Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Someone did post what the average away support was a while back...I think we were about 1450...Leeds were top then I think it was Norwich, Southampton and then us...Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Someone did post what the average away support was a while back...I think we were about 1450...Leeds were top then I think it was Norwich, Southampton and then us...Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong

Ask ooohaaah!
  • Options
    I'll publish all the figures later this week when i get a bit of time.

In the meantime, please keep this thread to problems with getting tickets for the Swindon games, ta
  • Options
    The thing I am struggling to get my head round is what is the fairest way to actually prioritise tickets?

Do you back Mr not missed an away game for seven years but not a Valley Golder of 5 year S/Ticket man.
    or
    Mr I don't really do aways at all but I pay for Valley Gold & have a 5 Year Season ticket & I should be able to get a ticket for this Big away game?

As far as Charlton Football Club is concerned away games earn them precisely £0 Zero nadda nothing, so why should someone who goes to loads of away games but who does not pay loads of money into the club (Like a Valley Gold & 5 year Seasdon Ticket Holder does) get priority?

I'll wager any system put forward by anyone on here could be shot down as unfair by someone else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]
    man united have overdemand for every single away game they play, but people have to accept they can't get a ticket for certain games as there just aren't enough - it's making sure that those who travel the most are rewarded accordingly.

I've got a family member who's a season ticket holder at United, he applies for tickets to EVERY away game and gets tickets to about 6 a season. It's luck of the draw, and so there's no preference for those that travelled the most. Also I may be missing the point but if clubs like United and Leeds have this random lottery system if most of their games are oversubscribed, i would argue that it's unfair to reward those who got lucky.

Anyway I digress, cos I can't ever seeing that being a problem for us.......End of the day the club f**ked up big style with the allocation and everyone knows that, I'm just glad I got a ticket.

Probably because of finally getting one, I'm personally more hacked off at spending more on my phone bill attempting to get one than the the ticket itself cost.
  • Options
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but there are over 500 posts on this thread!

Whilst it was only discovered at 5pm on Saturday exactly what would be happening re. the play-offs (ie. who & when) - the fact that we had an 80% chance of being involved was known 7 days earlier, therefore the time was available to define a prioritisation system.

With the ticket office being open on Sunday, the opportunity was there for priority sales to take place before ST/VG "standard" sales took place on the Monday.
  • Options
    i didn't know that was the situation at united and if its luck of the draw then yes that is unfair to reward those people. however that is irrelevant with us as there is certainly no draw required for the 400 who traipsed up to tranmere, or to walsall on a tuesday night.

Ketman - as far as charlton athletic is concerned re: those people who travel to away games but don't put money into the club - those people are putting money into the club - and much more than those people who pay £120 a year to valley gold! I have spent literally hundreds on going to away games this season, and time and effort in addition to that. that is putting money into SUPPORTING the club. I wonder how the club would feel if we had no supporters at every away game?

i don't pay valley gold because i couldn't justify that expense as i don't get enough out of it and i would rather spend my limited money following my club. in my opinion valley gold subscriptions are overranked, as they could simply reward those more well off but less ardent supporters who can afford to stick a hundred quid into valley gold every year without having to think too hard about it.

but i agree that these debates obviously raise question marks over the correct system for allocating tickets - but they have had a system in place this year which seems to have worked okay and hasnt attracted too many complaints, so that is surely the one they should have stuck with for the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]I sent an email this morning complaining about not getting through to get my home tickets (season ticket seats), I stated my disappointment and frustration. I said that if I did not get my season ticket seats for the home leg and miss out then I will be demanding a full refund on my season ticket that I have paid for upfront.

I was promptly called back by a very nice lady on reception who took my order. They said that they are really up against it and have not been taking any breaks. So maybe worth a try?!?!

IF we get through next week to the final I am just going to have to go down there on the Tuesday.

I've spoken with the club today and asked the following.

It’s very early days in the play-off scenario but given the ticketing problems with the Swindon Away game, assuming Charlton make it through the play-offs, have the club made any decision on the play-off final ticket sales for the 29th May 2010? We will obviously know if we are there late on Monday (17th) evening giving us 11 days to sell our allocation of tickets. Will there be any restrictions in place, is so do you know what these will be and also when the tickets will go on sale?

The response back was as follows.

All these things are currently being discussed at length.

There will be restrictions in place, but they depend, for example, on the opposition (ie Millwall), which won’t be known until Tuesday night. I imagine they won’t go on sale until the Wednesday, but this has yet to be confirmed/finalised.

So the club are taking our comments on board, have apologised and are now doing their level best to ensure the same situation does not happen again. As Ketman has said already any system put forward by anyone could be shot down as unfair by someone else so the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]i didn't know that was the situation at united and if its luck of the draw then yes that is unfair to reward those people. however that is irrelevant with us as there is certainly no draw required for the 400 who traipsed up to tranmere, or to walsall on a tuesday night.

Ketman - as far as charlton athletic is concerned re: those people who travel to away games but don't put money into the club - those people are putting money into the club - and much more than those people who pay £120 a year to valley gold! I have spent literally hundreds on going to away games this season, and time and effort in addition to that. that is putting money into SUPPORTING the club. I wonder how the club would feel if we had no supporters at every away game?

i don't pay valley gold because i couldn't justify that expense as i don't get enough out of it and i would rather spend my limited money following my club. in my opinion valley gold subscriptions are overranked, as they could simply reward those more well off but less ardent supporters who can afford to stick a hundred quid into valley gold every year without having to think too hard about it.

but i agree that these debates obviously raise question marks over the correct system for allocating tickets - but they have had a system in place this year which seems to have worked okay and hasnt attracted too many complaints, so that is surely the one they should have stuck with for the moment.

I agree. The current system for away tickets has been in place all season and this is the first time that complaints have been raised. Now that complaints have been registered the club are looking at how to improve things.
  • Options
    Wait 'til next season.
    august 19th away v crystal palace.
    tickets will initially go on sale to valley gold members and s/t holders that attended the away leg of the swindon play off semi final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    In position 13... going to be a while on the phone i reckon!
  • Options
    Be interested to know the home ticket sales after today...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]In position 13... going to be a while on the phone i reckon!

interesting, I thought there were only 10 places on the switchboard...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]In position 13... going to be a while on the phone i reckon!

In fairness to the staff there, once you eventually get through they are very very quick.
    I rang up last friday for my home ticket, and i think the whole call took about 20 seconds.
  • Options
    I'm currently in position 69.

Nah luckily got my ticket on the day queuing, very unfair to those going to every home and away game and those travelling miles and miles. I've been to my fair share of games, shame the game can't be played at Emirates or something. :-( ;-)
  • Options
    Airman

Any update on sales of the home tie?

Also are you ITK what they have sold for Friday?
  • Options
    I called countless times yesterday, I picked all 4 options during the day and still got cut off.
    Was there one person dealing with home tickets, one for away ticket, one for becoming a member and one for everything esle? Or was it a case regardless of what you picked you where in the same queue?
  • Options
    for anyone with tickets... are the seats allocated or unreserved?
  • Options
    I think they have more staff today. I waited for about 8 mins or so but got sorted quickly with tickets with an old friend Nancy. Sounds manic there.

couldnt get any in the north upper - well not four together! going to be a big crowd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Allocated.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I think they have more staff today. I waited for about 8 mins or so but got sorted quickly with tickets with an old friend Nancy. Sounds manic there.

couldnt get any in the north upper - well not four together! going to be a big crowd.

Cos they are held back until tomorrow when ST holders seats become available
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite] couldnt get any in the north upper - well not four together! going to be a big crowd.

I imagine you'll probably be ok tomorrow once the STs are unreserved.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Allocated.

oh well... stand where you want job then ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Allocated.

oh well... stand where you want job then ;-)

Yeah will prob end up like that, anyone who wants to sit down, go to the front for gawd sake.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CAFC, We hate Palace[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I think they have more staff today. I waited for about 8 mins or so but got sorted quickly with tickets with an old friend Nancy. Sounds manic there.

Cos they are held back until tomorrow when ST holders seats become available

I know that but to be honest there are so many non season ticket holders in the north west quad i was surprised that there were none left at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Airman

Any update on sales of the home tie?

Also are you ITK what they have sold for Friday?

16,891 sold at The Valley (assumes Swindon sell out)
  • Options
    On the Stfc website,updated to 2.55pm, 6,800 home tickets sold and 1,800 for the Valley
  • Options
    Thoroughly depressing all round.

That people's loyalty hasn't been recognised, that the points system (which was introduced for just such occasions) wasn't used and that the Club made such a mistake.

Yes, people were going to miss out regardless but don't promise priority, rightly or wrongly for Valley Gold, for away purchases and 5 year STs and then ignore it.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth as does the rush by some who should know better to apportion blame.
  • Options
    So who do we blame Henry?

The French?

Actually.........