Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Not happy one bit would have liked to have gone to the away leg and now although I am a season ticket holder (and have bought a 5 year one already) my seat for the home game is already gone (according to the website ticket thing) and I cannot get a ticket.

The website keeps crashing, the phone cuts me off due to it being overloaded and I live/work too far from SE7 to get up there in person

Your seat won't have gone as it is reserved until 5pm tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Not happy one bit would have liked to have gone to the away leg and now although I am a season ticket holder (and have bought a 5 year one already) my seat for the home game is already gone (according to the website ticket thing) and I cannot get a ticket.

The website keeps crashing, the phone cuts me off due to it being overloaded and I live/work too far from SE7 to get up there in person

Your seat won't have gone as it is reserved until 5pm tonight.

Dam I sound like that Millwall fan now!

But I still cannot get the website to work!
  • Options
    From Twitter:

Online members' ticketing system is still down, unfortunately, despite staff working overnight to fix it (MW)
  • Options
    oh well, it is just a shame that all those that buggered off over the last few seasons have resurfaced at the slightest whiff of glory
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite] despite staff working overnight to fix it (MW)

Waggott?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Not happy one bit would have liked to have gone to the away leg

Have you considered buying a ticket in the home section? Not ideal i know, and i know you shouldn't have to, but if i didn't have a ticket and was desperate to go i'd be on the phone to Swindon at 8am tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]oh well, it is just a shame that all those that buggered off over the last few seasons have resurfaced at the slightest whiff of glory

I know you're bitter at not getting a ticket but i think that's well wide of the mark. For a start the vast majority (if not all of them) will be ST holders and i'd guess that most will have gone to a few aways this season as well
  • Options
    If Charlton is being run wby people with a real empathy for our supporters then they would have been fairly treated regarding the Swindon away game, and maybe also we would have marked Bobby Curtis properly, and maybe we wouldn't be insulted by chite written in the programme from some quarters, and maybe people would recognise the parlous financial state we're in and get off the gravy train.
  • Options
    That bloody holding music!

Managed to bag my ST seats. Sorted.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Predictably pathetic and feeble response I'm afraid... how can they honestly plead "unprecedented demand" and still show their faces above the parapet thinking it's all ok?

I would love to see the figure the combined 2,000 tickets cost to obtain on the hotline, it must have quite literally been £1000s and that's not even stopping to think of some of the people from here who are VG/shareholders/season ticket holders for X years/10+ away games who've had to miss out

Monday - initial allocation
    Tuesday - lowered allocation

How hard is that?

I've always had the impression that there's two many cooks in our management structure, and Airman your honest and excellent comments seem to vindicate this... too many cooks but nobody was in the kitchen yesterday and left a load of middle men to kop it. Is that charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]oh well, it is just a shame that all those that buggered off over the last few seasons have resurfaced at the slightest whiff of glory

I know you're bitter at not getting a ticket but i think that's well wide of the mark. For a start the vast majority (if not all of them) will be ST holders and i'd guess that most will have gone to a few aways this season as well

I was moaning about the upsurge in interest in the home leg there, the club was on to a loser what ever they did due to the short time scale involved
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Not happy one bit would have liked to have gone to the away leg

Have you considered buying a ticket in the home section? Not ideal i know, and i know you shouldn't have to, but if i didn't have a ticket and was desperate to go i'd be on the phone to Swindon at 8am tomorrow.

And I could lord my roof over the rest of you commoners
  • Options
    I totally agree with the mood on here.
    With such a small allocation certainly a preference should have been given to regular Away fans this season.
    I wanted to go to Swindon, I haven't been to an Away match this season, I haven’t been away actually for a couple of seasons to be honest, but as a ST holder for 12 years or so, exercised my right to try. I sat on the phone for 60 odd mins (work phone) when a mate called to say he was No. 7 in queue. He took my CON numbers for me and my boys and we got our tickets. Very lucky? Yes. That was about 10.10am
    We (me my mate and our kids)only bought one per ST.
    I really do feel sorry for some who have been giving the team good away support this year and didn't get a ticket. However, and again I say the process was wrong and ill thought out, I don't see how a ST holder could have sat back and let others go first etc? So any anger should not be directed at STH's who got tickets just by managing to get through or being able to get down to the club but to the people who organize such allocations.
    So to those who know me, please don't come up to me on Friday asking where I was at Exeter, Yeovil, Northwich Victoria etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Got my tickets for the away game no problem. Just called the ticket office. There are plenty.

No, they're sold out. Can you not see how annoyed some people are? This is not the palce for your unhelpfull childish lies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]So to those who know me, please don't come up to me on Friday asking where I was at Exeter, Yeovil, Northwich Victoria etc.
    Meet us at Paddington and buy as all champagne.....

(Seriously though, not your fault you got tickets, it's the club's fault certain people didnt)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Got my tickets for the away game no problem. Just called the ticket office. There are plenty.

No, they're sold out. Can you not see how annoyed some people are? This is not the palce for your unhelpfull childish lies.

I wouldn't bother, that poster is a complete utter wind up merchant.
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]don't see how a ST holder could have sat back and let others go first etc? So any anger should not be directed at STH's who got tickets just by managing to get through or being able to get down to the club but to the people who organize such allocations.
    So to those who know me, please don't come up to me on Friday asking where I was at Exeter, Yeovil, Northwich Victoria etc.

I don't think anyone is frustrated at those perceived to be "less entitled" securing tickets... anyone is entitled to take what they can get, it's who decided that that's the issue
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Meet us at Paddington and buy as all champagne.....
    Those were the days!
  • Options
    Nice got my ticket for the home leg so my frustration is lessened
  • Options
    The response from 24/7 and on the website is rubbish ... they do not even accept the blame for the fiasco, just put it down to high demand (really!) and short time to arrange (others manage to do it).

Just not good enough ... if we get to Wembley I dread to think what will happen ... although I only have to remember the ManU ticket arangements many years back to realise what could happen again ... except it shouldn't these days of course.

24/7's role has been an issue for me for a while although perhaps not to the extent that others have been concerned... however I am becoming more disillusioned with his input ...or apparent lack of ... as weeks go by.
  • Options

ha ha ... idiot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    http://tinyurl.com/395x73l

They have only sold 5,000 for the home leg so might be some left on general sale tomorrow morning

Also only sold 1,500 out of the 3,400 we're giving them
  • Options
    wheres rocking robin then to tell us why slow in uptake? if they dont sell out at home surely they coudl have given us some more?

Do they normally sell out home games?
  • Options
    they have only 1000 home tickets left
  • Options
    sorry i had a moment they have 7000 left,looks like everybody can go
  • Options
    They've got corporate packages left & will have loads of home tickets left, stop moaning and get on the blower tomorrow and take over their end. Simple.
  • Options
    you sold out yet dear fellow?
  • Options
    I don't want to advocate going in home ends.

But go in the bloody home ends people.
  • Options
    Are we sure Waggott said 24/7 and not 7/24 ????
  • Options
    but dont talk about on here
  • Options
    Not yet nolly, you're thinking about it more than I am! Was down there this morning picking mine up, about 800 left I think, so should hopefully all go fingers crossed.