best just never to say things that aren't fit for general consumption, although venting I feel is a way of letting of steam and destressing..
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    what a joke.

"feel sorry for him"

Lets forget that this was a Labour supporter, Lets forget that this is the party that labeled anyone who spoke up about MASS imigration as a"nazi and a racist" now a bigot. Lets just say if the Tory Boy did it blag blah blah. lets say it was all the media.

As CurbIt says had enough of em all. Bag of shi* ,will vote to get the Labour guy out and there is nothing positive in that at all.
  • Options
    I wonder if he'd have any legal grounds for invasion of privacy
  • Options
    LOL nice yes ignore wht he actualy said and do the media for invasion of privacy by HIM not turning his Mk off.

Yes maybe the BNP can try that one as well razil after they where SECRETLY recorded the other day talking BS?

How about the woman taking him to court for DEFORMATION ?
  • Options
    a mistake certainly- but the bit that got me and shows his real colours was the bit after he supposedly apologised. he cam out of the house with a huge grin on his face and said i am mortified. How can you be mortified and say it with a huge grin. This guy is so unreal.