Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton going ?

Comments

• Options
    £300 p/w even on a 'normal' 39 hour week is £7.69 an hour, is that not right?
  • Options
    according to stats released a couple of seasons a go - the average wage for a championship side footballer was £3.8k a week. The League One average was £1.3k. obviously it might be slighter higher now; but still, if we are paying roughly £5m at the moment then that's going to have to be reduce considerably to get us anyway near the average league one club budget. The £3m target is probably about right, although still high for this league.
    So I think out of the 14 players out of contract I would expect to see at least 8 of them released... including Burton.
  • Options
    £300 p/w even on a 'normal' 39 hour week is £7.69 an hour, is that not right?..... you forgot the 8p WSS!
    No double time for Saturdays,Sunday's Evenings and Bank holidays!.. not much use as a footballer is it!

Get your point though!
  • Options
    A footballer and a 39 hour week would not generally be in the same sentance.

If we wanted to look at their wages on a 'per hour' basis, surely £300 per week would equate to about £25 per hour???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]according to stats released a couple of seasons a go - the average wage for a championship side footballer was £3.8k a week. The League One average was £1.3k. obviously it might be slighter higher now; but still, if we are paying roughly £5m at the moment then that's going to have to be reduce considerably to get us anyway near the average league one club budget. The £3m target is probably about right, although still high for this league.
    So I think out of the 14 players out of contract I would expect to see at least 8 of them released... including Burton.
    Agree Stebo, the Club must come first which in turn means trying to keep the board with us. No matter how much we may not want to see any players go they are hardly going to take such drastic wage cuts to stay.
  • Options
    One thing is for sure, getting Moots and McLeod off the wage bill will help reach any targets regarding reducing wage bills.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]One thing is for sure, getting Moots and McLeod off the wage bill will help reach any targets regarding reducing wage bills.
    They're here for another year unless someone picks up their ridiculous wages.

Pardew?
  • Options
    i'm hoping someone out there is willing to take mcleod and moo2 off our hands; oh and fleetwood as well.
  • Options
    Hope there is a team in France willing to take Moots.

Fleetwood may get a league 2 move. McLeod who knows? sure there is a manager stupid enough out there to sign him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Hope there is a team in France willing to take Moots.

Fleetwood may get a league 2 move. McLeod who knows? sure there is a manager stupid enough out there to sign him.[/quote]

I suppose with each of them we may be able to get them off the books, but be forced to fund some of the wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've heard that our wage bill this season was about 3rd highest, behinbd Leeds & Norwich, at around £5 -£6m and next season it should drop to around £4m ish due to the likes of Moo2 leaving as well as the 14 out of contract players being offered lower amounts if they stay.

sorry WSS your figures are way out !!!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2010
    So you think we'll have 20 players earning, next year, on average, over £3.5k p/w?

We are talking about just playing staff arent we?
  • Options
    It's all about when they signed and the length of contract. Fleetwood was rumoured to be on £4k a week, Yassin £8k. Sam signed a 4 year deal when Dowie came in, he'll be on a decent wage. I'd imagine not all players had relegation clauses either, if any. McLeod we paid over £1m for, he's another that'll be on a big wage. Racon and Semedo also signed 4 year contracts, we had come down from the Prem, you don't get players signing long deals like that when you're aiming to go back up to the top division without them earning good wages. Someone like Clark who only went pro last summer will probably be a lot less than Wagstaff, who went pro in early 2008 and signed a 2 1/2 year deal until the end of this season.
  • Options
    I dont think many of the top players will be happy dropping from 10 -12k a week down to 3k a week
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I dont think many of the top players will be happy dropping from 10 -12k a week down to 3k a week[/quote]

Top players??? This is League1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I dont think many of the top players will be happy dropping from 10 -12k a week down to 3k a week

No! top players of this club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I dont think many of the top players will be happy dropping from 10 -12k a week down to 3k a week

No doubt what Uncle means, is that certain players were signed on higher division contracts that they are still sitting on.
    Those players won't be too keen to re-negotiate their current salary right down to League One level.

How would we feel if our employer called us in and says, "Oh BTW, I'm just slashing your wages in half".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

No doubt what Uncle means, is that certain players were signed on higher division contracts that they are still sitting on.
    Those players won't be too keen to re-negotiate their current salary right down to League One level.

How would we feel if our employer called us in and says, "Oh BTW, I'm just slashing your wages in half".

It would depend if I had another job available to go to!

Fact is that 90% of CCC, L1 and L2 clubs are on their uppers unless they have a rich benefactor - so for anyone getting released from a well paying Charlton there are no guarantees that you will do better elsewhere.

The huge number of foreigners in the English leagues has put real pressure on the market for players and there are simply not enough jobs to go round, players will have to like it or lump it in the vast majority of cases.
  • Options
    If 3k is being mentioned oggy that would be cutting some by 75% thats a huge drop in income although i think its plenty enough for them to be on
  • Options
    How the f*ck did we give Fleetwood £4K a week!!!!!

Pathetic. I'd love to know what Morison is on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moo2 gets a loyalty bonus this summer. I kid you not.
  • Options
    Burton has been a class act this season and, although his legs went, I thought he was MOM on Monday. His hold up play was incredible and everything went through him. If he goes, I think we'd really struggle without him. Disappointed at his loyalty though the DAY AFTER we go out.

Can anyone supply a link as I can't find this on SSN anywhere.
  • Options
    It's a disgrace how much money was wasted. When you think about it, moo2,fleetwood,Dickson,mcleod,spring etc. Have all been massive waste's of money. What I don't understand is why these players don't get a run in the first team (I assuming there are appearance fees) at least spring and moo2 deserved a shot.

As for burton, a good striker. But we need people with real hunger ( like austin,morrision) not players releasing the press annoucements a day after a massive lose to be talking about contracts it's disrespectful to us fans.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]Moo2 gets a loyalty bonus this summer. I kid you not.[/quote]

And we laugh at Jordan.
  • Options
    Murray said at the start of this season that he would be signing players for £2k per week.

Therefore, if it is true that Burton is on say £6k per week, I would guess that he would be offered say £3k per week.

Whether he would accept IMO would depend on whether he wants to stay down south & at the Valley, or whether he wants to return oop north & gets a better offer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]If 3k is being mentioned oggy that would be cutting some by 75% thats a huge drop in income although i think its plenty enough for them to be on

Fair enough, Uncle - no doubt you have some inside knowledge. Which will explain why the club are anxious to offload certain higher paid players, even those who've been a mainstay of the team this season.
  • Options
    First and foremost

ANY PLAYER THAT WISHES TO LEAVE< GO,PISS OFF HAVE A GREAT CAREER WE DONT NEED ANYONE THAT DOESNT WANT TO BE HERE NEXT SEASON

secondly

the only way out of this league is to build a team much like Millwall have done it has taken them atleast 4 seasons to do that so be warned it may take us as long

thirdly

have a great summer and unless you are on the board ath CAFC dont worry about it there is nothing you or i can do so chill

fourthly

If you are on the board of CAFC tahnks for what you tried to do i appreciate it, good luck in the summer i hope that your pockets have not been to unduely burned, i hope that you can work some magic and give us hope next year

Come on England cheer my footballing life up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]Moo2 gets a loyalty bonus this summer. I kid you not.

Seriously, if he insists on lurking around bankrupting the club for another season someone should pay him a visit at home and make him see the error of his ways.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]Moo2 gets a loyalty bonus this summer. I kid you not.

Seriously, if he insists on lurking around bankrupting the club for another season someone should pay him a visit at home and make him see the error of his ways.[/quo

It is not his fault Pardew the club paid him the money he is on, if my boss offered me x amount i would not turn round and say sorry i aint worth.
  • Options
    I'm sure Moo2 would much rather actually play than hang around ..... whatever people may think of him, he's a professional footballer after all.

If he had been signed during the past 12 months, he'd quite possibly be on a 2 year contract and £2k a week.
    And then he'd be much easier to move on.

As Rose & Crown says above, you can't blame him for sticking to his existing contract - iy was the club who decided how long and how much he was worth. And in today's economic climate, he knows he's not going to get another contract anywhere near as financially rewarding.

Anyway, he remains under contract unless the club can move him on.