Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brown's 'Bigoted Woman' gaffe...

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Spot on JT, clegg knows nothing, keeps tripping up on his words and looks weak. You wouldn't be a labour supporter hoping the lib dems will prop you up when your own vote collapses would you nolly?

Nick Clegg knows nothing, eh?

I guess his educational, academic and professional achievements must pale into insignificance compared to yours.
  • Options
    That is right, I stayed in the real world. He chose politics, lobbying and PR, as I said, he knows nothing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]That is right, I stayed in the real world. He chose politics, lobbying and PR, as I said, he knows nothing.

All the leaders, as far as I can work out

Brown: The most non-politics part of his career is as a Lecturer in Politics in a university
    Cameron: Spent 3 years as Director of Corporate something or other at a communications company, between being a 'Special adviser' and being an MP
    Clegg: A year as a jornalist, before a fairly political job as a negotiator, so rule that out. One year

I didn't watch tonight's debate. Watched the Fulham match instead. So far, from the other two debates, I prefer the Lib Dems policy on everything except the Euro. Even on that, they seem to be true to the 'Democrat' part of their name, promising a referendum before they'd ever join.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]That is right, I stayed in the real world. He chose politics, lobbying and PR, as I said, he knows nothing.

Hilarious, you are now becoming a self-parody.

Cameron's sole job outside politics was as a PR man - so now I guess that he knows nothing either and you're no longer supporting him?

This anti-politician and anti-intellectualism stuff is just pathetic really, especially when regarding the Eton connection you said that you wanted 'educated people' running the country.

What do you mean by the 'real world' anyway? What job do you do that gives you a value beyond PR/political pracititioners?

Fact is that if you want a career in politics as an MP then you will massively increase your chances by working inside the system rather than in the 'real world' whatever that is.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    No matter what happened during the debate, everyone thinks that their man won.

In my opinion last night went (and I base this solely on policies)
    1. Brown
    2. Cameron
    3. Clegg.

Edit: Good to see that Cameron and Clegg were both above mentioning biggotgate.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]If anyone is watching the debate now and still doesn't think that the lib dems are a joke, then god help us. Only one man on that stage has a slight understanding of what to do, but won't go ahead with it as it'll be unpopular and lead to uproar and getting kicked out of government.[/quote]

I watched that debate and dont think the Lib Dems are a joke, the two blows Cameron tried to deliver were on the Euro and on Immigration.

On the Euro, Cleggs says, not without a referendum from the British People and only when in Britains interests, Tories just say a blanket no. Cleggs position seems to make sense to me.

On immigration, Why is Clegg the only politician addressing the question of the Immigrants that are already here? Both the Conservative and Labour parties have overseen at least four back-door amnesties over the last 20 years and presided over an immigration system that operates a 14-year rule allowing long-term illegal residents to be granted indefinite leave to remain. All Clegg is doing is adding conditions to this, speaking English, having a clean record, paying taxes (contributing to society) and reducing it from 14 to 10 years.

Brown was stronger last night, stronger than the post debate polls gave him credit from IMO.

Sadly my vote doesnt matter anyway as I live in a safe Labour seat due to this joke of an electoral system, I could be a Labour supporter but they have failed to deliver (despite manifesto promises and 13yrs of opportunity) on the one thing I particularly care about consititional reform (Electoral/House of Lords/Power for backbenchers)
  • Options
    A big decision like the Euro should be done in Parliament, a public vote, no doubt influenced by a Sun no campaign won't be the best option for the bigger picture. People will only vote for how it affects the bubble which they live in, e.g. It'll save time changing up money when going aboard and isn't anything in this country sacred any more? Personally I don't see a reason for considering joining the Euro in the current climate.

Immigration, Brown wants to deport them, Clegg correct stated why that's not going to happen! Neither party is going to do much about those that are already here. The point system is similar to what Clegg wants. Cameron wants to put a limit on which he has yet to state it, he knows it's vote winner but has no actual plan.

Economy, Libs want to take from the rich and give to the poor, potentially leading to the rich working elsewhere, not the best way to get out of a recession. Tories still want to help the rich and make cuts everywhere instead of helping the economy. A vote for them and it's goodbye cross rail and further buildings in the city.
  • Options
    I can't watch these debates for more than a minute. It's a sad reflection on modern politics and modern society that they're just all saying what idiots want them to say. In last night's 60 seconds I heard Clegg announce that he'd be lowering my taxes while increasing taxes of people who could afford it. Ah right, that's great, cheers Davey.

Sounds like I'm picking on him, but the last one that I heard he was piping on about how banks needed to have more tight controls and lend more money to people. So, in order to better control bad debt they would be forced to lend more money? Jesus, is anyone actually listening to this? Certainly not the other two numbnuts who are both coming out with similar garbage. You can just see some Tuckeresque character leaning over their shoulders going, "people hate banks tell them that we'll stick it to the bankers. But people also like borrowing pots of cash without any hassle, tell them we'll do that too. They're all too dumb to work out that we can't do both." Cameron was going on about a taxing banks to get "our money back". This'd be money that's owed back at a healthy interest rates. Of course he knows that, but thickos won't so he just says it, because it sounds nice. It's all very sad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I can't watch these debates for more than a minute. It's a sad reflection on modern politics and modern society that they're just all saying what idiots want them to say. In last night's 60 seconds I heard Clegg announce that he'd be lowering my taxes while increasing taxes of people who could afford it. Ah right, that's great, cheers Davey.

Sounds like I'm picking on him, but the last one that I heard he was piping on about how banks needed to have more tight controls and lend more money to people. So, in order to better control bad debt they would be forced to lend more money? Jesus, is anyone actually listening to this? Certainly not the other two numbnuts who are both coming out with similar garbage. You can just see some Tuckeresque character leaning over their shoulders going, "people hate banks tell them that we'll stick it to the bankers. But people also like borrowing pots of cash without any hassle, tell them we'll do that too. They're all too dumb to work out that we can't do both." Cameron was going on about a taxing banks to get "our money back". This'd be money that's owed back at a healthy interest rates. Of course he knows that, but thickos won't so he just says it, because it sounds nice. It's all very sad.

I cant read your posts for more than one sentence..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    If Brown and Cameron don't want an amnesty they need to present a serious alternative solution to solving the problem of current illegals in the UK - however they don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clegg won hands down last night for me and overall during the three debates. The biggest loser has been Cameron who got another caning last night and muts regret ever agreeing to take part as he's just comes across as very light on policy standing next to Clegg who, agree with them or not, has at least set out some of his parties policies rather than just make a speech on the subject which, on reflection, tells you absolutely nothing about how they are going to tackle the issues.

Cameron will still be PM this time next week though...
  • Options
    I don't think he will be PM for long - biggest party but labour will court lib dems kick out brown and form a coalition. Vince cable has already accepted this as a go-er. Who will be PM? Who knows? Mandy and then god help us?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I can't watch these debates for more than a minute. It's a sad reflection on modern politics and modern society that they're just all saying what idiots want them to say. In last night's 60 seconds I heard Clegg announce that he'd be lowering my taxes while increasing taxes of people who could afford it. Ah right, that's great, cheers Davey.

So who is this Davey Clegg ?

Don't think I'll be voting for him, he's got a split personality.
  • Options
    So Gordon is a team player but not a bully.

Would you like to be the Sue who he criticised in the car for setting up the meeting with the woman in Rochdale?

Sounds like a bully who doesn't support his team.
  • Options
    He said big titted woman.
  • Options
    Actually it was big toed woman...
  • Options
    Is Clegg and Cameron related as they look so similar?

if you vote liberal, bnp, green, ukip etc then you might as well throw your vote away.

If u think the country is bad now then wait till the tories get in :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]Is Clegg and Cameron related as they look so similar?

if you vote liberal, bnp, green, ukip etc then you might as well throw your vote away.

If u think the country is bad now then wait till the tories get in :(

Nothing will ever change if people continue to vote for the tired old parties.