Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton going ?

Comments

• Options
    guys we will be working on a budget of around £1.6m next year so you work out the maths and see who you think we can get in for that. one thing to remember is that there will be a lot of footballers out of work this year . as to fabian brandy i think you will find he will be at shefield united next year. one good thing is that we will be seeing alot of new faces at the valley next season
  • Options
    1.6m? Dont spend it all at once guys!!

doomed.
  • Options
    I was a bit critical of Richardson a few weeks ago.

But I now retract that.
    For the past half a dozen matches he's been immense, every inch the player I first thought we'd signed.

He must be gutted to miss promotion at Charlton; especially with Leeds promoted and yet not be part of it after all those years there, man and boy.

But he's a cornerstone of this Charlton team - and I really hope he stays.
  • Options
    Richardson hasn't ways played well, but he's one of the players we have to try and keep. We won't find better and a new player would need to settle in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Richardson hasn't ways played well, but he's one of the players we have to try and keep. We won't find better and a new player would need to settle in.

He has to stay...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    unfortunately I can see us still being stuck with a lot of the dead wood we so need to lose, if they're too poor to get even a sniff in here then what hope have we got of a club taking them off our hands? Saying that Izale should get offers if he's on a free, and he lowered his current wage, l2 clubs would snap him up maybe even few l1 clubs aswel, question is will he lower his wage and take a longer contract with someone else or sit out this one for a yr and leave for free nexrt summer - its not like he's got much competition of a place as it stands with only sodje and tuna as recognised strikers

Burton will surely look around and see whats on offer before even considering staying, he's on a free and prob last pro contract for him so he'll surely take the best deal on offer weather that be a 1 yr deal on deflated wages with us or a 2 yr deal on slightly lower wages with another L1/L2 club and , esp since dont get feeling he'll stay in football after he's retiered
  • Options
    I dont buy all this moo2 stuff, we can't afford to be paying someone who isnt playing, bring him back now. If he or any others can't act professionally fine them, and keep doing it til they do. Its time we stopped being soft.
  • Options
    LOL at Curb_It, ha ha!

Don't even have to ask her if Richardson is a "Would Ya"!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I dont buy all this moo2 stuff, we can't afford to be paying someone who isnt playing, bring him back now. If he or any others can't act professionally fine them, and keep doing it til they do. Its time we stopped being soft.
    Bring him back where? Richardson has done well at right back for us.

Could say the same about all the unwanted players. They are just not good enough or don't have the right attitude. Parky has built a team spirit here and if he thinks it's better off without Yassin there then he's right to leave him out.
  • Options
    ..is a valid point of course

:D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seem to remember Parky saying that he didn't think Mootoo was good enough - couldn't defend and in attack crosses were wayward - add to that his disruptive personality - and it means their is no way he will play for us again. At least when we loan him out some of his wages are temporarily taken off the books. As for Burton - can't blame him for trying to get work sorted out for next year as soon as possible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Seem to remember Parky saying that he didn't think Mootoo was good enough - couldn't defend and in attack crosses were wayward
    He did, and from what I read he played just like that at Motherwell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]Moo2 gets a loyalty bonus this summer. I kid you not.

That is unbe$$$$inlevable. Something needs to be done about this! The sheer class of Pardung keeps coming back to bite or arses while he is scot free at Southampton buying decent players something he knew f@ck all about when he was here. It beggars belief what this muppet has done/continues to do to our club and he got a nice tidy pay off. This shows how truly screwed football is if you are one of the have nots.
  • Options
    DEON Burton could be set for a move abroad after receiving an offer from overseas which would see him boost his wages.

The Charlton striker is out of contract this summer and has been told he can assess his options by manager Phil Parkinson.

A number of clubs have enquired about the 33-year-old, with League One newcomers Notts County reportedly interested.

Burton has yet to receive a formal offer from Charlton but the South London Press understands he has received indications that a new deal could be on the table.
    “Deon’s had a firm offer from a club in Europe and we’ve had interest from elsewhere,” said Burton’s agent Darryl Powell.

“The offer from abroad is a decent one and it’s probably more than anyone could pay in this country, but it might not be enough for him to say ‘yes’.

“We haven’t spoken yet with Charlton about terms but I know Deon would like to have had something sorted by this stage.”
  • Options
    If the report is true
    we start pre season in 3 days

come on wake up CAFC we need a sqaud
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Burton has yet to receive a formal offer from Charlton but the South London Press understands he has received indications that a new deal could be on the table.

I would imagine (read: "I don't actually know" ....!!), that the club have had preliminary discussion with all players who are out of contract, that haven't actually been released.

Otherwise they would have been named on the official players released list with Spring, Dicko, McKenzie, etc ......?
  • Options
    Further, on Choices Golf Day video interview with Grant Basey, Basey said even though he'll be out of contract, he's been told to report back for pre-season training at Sparrows Lane on July 1st.

It'll be interesting to see which out of contract players are there on Thursday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]DEON Burton could be set for a move abroad after receiving an offer from overseas which would see him boost his wages.

The Charlton striker is out of contract this summer and has been told he can assess his options by manager Phil Parkinson.

A number of clubs have enquired about the 33-year-old, with League One newcomers Notts County reportedly interested.

Burton has yet to receive a formal offer from Charlton but the South London Press understands he has received indications that a new deal could be on the table.
    Deon’s had a firm offer from a club in Europe and we’ve had interest from elsewhere,” said Burton’s agent Darryl Powell.

“The offer from abroad is a decent one and it’s probably more than anyone could pay in this country, but it might not be enough for him to say ‘yes’.

“We haven’t spoken yet with Charlton about terms but I know Deon would like to have had something sorted by this stage.”

Bl**dy Mourinho...;o)
  • Options
    looks like we are retaining an interest without actually sitting down and offering them anything (Burton and Sam seems to confirm this) as if to say see what you can get elsewhere and then if you don't get fixed up come back to see us and we'll see what we can do. In the meantime we may get other players in and when they come back there is nothing left in the budget or we may not and there could be something left to accommodate them.
  • Options
    we are having to offer (reduced) wages within our budget
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Deon's off to either America or Qatar
  • Options
    I should imagine the club has a policy of typically offering only 1-year deals at present.

Burton at 33 may be looking for a 2 year deal - that may be the sticking point in his case, let alone reducing his current wages on his existing contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sam would like to stay, as he'd quite possibly prefer the stability to build up his business interests - and may even accept a significantly reduced wage.
    In his case, it may well make sense to offer him at least a 2 year contract - as a 25 year old, he'd have a transfer value, which the club could cash in during January or next summer.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Sounds like Deon's off to either America or Qatar
    Could be anywhere really, Gifton Noel-Williams has played in Spain (and looking him up, he's now in America) as has Carl Cort. Australia wouldn't be that surprising actually.
  • Options
    It says hes been offered a deal from a club in Europe not America or Qatar
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Australia wouldn't be that surprising actually.

they are currently taking on a lot of veterans/lower league players, would be my guess
  • Options
    Basically read Deons agent as saying he has a better offer from Europe but to heave up his family and move country at 33 isn't what he really wants.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Basically read Deons agent as saying he has a better offer from Europe but to heave up his family and move country at 33 isn't what he really wants.

You could be well be right, Big Red Devil.
  • Options
    Basically reads that Burton's Agent knows UK football teams talk and therefore came up with a "European" club line to see if that puts pressure on Charlton to put our bid in. Injury prone and not prolific, I don't care if he stays or goes tbh.
  • Options
    I don't think we have missed him this season, so far anyway
  • Options
    I do, he had a lot of class, compared to Sodje and Abbot